Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The parents are here...

The parents are here...

Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The parents are here...

How dare you slag off the woman who gave you breath you selfish ungrateful get,you. For your punishment, the dog will chew the tickets and they'll need to stay for another extra few months to get over the shock.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:55 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by framac
How dare you slag off the woman who gave you breath you selfish ungrateful get,you. For your punishment, the dog will chew the tickets and they'll need to stay for another extra few months to get over the shock.
I was a blue baby when I was born... The doc provided the air.. and there's been plenty of the hot stuff ever since.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Don't forget the stopping for coffee and texting

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! You're the only person who knows about that!

I'll do you a deal. Send them up here and if (god forbid) my mother ever decides to come over, you can have her. You can push her over Wentworth Falls.
Deal. She'll be up on the morning flight.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Shhhhhhhhhhhh! You're the only person who knows about that!

Deal. She'll be up on the morning flight.
Ahhh, ummm, well I'm sort of busy tomorrow morning but hey I do have the pest control guy coming at 1:30, hope she's here by then
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:05 am
Account Closed

Ahhh, ummm, well I'm sort of busy tomorrow morning but hey I do have the pest control guy coming at 1:30, hope she's here by then
It can be arranged...
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It can be arranged...
So what would you tell her, in order for her to agree to get on the plane.

I'd love to see what happens when she starts telling hubby about God
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:15 am
Account Closed

So what would you tell her, in order for her to agree to get on the plane.

I'd love to see what happens when she starts telling hubby about God
I'll tell her that the whole of the Gold Coast is full of heathens who need converting....

Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

I'll tell her that the whole of the Gold Coast is full of heathens who need converting....

True enough
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice

We got a house too small for guests and offered to look for a nice apartment on the coast for them!!!

We moved away for a reason

Na, we love them all really, we have our first visitors next January for 10 weeks and they are staying in an apartment. It's my in-laws and we all get on famously, so don't want to rock the boat with them staying for that length of time. They both agreed that we have our own lives to lead and they didn't want to encroach on it. Sounds good to me!

Melis
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Tips for survival please...

Already, they are eating me out of house and home, (they're a few stone over weight and need to stop shovelling it in)...
But my mother is driving me nuts in my own bloody house... makes herself a drink and doesn't ask us if we want one, leaves the tea bags in the sink, starts re-arranging the stuff in the cupboard....

I'm preparing meals, and she's asking when I'm 'doing' breakfast, which in our house is a help yourself affair.... Get yourself a bowl and sit on down with something in it.

It's only two days and I'm exhausted already.

There are 5 people in my house normally and now there are 7....

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'll be all right.

Only 2 and a half months more to go....
Think some straight talking is required....

I would honestly go down the "there's the cupboard, help yourself. Breakfast is a DIY job here"
and then the same at lunch....
If I've cooked the eve meal I always sit and say -- Well I cooked, I dont know who's washing up, but it wont be me.......

I would also have a 'chat' about the food bill -- people shouldnt expect to be fed for 2 and a half months -- that's just rude....
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:51 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Katherined0
Think some straight talking is required....

I would honestly go down the "there's the cupboard, help yourself. Breakfast is a DIY job here"
and then the same at lunch....
If I've cooked the eve meal I always sit and say -- Well I cooked, I dont know who's washing up, but it wont be me.......

I would also have a 'chat' about the food bill -- people shouldnt expect to be fed for 2 and a half months -- that's just rude....
Absolutely.

When people come for 2weeks or so then I have no problem with doing most of the work and paying for the food etc - they have done the same for me in the past but two months is a long time to feed and wait on people.

Lay some ground rules and if they don't like it then send them to the local Born Again Church - they are sure to find some nice Christian who will put them up for free!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Absolutely.

When people come for 2weeks or so then I have no problem with doing most of the work and paying for the food etc - they have done the same for me in the past but two months is a long time to feed and wait on people.

Lay some ground rules and if they don't like it then send them to the local Born Again Church - they are sure to find some nice Christian who will put them up for free!!!!

Well my OH has just told my mother he doesn't believe in god.
Watching her reaction was worth feeding her for free for two and a half months...

Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

We've got our first visitors arriving next week, 2 18 yr old lads (friends of my ds) for 6 weeks I am just about to type up a list of rules and regulations

If I were you I would definetely explain about how breakfast is normally done in YOUR home! whats the worst that could happen??
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Poppett44
We've got our first visitors arriving next week, 2 18 yr old lads (friends of my ds) for 6 weeks I am just about to type up a list of rules and regulations

If I were you I would definetely explain about how breakfast is normally done in YOUR home! whats the worst that could happen??
Poppet, they might never visit again....

Oh!

Wait!

I've just done Sunday lunch... I'm expecting to have breakfast out tomorrow morning....

By Monday morning, normal service (dig in help yourselves) will have resumed.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

This thread really made us laugh!

When we first got to my Uncles he said "There are only two rules; Enjoy yourself and make the place your own". I think one morning my aunt made breakfast for everyone and another morning I did, but other than that, it was just help yourself....

2 1/2 months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.