Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Oz TV Programming. If You Had The Choice?

Wikiposts

Oz TV Programming. If You Had The Choice?

Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:57 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Question Oz TV Programming. If You Had The Choice?

Hi,
We all know the tv programming in Oz is Cr*p to say the least.
If you had the choice to watch anything from any UK TV Channels, what would it be?
Maybe something off Sky, or terrestrial tv, a series or film?
Just being curious here.
Cheers,
Paul
Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:59 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Oz TV Programming. If You Had The Choice?

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
Hi,
If you had the choice to watch anything from any UK TV Channels, what would it be?
Just being curious here.
Cheers,
Paul
I'd go for anything with UK comedy and drama. Cracking good stuff, that - especially from the Beeb.

I'd avoid anything American. Too much of that junk on the telly as it is.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz TV Programming. If You Had The Choice?

Hi,
Just being curious here.
Cheers,
Paul

Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, really miss that one.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:15 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

UK Comedy casualty holby city all the saturday nite crap lol and the kids miss Sat mornin telly too
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
UK Comedy casualty holby city all the saturday nite crap lol and the kids miss Sat mornin telly too
Saturday night tv in the UK was the worst of the week
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by fraser
Saturday night tv in the UK was the worst of the week
lol me and the kids used to like all the games show crap
sit in our pj's eatin curry and watchin Ant and Dec
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:28 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

lol me and the kids used to like all the games show crap
sit in our pj's eatin curry and watchin Ant and Dec
Ant & Dec there's someone that I wouldn't like to miss.................

with a shotgun
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:22 am
ABCDiamond

Hi,
You do get used to it after a short while.

Here's a TV guide if anyone wants to see what's on.. http://www.yourtv.com.au/

However, Channel 7's clock is always wrong. eg: The 7pm program that should finish at 7:30, actually starts at about 7:07 and finishes at about 7:37. With everything following on with the same time difference.

And I have heard that it is done on purpose !

Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:05 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, really miss that one.
Rachel,

you don't have to miss it. When the series is on we download it off www.uknova.com and watch it the day after it's broadcast in the UK.

We watch Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Have I Got News for You this way too.

I'm just about to download the second series of Doc Martin to watch this weekend.

You need broadband and a compatible DVD player (ours is a Zensonic and cost $114 dollars!!)
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by renth
Rachel,

you don't have to miss it. When the series is on we download it off www.uknova.com and watch it the day after it's broadcast in the UK.

I'm just about to download the second series of Doc Martin to watch this weekend.

You need broadband and a compatible DVD player (ours is a Zensonic and cost $114 dollars!!)
how the hell do u use that UK Nova I downloaded stuff once b4 and it didnt work :s prolly me mind u lol
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:30 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

how the hell do u use that UK Nova I downloaded stuff once b4 and it didnt work :s prolly me mind u lol
UKnova hosts the torrent files, you need a bittorrent client. I reccomend Azureus to run the bittorrent file which then grabs the show from the internet for you.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:42 pm

UKnova hosts the torrent files, you need a bittorrent client. I reccomend Azureus to run the bittorrent file which then grabs the show from the internet for you.

and where might I find that then lol
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:06 pm
(It's not my real name)

and where might I find that then lol
Azureus? - here: http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:35 pm

ty
Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:07 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel,

OK, would love to watch Have I Got News for You, They Think it's All Over & Room 101 (if it's still on), so how do I know if my DVD player is compatible or not?

Actually, Im completely confused with the bittorrent part as well , I might get Dagboy to look at it .

Some of the things we used to love watching like Graham Norton are on Foxtel over here, so not so bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.