Wikiposts

OZ Vs UK

Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ Vs UK

You feeling a bit crook my Lord? Normally you have a better topic idea!

I think given my current status that Oz knocks the spots off the UK.

UK would be OK, for a few months in spring (outside the wet season ) if I could land a large rural property somewhere not too developed a few hours from London and the means to afford it.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
You feeling a bit crook my Lord? Normally you have a better topic idea!

I think given my current status that Oz knocks the spots off the UK.

UK would be OK, for a few months in spring (outside the wet season ) if I could land a large rural property somewhere not too developed a few hours from London and the means to afford it.

Its simple... all you have to do is pick the right six numbers in the lottery... how hard can that be.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:41 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

forthe first 10 or 12 years I too would have said Australia.

Now, after 20 years here. UK without a doubt.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

If I had no children and pots of money, I'd be living in the city, close to theatres, orchestra's, art galleries, restaurants, clubs etc

As I haven't got stacks of money and my pots are very small and three children, I live out in the sticks where I can do the same things without spending so much.

It's not about which country i'd live in... that's just co-incidental. Money - any city, either country. Children, no money, countryside... either country.

The country doesn't define my life. I do that.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Its simple... all you have to do is pick the right six numbers in the lottery... how hard can that be.
I haven't managed it yet! I see where IPom is coming from, but Australia has a certain aspect about it that I don't see in many other candidates so for me it is country specific.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I haven't managed it yet! I see where IPom is coming from, but Australia has a certain aspect about it that I don't see in many other candidates so for me it is country specific.
It's country specific for me too Badge, but I removed the reasons we came here and just looked at the two things side by side.
If I look at the things that bought us here, such as family, then there'd be no question of what was better for us all.