Wikiposts

The Pacific

Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:45 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Pacific

Anyone else watching this amazing series? I've just watched episode 5 and think it's brilliant.

Peleliu was the probably the only ground offensive that the US came close to losing.

Banzai!

Last edited by Amazulu; Apr 14th 2010 at 5:04 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Pacific

Yes it's about the best thing I have seen since Band of Brothers.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:15 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Anyone else watching this amazing series? I've just watched episode 5 and think it's brilliant.

Peleliu was the probably the only ground offensive that the US came close to losing.

Banzai!
I used to work with someone who's restored WWII Jeep was used during the filming.....and that's all I godda say aboud dat!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:18 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I used to work with someone who's restored WWII Jeep was used during the filming.....and that's all I godda say aboud dat!
Yes it was fimed here - mainly in Quuensland although episode 3 was shot in Melbourne and covers the 1st Marine Division's stay there for most of 1943.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:24 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was fimed here - mainly in Quuensland although episode 3 was shot in Melbourne and covers the 1st Marine Division's stay there for most of 1943.
I don't like to talk about the war....
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:31 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I don't like to talk about the war....
Then don't....
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:42 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Then don't....
I'm not going to...
Old May 5th 2010, 9:38 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

OOOOOOOO crap, I just checked out our Mystar Planner to find that last nights 'The Pacific' didn't record due to a clash, the OH is coming home from exercise tomorrow and will want to watch it, OOPSIES! As a result of this I'll get my ass kicked for messing up, is it repeated anytime or if not, can it be watched again online?! Please help prevent me from getting my ass kicked lol lol
Old May 5th 2010, 10:07 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
OOOOOOOO crap, I just checked out our Mystar Planner to find that last nights 'The Pacific' didn't record due to a clash, the OH is coming home from exercise tomorrow and will want to watch it, OOPSIES! As a result of this I'll get my ass kicked for messing up, is it repeated anytime or if not, can it be watched again online?! Please help prevent me from getting my ass kicked lol lol
www.eztv.it

It is available for download if you can get that set up.
Old May 5th 2010, 10:13 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
www.eztv.it

It is available for download if you can get that set up.
Thanks chick, was hoping 7 would repeat it b4 the next one, then I remembered I live in Australia now and nothings that simple in this country lol
Old May 5th 2010, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

They repeat it on Sundays which is handy for me as I have training on Wednesday nights, if that's good for you to at least get it. I missed the Melbourne-based locations, mores the pity. Good show. The type is the best ever shot..but it looked at times like they had practically spliced in shots from Pte Ryan.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:04 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
They repeat it on Sundays which is handy for me as I have training on Wednesday nights, if that's good for you to at least get it. I missed the Melbourne-based locations, mores the pity. Good show. The type is the best ever shot..but it looked at times like they had practically spliced in shots from Pte Ryan.
OOOOOO THANKU, On which channel and at what time, I'm looking now and can't find it!
Old May 6th 2010, 11:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I missed the Melbourne-based locations, mores the pity. Good show. The type is the best ever shot.
Bittorrent is your friend.
Old May 6th 2010, 11:48 am
ABCDiamond

OOOOOO THANKU, On which channel and at what time, I'm looking now and can't find it!
Maybe it is only on in Melbourne on Sunday ?
I can't see it here in Brisbane.

I deleted my copy last night, after I watched it.

Old May 6th 2010, 11:28 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Its not a patch on Band of Brothers IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.