Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Packing Boxes - Advice Sought

Wikiposts

Packing Boxes - Advice Sought

Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packing Boxes - Advice Sought

Originally Posted by Mick-12
Does anyone know where you can get the gel sachets from?

Georgina
Hi, I have just bought some online at www.aid-pack.co.uk

I registered as a new company user using my current employer company details and as a new client they will call me to settle the bill prior to next day delivery and will just use my personal credit or debit card.

bought 5g size satchets (100 of them) for £12.33 + VAT plus £8.95 delivery (£25.01 total).

Paula
Old Oct 10th 2006, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Georgina
You can buy them on ebay. That's where we bought ours. Only cost like £5 for 250 of the small ones. There's a lot of variety on there so that's the best place.
Good luck!
Tracy
Old Oct 10th 2006, 1:20 am
Ocean Reef

Location: Landed in Perth July'06 & now freezing in Melbourne! Brisbane Bound soon and lovin it everyday!
luchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud ofluchi has much to be proud of

Hey george

howz it all going...we bought the sachets on line, I think they were about £5 for about 50, but not sure...well worth it! have a look on google and should get some ...delivery by post...so nice and easy! when r u travelling?

Georgina
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luchi
Hey george

howz it all going...we bought the sachets on line, I think they were about £5 for about 50, but not sure...well worth it! have a look on google and should get some ...delivery by post...so nice and easy! when r u travelling?
what are these gel sachets then???
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Packing Boxes - Advice Sought

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
what are these gel sachets then???
You know when you buy a pair of shoes - generally in the box is a couple of small paper satchets with Silica Gel - Do Not Eat printed on them.

This stuff sucks up any moisture etc to prevent damage to shoes/leather and mold forming etc.

Little sister works at warehouse in Norway where she opens large containers of imported goods from China etc and finds lots of them in these - one box came through without them and the jeans where stinking / mouldy and had to be destroyed as not fit for anything.

I have also over the years when ordered shoes from catalogue always picked two sizes (awkward feet!) and send one pair (or both if crap) back - but I always snaffle the satchets and keep them in the blanket box at the bottom of the bed to keep the bedding damp free.

Fabulous stuff! Deffo recommend you put some in your boxes if shipping stuff over.

Paula
Old Oct 10th 2006, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Downies
You know when you buy a pair of shoes - generally in the box is a couple of small paper satchets with Silica Gel - Do Not Eat printed on them.

This stuff sucks up any moisture etc to prevent damage to shoes/leather and mold forming etc.

Little sister works at warehouse in Norway where she opens large containers of imported goods from China etc and finds lots of them in these - one box came through without them and the jeans where stinking / mouldy and had to be destroyed as not fit for anything.

I have also over the years when ordered shoes from catalogue always picked two sizes (awkward feet!) and send one pair (or both if crap) back - but I always snaffle the satchets and keep them in the blanket box at the bottom of the bed to keep the bedding damp free.

Fabulous stuff! Deffo recommend you put some in your boxes if shipping stuff over.

Paula
Oh I will thanks Paula, good tip!! K sent x