Wikiposts

OZ Vs UK

Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:49 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Re: OZ Vs UK

Originally Posted by renth
Australia, by miles.
Ditto!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:55 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CasG
You have to be there a week
And your CO will inform when she is nearly ready to grant visa...and will say you can book flights etc - you have to send all details of flight and hotel etc ...then go...once there you need to make sure you have internet access...as they email when you can go to Consulate to get Visa.

You can go anywhere...as long as you get off Aus soil.
Just the info we needed, much obliged and wish you well with citizenship

what's happened to your avatar?.. from memory it was different, or am I losing the plot... please don't send the white coat brigade

I wander where most expats go offshore in our situation? We're not going back to the UK [in 2 years time] to get the visa.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:58 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The OH
Just the info we needed, much obliged and wish you well with citizenship

what's happened to your avatar?.. from memory it was different, or am I losing the plot... please don't send the white coat brigade

I wander where most expats go offshore in our situation? We're not going back to the UK [in 2 years time] to get the visa.
Most people go to NZ as cheap ...I didn't realise how crap Auckland was ...wished I'd gone to Christchurch ...or Fiji.
My partner has gone away and taken my laptop ...with all my pics on ....did this one for a laugh...then realised can't change it back until he returns
Old Jan 20th 2007, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Home is where the heart is

so it is the UK for me.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 1:12 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Most people go to NZ as cheap ...I didn't realise how crap Auckland was ...wished I'd gone to Christchurch ...or Fiji.
My partner has gone away and taken my laptop ...with all my pics on ....did this one for a laugh...then realised can't change it back until he returns
Yes fancy Fiji, but like you say most people go to NZ cause its cheap, looks like its a trip to the travel agent, it will be 4 of us so just hope we can get a good deal a month before our CO tells us to book.

With my wife and 2 daughters it could be an expensive shop till they drop

thanks again

Old Jan 20th 2007, 1:20 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The OH
Yes fancy Fiji, but like you say most people go to NZ cause its cheap, looks like its a trip to the travel agent, it will be 4 of us so just hope we can get a good deal a month before our CO tells us to book.

With my wife and 2 daughters it could be an expensive shop till they drop

thanks again

You're welcome...if you want any other info...then PM me
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:16 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

We did the Auckland thing mid December... For the second time as well because we were out here on a Tourist Visa initially so had to get offshore in September when we applied for the Business Visa... Auckland's not great at all... We too wanted to try the South Island second time around but apparently there are no Aussie Consulates where you can get the Visa label put in on the South Island...
Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:47 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elmtree
Failsworth.

You ?
Used to live in Newton Heath 12 years ago... down near the Railway Pub
Old Jan 20th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Used to live in Newton Heath 12 years ago... down near the Railway Pub

It's all gone to the dogs around here, mate.

N.H is as rough as a badger's arse, and F'worth is going that way, too.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 7:48 am
Account Closed

It's all gone to the dogs around here, mate.

N.H is as rough as a badger's arse, and F'worth is going that way, too.
NH was dodgy when I left 12 years ago.. but I still have family there so I know what its like..
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

NH was dodgy when I left 12 years ago.. but I still have family there so I know what its like..

Where are you now ?

Like it ?
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:15 am
Account Closed

Where are you now ?

Like it ?

I'm about 100k South of Sydney. We are coming home again within a couple of years. Its not proved to be to our liking, numbingly dull, and we wish we had stayed in South Gloucs, where we moved to from Manchester.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm about 100k South of Sydney. We are coming home again within a couple of years. Its not proved to be to our liking, numbingly dull, and we wish we had stayed in South Gloucs, where we moved to from Manchester.

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. Will you head back to Gloucs then ?

Is it too rural where you are ?
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. Will you head back to Gloucs then ?

Is it too rural where you are ?
Probably back to somewhere in the North West this time...

Its not that rural here, just not much happening. Seen pretty much everywhere within a two hour drive in every direction.
If you are happy with a beach then you have it made here. Personally the beach isn't for me.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Probably back to somewhere in the North West this time...

Its not that rural here, just not much happening. Seen pretty much everywhere within a two hour drive in every direction.
If you are happy with a beach then you have it made here. Personally the beach isn't for me.

The North West has changed a hell of a lot in the last 12 years !

We're hoping to get over to Perth and, from what we saw on our recce last year, there is plenty to do ( as well as the beach ). I know it's not to everyone's taste; I just hope it is to ours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.