Our pup Willo !

Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Our pup Willo !

What a morning so far ! We have 2 boxers, Angel our oldest is a year old & our little one Willo is 4 months & Angels little sister from a later litter. We became Willos owners when her previous ones were going to have her put down at 7 weeks old ! They said she had become lame overnight & didnt want her anymore. Hayleigh the breeder said no way & went straight over there and took Willo back home with her. Her vet thought she might have a muscle condition that she would most likley grow out of.
Anyway she came home with us and settled in really quickly. As her leg was getting no better and she couldent bend both of her back legs i took her to our vet for some more xrays. These showed she had had some trauma to her spine and her hip was dislocated. The poor little thing was obviously been mistreated by the previous owners who BTW had kept her locked in a cupboard Apart from amputation of both legs ( which for a boxer would just not be fair ) they said they could do nothing for her and advised the only thing we could do was have her put to sleep, and as soon as possible to make it easier before we came even more attached than we already had ! This all happend about a month ago as we kept putting the inevitable off. She was booked in the vets this morning and we all had an awful time saying goodbye to her as John took her there. He left her there came home, and said her little tail didnt stop wagging.
About an hour later the vet rang to say that a surgeon who was at the vets this morning looked at her and the xrays and asked us if it would be ok for him to try a new surgical procedure on her , this involves cutting both her muscles in her back legs and twisting her legs. He thinks as she is so young and her bones are so supple it may just work ! You can imagine we are all over the moon !!! We have no idea if this will work and it will be about 2 weeks before we know. Please keep your fingers crossed for her, she is such a gorgeous little thing and we love her to bits !

Nicky
Attached Thumbnails Our pup Willo !-imgp1340.jpg   Our pup Willo !-imgp1365.jpg  
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our pup Willo !

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
What a morning so far ! We have 2 boxers, Angel our oldest is a year old & our little one Willo is 4 months & Angels little sister from a later litter. We became Willos owners when her previous ones were going to have her put down at 7 weeks old ! They said she had become lame overnight & didnt want her anymore. Hayleigh the breeder said no way & went straight over there and took Willo back home with her. Her vet thought she might have a muscle condition that she would most likley grow out of.
Anyway she came home with us and settled in really quickly. As her leg was getting no better and she couldent bend both of her back legs i took her to our vet for some more xrays. These showed she had had some trauma to her spine and her hip was dislocated. The poor little thing was obviously been mistreated by the previous owners who BTW had kept her locked in a cupboard Apart from amputation of both legs ( which for a boxer would just not be fair ) they said they could do nothing for her and advised the only thing we could do was have her put to sleep, and as soon as possible to make it easier before we came even more attached than we already had ! This all happend about a month ago as we kept putting the inevitable off. She was booked in the vets this morning and we all had an awful time saying goodbye to her as John took her there. He left her there came home, and said her little tail didnt stop wagging.
About an hour later the vet rang to say that a surgeon who was at the vets this morning looked at her and the xrays and asked us if it would be ok for him to try a new surgical procedure on her , this involves cutting both her muscles in her back legs and twisting her legs. He thinks as she is so young and her bones are so supple it may just work ! You can imagine we are all over the moon !!! We have no idea if this will work and it will be about 2 weeks before we know. Please keep your fingers crossed for her, she is such a gorgeous little thing and we love her to bits !

Nicky
Aw, poor little thing. Lets hope the op works, will keep my fingers crossed.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:07 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Aww, what a lovely dog. I hope things do work out for you all. Finger crossed and good luck.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both ! she is a tough little thing and has been through a lot ! so we are very hopefull that one day she will be running along the beach with her big sister !

Nicky
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:51 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and i hope everything works out ok.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:34 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Awhh,Im chuffed to bits for you allIm so glad she's been given another chance.That surgeon deserves a beer!!

I felt really sad knowing what was supposed to happen this morning.My fingers & every other bit of me is well & trully crossed

Good Luck Willo x

Donna.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:36 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both ! she is a tough little thing and has been through a lot ! so we are very hopefull that one day she will be running along the beach with her big sister !

Nicky
I love her! She is absolutely beautiful! I really hope it all works to plan!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Well we have just been to the vets to see her after the operation. We gave her a little stroke but she was crying a lot with the pain. The surgeon said that the operation went better than he expected which is good news but still long way to go before she will be able to walk properly again. Her legs were all bandeged up and its the first time we have seen then bent back in the right position !
I would love to by the surgeon a beer ! he gave me a hug and shook Johns hand ! what a nice bloke We hope to bring her back tomorrow sometime.

Thanks again everyone

Nicky
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have just been to the vets to see her after the operation. We gave her a little stroke but she was crying a lot with the pain. The surgeon said that the operation went better than he expected which is good news but still long way to go before she will be able to walk properly again. Her legs were all bandeged up and its the first time we have seen then bent back in the right position !
I would love to by the surgeon a beer ! he gave me a hug and shook Johns hand ! what a nice bloke We hope to bring her back tomorrow sometime.

Thanks again everyone

Nicky
aww im glad it went well, sounds like the vet was pleased fingers crossed she recovers well x
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=nickyjohnt;5021230]Well we have just been to the vets to see her after the operation. We gave her a little stroke but she was crying a lot with the pain. The surgeon said that the operation went better than he expected which is good news but still long way to go before she will be able to walk properly again. Her legs were all bandeged up and its the first time we have seen then bent back in the right position !

Thanks again everyone

Nicky[/QUOT
Thats brilliant news, lets hope he is O.K. in a few weeks. Keep us informed on his progress. I'm sat here crying for a dog I dont even know!!!
Tracie
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

lelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of lightlelchelle is a glorious beacon of light

Aaah i,m so happy now !!! was awake half the night thinking about her.

Gosh you were lucky that surgeon was there this morning.

Speak to you later.

Give Willo a big hug from her Aunty & Uncle ....Jai is over the moon !!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:08 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

She is gorgeous!

I feel sick that she may have been mistreated. Can you report them?

Hope she makes a full recovery and has a happy life with you
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:17 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, Nicky, Im sitting here crying over the poor little mite...

Hope all turns out well for her, and you xx
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Got everything crossed for Willo Nicky
Musta been so hard taking the wee girl to the vets

Shes adaoreable

Good luck!!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kapri
She is gorgeous!

I feel sick that she may have been mistreated. Can you report them?

Hope she makes a full recovery and has a happy life with you

Thanks again everyone for your kind words !

Hayleigh the breeder has tried to ring the people about half a dozen times but they keep putting the phone down on her ! I am seeing her tomorrow so we will discuss this with her, they have other dogs and children ! I find it hard to imagine but when Hayleigh went to pick her up none of them, not even the kids said goodbye to her

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.