Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Parents, I need your expert advice

Wikiposts

Parents, I need your expert advice

Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:17 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents, I need your expert advice

Originally Posted by chels
Having no children of my own, I am in the dark about 'kiddy stuff' so I'm turning to you who have seen the light and reproduced to help me out.

11 babies have been born to our friends since we left the UK - and I have this strange desire to buy them some lovely aussie outfits for their Christmas presents. You know the kind of thing, t-shirts with surfboards on them, tropical scenes, etc, sharks - nothing tacky though, no koalas and 'I love Sydney' rubbish.

Problem - summer here, winter in the UK. Will t-shirts and summer clothes be appreciated (everyone has got central heating so bubs could wear indoors??). Or should I buy the clothes in HUGE sizes so they can wear them next UK summer? If only I'd bought up all that unwanted winter wear stock in the sales... And why so many 00000000s on baby clothes here?

Or even, should I give up on kids' clothes idea and buy them books instead and develop their little minds so they become brain surgeons and look after their parents in their old age (this may be more appreciated by my friends, after all).

(secret to confess: love looking at baby clothes, soooooo cute)
You could always buy them some baby ugs, failing that buy them stuff that will fit next year.