Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

is it pancake day today?

Wikiposts

is it pancake day today?

Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:37 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is it pancake day today?

you've talked about pancakes that much that I have cracked and had them tonight and I'm not bothered if it's the right day or not... .
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Yum, I love pancakes! Especially with maple syrup or chocolate spread... or even crepes suzette - on fire!
I can't wait!
BTW It is fairly big here, a charity day... can't remember which charity does it. Weirdly enough they call pancakes here "hot cakes" and they make thick small ones instead of the big flat ones we have. Still yum though.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 10:59 pm
Enjoy it while you can

Chick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
the crappy calendar i have doesnt have shrove tuesday marked on it.....and somerfield were selling pancakes, syrup etc yesterday.....oh god, i cant make pancakes for the life of me!!!

but if anyone else is having one, i'll have maple syrup and icecream on mine please!
Walking around ASDA yesterday and the lady comes over the tannoy with it's pancake day today get 2 packets of Aunt Bessies for the price of 1, so I rang OH who works in an office full of women ( I never know any dates) and they all confirm yesterday as pancake day. So off I go and buy the 2 for 1 ( my excuse I don't have time to cook) I buy cornish vanilla ice cream. fresh cream, golden syrup, and strawberrys. After dinner we have 3 pancakes and loads of the above on top. 8 pancakes in a packet, so we have 10 left. After reading this thread I now think yippee, we can do it all again and have 5 pancakes each next week. Yum Yum
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:02 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
you've talked about pancakes that much that I have cracked and had them tonight and I'm not bothered if it's the right day or not... .
Lol, I went and bought one of those shaker bottles pancake mix and promised the kids that we can have em tomorrow.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:20 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chick Flick
Walking around ASDA yesterday and the lady comes over the tannoy with it's pancake day today get 2 packets of Aunt Bessies for the price of 1, so I rang OH who works in an office full of women ( I never know any dates) and they all confirm yesterday as pancake day. So off I go and buy the 2 for 1 ( my excuse I don't have time to cook) I buy cornish vanilla ice cream. fresh cream, golden syrup, and strawberrys. After dinner we have 3 pancakes and loads of the above on top. 8 pancakes in a packet, so we have 10 left. After reading this thread I now think yippee, we can do it all again and have 5 pancakes each next week. Yum Yum
Lol well you've celebrated a week early and it sounds like so has an office full of women! Still you get to do it twice eh - here you go here's a link you can show them:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...etuesday.shtml
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:24 pm
Enjoy it while you can

Chick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really niceChick Flick is just really nice

Originally Posted by Clippies
Lol well you've celebrated a week early and it sounds like so has an office full of women! Still you get to do it twice eh - here you go here's a link you can show them:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...etuesday.shtml

Cheers for that, I will pass it on to half the NHS who thought it was yesterday, LOL who says we are overworked !!!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 11:25 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chick Flick
Cheers for that, I will pass it on to half the NHS who thought it was yesterday, LOL who says we are overworked !!!!
Lol, ah well can't do any harm - I can't believe Asda didn't know!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:13 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

T'was a cunning plan by Asda to get rid of last years stock they found hidden at back of warehouse!!!! :scared:
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

ok then, WHY do we have pancakes on shrove tuesday then
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by debbiemc
It tells you in the link I posted earlier, something to do with lent I think. I have pancakes on shrove tuesday because it's an excuse to eat pancakes
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:10 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debbiemc
Its the day before lent, and custom was to eat up all left overs eggs, milk flour etc the night before.

So next wednesday we starve for 40 days
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
the crappy calendar i have doesnt have shrove tuesday marked on it.....and somerfield were selling pancakes, syrup etc yesterday.....oh god, i cant make pancakes for the life of me!!!

but if anyone else is having one, i'll have maple syrup and icecream on mine please!
IT'S PANCAKE DAY TODAY
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:08 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
IT'S PANCAKE DAY TODAY
YAY, I heard on the radio that today is also known as Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday!!! Today is the day we feast and tomorrow is the day we give everything up
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by ub40fan
YAY, I heard on the radio that today is also known as Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday!!! Today is the day we feast and tomorrow is the day we give everything up
are you giving anything up??
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:30 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
are you giving anything up??
Unfortunately yes

I need to get fit for this race for life malarkey so I need to give up lots of stuff I will start with chocolate, cakes and pastries, and alcohol

I have meds in about 6 weeks so it can only be a good thing, can't it

How about you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.