Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Wikiposts

Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Oh my goodness what can we do???!!

I posted a message on the Dubai site to try and get a bit more info on the place they are staying (from this saturday for 5 night on way back to UK), and got a PM from the (very helpful) Dubai Moderator that this place should be avoided at all costs.

I have tried to cancel it for them (Mother in Law is nearly 70) but they booked and paid for it 6 months ago through some Thailand based website

Said website won't cancel it or even upgrade them to another hotel and they would pay the difference.

Would the actual hotel in Dubai have received the money yet?

This is such a shame, I hate feeling so helpless. We've had a such a fabulous time with them and they have loved their first visit to Oz, I just don't want their last 5 nights to be in some dreadful place.

Any advice guys??
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

I posted a message on the Dubai site to try and get a bit more info on the place they are staying (from this saturday for 5 night on way back to UK), and got a PM from the (very helpful) Dubai Moderator that this place should be avoided at all costs.

I have tried to cancel it for them (Mother in Law is nearly 70) but they booked and paid for it 6 months ago through some Thailand based website

Said website won't cancel it or even upgrade them to another hotel and they would pay the difference.

This is such a shame, I hate feeling so helpless. We've had a such a fabulous time with them and they have loved their first visit to Oz, I just don't want their last 5 nights to be in some dreadful place.

Any advice guys??
God, no idea Was it a lot of money, could they afford to "lose" it and just book somewhere else?
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:16 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Did you pay by credit card if so contact them.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Did you pay by credit card if so contact them.
My Father-in-Law paid for it 6 months ago and the money was taken then I believe.

I think it's a lost cause...........
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:48 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

My Father-in-Law paid for it 6 months ago and the money was taken then I believe.

not necessarily it's the old 'not fit for the purpose for which it was sold' if they take it in payment the can do a reclaim try you've nothing to lose
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Thydney
not necessarily it's the old 'not fit for the purpose for which it was sold' if they take it in payment the can do a reclaim try you've nothing to lose
Thanks so much, I'm still trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 2:57 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice guys??
At least Father In Law will enjoy the place.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:11 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

How the bloody hell does someobody mistake a brother for a hotel?

I even didn't know that prostitution was legal in Dubai.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
How the bloody hell does someobody mistake a brother for a hotel?

I even didn't know that prostitution was legal in Dubai.
It's listed as a hotel but someone on the Middle East site said it's nothing better than a knocking shop
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:11 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

It's listed as a hotel but someone on the Middle East site said it's nothing better than a knocking shop
Full of Russian ladies of the night I expect...only what I heard mind!!

Ahem, me mate was telling me it's toppers with Russian girls.

Nothing wrong with a bit of the old eastern block community relations.

Happy to help!

Rich
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:17 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs J

If it were me, or should i say my inlaws, I'd contact the booking agent and cancel the accom, there may be a refund of some sort or they may have to accept they may well lose what they have paid but fight tooth and nail for it when they get back. Then try to change their flights so they fly all the way through without having to overnight.

You could always try sending your MIL off to the docs to get a cert saying that the doc recommends she gets straight home, then she can claim from her insurance.

Good luck with it, chances are it's not as bad as you imagine, but it is a horrible thought when you are sending older people there.

Lynn
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Mrs J

If it were me, or should i say my inlaws, I'd contact the booking agent and cancel the accom, there may be a refund of some sort or they may have to accept they may well lose what they have paid but fight tooth and nail for it when they get back. Then try to change their flights so they fly all the way through without having to overnight.

You could always try sending your MIL off to the docs to get a cert saying that the doc recommends she gets straight home, then she can claim from her insurance.

Good luck with it, chances are it's not as bad as you imagine, but it is a horrible thought when you are sending older people there.

Lynn
Thanks so much for that - they won't let them cancel, I tried that. Good idea re the doc though..............
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure it was by accident?
Old Apr 25th 2006, 7:07 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Parents-in-Law have booked a hotel in Dubai which is really a brothel

Sounds like a British nightclub to me.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 7:24 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Swallow the pill - write it off. Re-book in a different hotel. No use worrying over something that is now out of your control.

Or you could give one of us the hotel booking ...........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.