Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Our house isn't going to be ready tomorrow.

Wikiposts

Our house isn't going to be ready tomorrow.

Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:08 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our house isn't going to be ready tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Yep, awaiting photos.
Hope it all goes to plan and good luck with the move.
J x
More pictures it is then, although I think there's one of every nail and brick already
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya fraser i have been facinated by your house build it just looks brill. What has been the hardest part of having your own house built?
Mandy
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:19 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Hiya fraser i have been facinated by your house build it just looks brill. What has been the hardest part of having your own house built?
Mandy
God you're opening a can of worms here :scared:
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:23 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Mandy
Mandy I wouldn't know where to start, it's been stressful.

It would be hell of a lot easier if we started again tomorrow, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Apart from the obvious conflicts, the hardest thing is probably picking out the whole house colours from brick to roof tiles, kitchen cabinets, silicone colour etc.

All from 2cm samples in the space of two hours, It's really easy now to look at the whole house and say we should have done this and that, maybe we'll sell it after a while and build it again somewhere else and know exactly what to put in it after having lived there
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:26 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser

It would be hell of a lot easier if we started again tomorrow, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Apart from the obvious conflicts, the hardest thing is probably picking out the whole house colours from brick to roof tiles, kitchen cabinets, silicone colour etc.

All from 2cm samples in the space of two hours, It's really easy now to look at the whole house and say we should have done this and that, maybe we'll sell it after a while and build it again somewhere else and know exactly what to put in it after having lived there
When all is finally finished and you are fully settles, get in touch and we'll bring some beers round. You deserve some
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
When all is finally finished and you are fully settles, get in touch and we'll bring some beers round. You deserve some
I will mate, and I've got a brand new slate pool table arriving next week
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the moving in Fraser - it'll be good to be in your own place at last! We're just starting to try and sell our uk house so we can look at buying here soon! Maybe I'll have to take a trip 'out west'!!
Ruth
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Pootle
Good luck with the moving in Fraser - it'll be good to be in your own place at last! We're just starting to try and sell our uk house so we can look at buying here soon! Maybe I'll have to take a trip 'out west'!!
Ruth
Thanks, and you're welcome mate
Old Jun 8th 2006, 11:12 am
Take it easy

So I've heard

One of the schools I went to in Mildura had a pool table in the staffroom....none of the teachers wanted to leave the staffroom
Old Jun 8th 2006, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fraser , i hope you will be very happy once you move in and get settled.
Mandy
Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:12 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck with the move. You'll be laughing at all the trauma in a couple of years - that's what happens although it's difficult to believe when you're in the middle of it!
Old Jun 8th 2006, 7:02 pm

Well we got the keys and have been round there.

They've finally put the fretwork in it was the wrong one

The shower still isn't sealed properly and whn I said I wouldn't be able to shower he shrugged his shoulders.

The tiles that were there two days ago that cost us $90 for a metre were stolen, I told him, he again shrugged his shoulders and said things go all the time.

Although he did say he'd replace them but they may not be an exact match.

We were also told last Friday that when we settle we should tell them when we want the appliances put in as there is no heating, hotwater, oven or hob,so we said wednesday when we move in. Of course when we got there he said that he'd booked it in for Friday and he doubted he could change it but would try.

So now it's the long weekend we 've phoned up head office and as yet they haven't returned our call.

So we have yet another long wait until Tuesday stressing again, the kids were crying this morning because they were cold until the heating kicked in.

Neither of us actually want to move in there.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice

Well we got the keys and have been round there.

Neither of us actually want to move in there.
it's such a shame you've got all these negative feelings about the house.
i hope once you're all moved in & comfy you'll be able to forget about the bad stuff & enjoy the house.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Aussiecat
it's such a shame you've got all these negative feelings about the house.
i hope once you're all moved in & comfy you'll be able to forget about the bad stuff & enjoy the house.
Just been round to put some stuff up e windows and placed our Sun England flag there
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:49 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Just been round to put some stuff up e windows and placed our Sun England flag there

Waiting for "Our bloody windows have been smashed" thread next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.