Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

outlander - Prado - Pajero

Wikiposts

outlander - Prado - Pajero

Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: outlander - Prado - Pajero

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
Maybe I should mention that I have a max of $30k to spend on a vehicle, obviously looking at second hand, few years old.

Just had a look at Carpoint and found this little peach.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/...d/2356364.aspx

Top of the range outlander, couple of years old $28,990

Bargain
Well it wont have 7 seats. If that isn't too big a problem, you can get a brand new x trail st for 29990 an the road.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:42 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Well it wont have 7 seats. If that isn't too big a problem, you can get a brand new x trail st for 29990 an the road.
Maybe a trailer for 2 of the kids then eh? ;-)
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:47 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by rodders39
That'll knock out the Disco3 and a few other possibles... like the diesel 100 series... If you don't want the big 4x4's then it'll be a fairly old Prado or Pajero... The old Prado diesel is a bit of a dog, don't know much about the Pajero except it's recently been updated... Personally I wouldn't consider any of the AWD's on Fraser, as Renth said...
We won't be doing much else on Fraser except following the well beaten track along the beach. I have seen hundreds of rav4's and xtrails et al do it easily so that is not a problem.

I do have a mate who works on the Briz31 4wD show who claims that Fraser has beaten many a 100 series and Prado's actually go where they can't...Food for thought.

BTW you can pick up a 4-5 yr old Prado VX/GXL average mileage for way less than $30k
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:35 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

I do have a mate who works on the Briz31 4wD show who claims that Fraser has beaten many a 100 series and Prado's actually go where they can't...Food for thought.
He and I would have to agree to disagree...!

BTW you can pick up a 4-5 yr old Prado VX/GXL average mileage for way less than $30k
The petrol version with the 4 litre is a really good option if you can live with the fuel consumption... And the 180 litre tanks help with that... Personally I love the Prado's, had one of the first ones in the UK in '97, think we called it a Colorado... Still one of the best 4x4's I've had... At the moment though the bigger 100 series suits me well...
Old Feb 11th 2007, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

We have looked at the prado too, but what about duel fuel?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

have you considered lease hire ? all your fuel service and payments taken out pretax pretty good if you can do it
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:59 pm
Banned

I went and had a look at a Mitsi Outlander VR-X this morning and am smitten. It has a 3 Litre V6 and all the options you could want or need.
I think I am in love.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:49 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I should mention that I have a max of $30k to spend on a vehicle, obviously looking at second hand, few years old.

Just had a look at Carpoint and found this little peach.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/...d/2356364.aspx

Top of the range outlander, couple of years old $28,990

Bargain
We had an Outlander, and thought it was great - however it has a relatively small boot, and only seats 5 - therefore does not do what you want it do do (7/8 people)
Steve
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by stevemich
We had an Outlander, and thought it was great - however it has a relatively small boot, and only seats 5 - therefore does not do what you want it do do (7/8 people)
Steve
The one I looked at had a third row of seats which makes it a seven seater.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/...jsp?groupId=22

Says so on the mitsubishi site too.

Did you have the VRX as this is the model I fancy. (Mid life crisis and all that)
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:01 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

The one I looked at had a third row of seats which makes it a seven seater.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/...jsp?groupId=22

Says so on the mitsubishi site too.

Did you have the VRX as this is the model I fancy. (Mid life crisis and all that)
Couldn't get your link to work, but we had the old shape that has just been discontinued, so the new one may have the extra seats - but if it is much the same length as the last one, then the boot would be none existant with the other seats up!
Hope it all goes well - I had to give mine up for a Zafira!!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:46 pm
Banned

Having been convinced that the Outlander was the car for me I have been busily reading reviews on the Prado and have changed my mind 3 times tonight.

Prado...Outlander..Prado...Outlander..

They both have their pro's and con's but I just cant choose.

This is giving me a headache.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:50 pm
Full Throttle

Having been convinced that the Outlander was the car for me I have been busily reading reviews on the Prado and have changed my mind 3 times tonight.

Prado...Outlander..Prado...Outlander..

They both have their pro's and con's but I just cant choose.

This is giving me a headache.
Prado always does well on the reviews, and the Outlander is more like the Rav 4 (glorified estate car) in comparison. If you want 4x4 - Prado. If you want more sedan like comfort - Outlander.
I wish I had the choice!!
Make your mind up, and enjoy driving it!
steve