On our way!!!!

Old Apr 23rd 2014, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

PeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to behold
Default On our way!!!!

Finally we don't have to post in the immigration thread!!!!Movers are here today and we fly to Sydney on the 29th to start our new lives!!!!!

When we arrive we are renting a mobile home and travelling from Sydney to Cairns and back again for 2 months whilst our belongings sail across the globe!!!

Our question is can any of you wonderful people tell us of "must see" places on our road trip and their rough location i.e just south of Brisbane etc to help us to plan our route.

We appreciate that everyones views differ but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#looking forward to landing!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On our way!!!!

Many congrats on making the move. There are various threads on the subject if you search. Having lived in Sydney for 5 years, I haven't actually done any road trips. I hear Coff's Harbour and surrounds are nice (northern NSW) I have been to the Hunter Valley- nice wines and olives- it is north of Sydney and inland a bit, but as you are making a leisurely trip a detour is not too much of a hardship. You have to go up the F1 as it is, but turn left before Newcastle.

Sorry my directions are a bit vague!!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Hunter as Caroline said, Port Stephens, Seal Rocks, Byron, .......... there's tonnes of places. Even head inland and see places like Barrington Tops.

But do me a favour. Please avoid the temptation to park the beast in the Bondi Beach carpark. 2 decided to do that on Friday and blocked the whole strip.

Last edited by Beoz; Apr 23rd 2014 at 10:22 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeachArchers
Finally we don't have to post in the immigration thread!!!!Movers are here today and we fly to Sydney on the 29th to start our new lives!!!!!

When we arrive we are renting a mobile home and travelling from Sydney to Cairns and back again for 2 months whilst our belongings sail across the globe!!!

Our question is can any of you wonderful people tell us of "must see" places on our road trip and their rough location i.e just south of Brisbane etc to help us to plan our route.

We appreciate that everyones views differ but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#looking forward to landing!!!!
How fabulous to do that journey On your way up visit Springbrook National Park in the hinterland of the Gold Coast and visit Natural Bridge/Arch whilst there

http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/sp...ook/about.html

Also Mount Tamborine (again in the hinterland of the Gold Coast) visit the waterfalls and rainforest walks http://www.visitgoldcoast.com/places.../mt-tamborine/

Last edited by curly; Apr 23rd 2014 at 10:03 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice

I posted a similar question a while back,had some nice suggestions have a look on my post history
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

I would, as others have suggested, travel north along the coast until you reach Cairns. However, on the return journey I'd travel back down the coast to Brisbane then turn inland to the New England Highway and travel south through Tenterfield, Glen Innes, I love it around there,to Tamworth where it turns towards the coast. When you reach the coast drive down the Old Pacific Highway back to Sydney - that's a much nicer drive than the M1.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 11:48 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Fraser Island 3.5hrs north of Brisbane...in particular lake Mckenzie - greatest place on earth
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

PeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to beholdPeachArchers is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Fraser Island 3.5hrs north of Brisbane...in particular lake Mckenzie - greatest place on earth
Cheers Samnrob, added to our list.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Wow thanks everyone, looks like we're gonna need more than 2 months!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice

i like mount tamborine, nice walks around there
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 9:32 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Hunter valley wineries tour
Port Stephens dolphin trip and sandboarding
Fraser Island
Great Barrier Reef
Old Apr 24th 2014, 12:05 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Jenolan caves
Katoomba
Old Apr 28th 2014, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, the great barrier reef is top of my list, can't wait to dive there!!!Are the Jenolan caves in Katoomba or is that two separate places? Excuse my ignorance as I've never done anything like this before!!!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

As you will be on your way any minute, can I say WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA!
Old Apr 29th 2014, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
As you will be on your way any minute, can I say WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA!
Thanks Caroline we'll be in Sydney Thursday morning!!!!Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.