Wikiposts

Our New Home

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 1:52 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Our New Home

Originally Posted by wmoore
Just bought this new camper for our trip around Oz. It needs a bit of cosmetic work but it's basically sound. The previous owner is a mechanic so no worries there

It's fitted out with 12v and 240v circuits, a gas cooker, 3-way fridge, gas water boiler and a shower. I've just got a couple of solar panels for it too. Can't wait to get it on the road ......

Wow, what a great piece of kit!

A Mazda, eh? What year? Looks a bit late-80s-ish, but could be newer. Solar panels were a great idea! How much did they cost you?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:24 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our New Home

max & paddy's tour of australia
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:43 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

looking at your van (fab btw!) just reminded me of a young couple who moved out to aus a couple (?) of years ago who used to post regularly on here - they didnt like it (or was it they couldnt find jobs?), but decided to cash in and buy a campervan and tour aus before returning to the uk - cant for the life of me remember their usernames ..... pollyana might remember? (or anyone else posting for yeeeeeeaaars like some of us )

I wonder where they are/what they are doing/how they are finding life these days?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 2:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
drp in and see us on the way back mate. that way u can buy me that beer u owe me

love the pic. good luck
Will do. About a year from now eh?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 2:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Mate, thats the BIGGEST reason to worry!! I am married to a Mechanic....their vehicles are usually the worst on the road!!

It looks great, Wayne!!! Looking forward to seeing it parked out the front of my neighbours house when you come to visit....

Oh, btw...you said it was petrol, make sure you have some good back up tanks as you will find in alot of the remote areas, the only thing you can buy is diesel....I am sure you knew that already, but wanted to make sure.....

Will see ya in 2 weeks......
Don't worry, I have a map that shows all the petrol stations and even the nice lady inside the GPS receiver knows where they are. Don't know how because she doesn't seem to get out much ...... I reckon I can do about 700km without needing to fill up so we should be fine.

Will see you in 2 weeks. Don't forget my present
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Wow, what a great piece of kit!

A Mazda, eh? What year? Looks a bit late-80s-ish, but could be newer. Solar panels were a great idea! How much did they cost you?
It's a 1984 so you're not far out.

I just picked up a couple of low power ones at the mo - $30 from Super Cheap Auto and $40 from K-Mart They will produce a trickle charge but they work even in very low level light They'll give just enough to keep the lights going and the radio playing You can get a 40W one from SCA for $250 or a juicy one off the net for about $1700!
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
looking at your van (fab btw!) just reminded me of a young couple who moved out to aus a couple (?) of years ago who used to post regularly on here - they didnt like it (or was it they couldnt find jobs?), but decided to cash in and buy a campervan and tour aus before returning to the uk - cant for the life of me remember their usernames ..... pollyana might remember? (or anyone else posting for yeeeeeeaaars like some of us )

I wonder where they are/what they are doing/how they are finding life these days?
And you've never heard from them again :scared: :scared:

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 3:28 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, basically we're snaking through QLD, inland and up the coast to Cairns and Daintree, then back inland to Alice Springs and Uluru, north to Katherine, Kakadu and Darwin, then back down the west coast, along the south, taking in places like Kalgoorlie and Coober Pedy, through Melbourne and some outback Vic before snaking through NSW through Dubbo, Broken Hill, Newcastle, etc and back home.

No Sydney!

Have a fab trip, Wayne.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 6:35 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Will do. About a year from now eh?
that will give u time to save up for my beer
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 6:58 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Our New Home

Good luck mate that will be one long holiday. Sadly it now looks like we won't be in Melbourne by Easter next year as I got golden handcuffed to stay until April, but I hope we can meet up some time after that.

Enjoy!

Buzzy
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:50 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

And you've never heard from them again
Nice van, actually we'll have our house built by the time you get back - any chance of doing the tarmac for our drive, or if you have any power tools for sale

Have a good un, i did it years ago, bloody fantastic time. Good on yer !
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Geordie George
No Sydney!

Have a fab trip, Wayne.
Of course Sydney! I just didn't mention it because I thought it went without saying. Or typing.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by soapy
that will give u time to save up for my beer
You must be on the Corona then?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:58 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Good luck mate that will be one long holiday. Sadly it now looks like we won't be in Melbourne by Easter next year as I got golden handcuffed to stay until April, but I hope we can meet up some time after that.

Enjoy!

Buzzy
Bugger. Well except the golden bit anyway I'm sure it'll make Melbourne all the sweeter when you get there
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by wargod
Nice van, actually we'll have our house built by the time you get back - any chance of doing the tarmac for our drive, or if you have any power tools for sale

Have a good un, i did it years ago, bloody fantastic time. Good on yer !
I've got a few power tools I haven't used for some time ...... Make me an offer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.