Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Our first Visitors from the UK...

Our first Visitors from the UK...

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:26 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our first Visitors from the UK...

Have so far:
  • contributed to our food kitty each week
  • cooked us meals
  • looked after our kids so me and the OH can go out
  • washed up far too often
  • hoovered our vast wooden floor in humid Queensland heat (deserves a medal in my book)
  • hung out my washing and taken it in again neatly folded..

and that is just a few things... hmmm... I am thinking of marrying them!

Em x
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our first Visitors from the UK...

Originally Posted by emelems
Have so far:
  • cooked us meals
  • hoovered our vast wooden floor in humid Queensland heat (deserves a medal in my book)

Em x
And there was me under the perhaps false impression from this site that all BE visitors were duty bound to be a bunch of sods. Glad to hear all that Ems.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:43 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Have so far:
  • cooked us meals

Em x
Sounds like they will need a holiday when they leave

I have got my two sisters and brother arriving a week Tuesday for a month. So far I have managed to get the use of a few friends houses - one near Mansfield one in Portsea and another down near Wilsons Prom (not sure about the first and last because of the bush fires)

One of my sisters and my brother are very lazy so don't expect much from them but the other one is usually pretty good and I know she can clean as she used to be my cleaner in the UK, lets hope she can also cook!

None of them have much money so this week I will stock up the cupboards and freezer. I am also going out to buy a picnic set so that when I make some salads and things for lunch, to take with us when we go out, we will have something to eat with- it will hopefully save me a fortune buying lunches everyday.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:47 am
Account Closed

They have a 19 month old son who is currently keeping the household in hysterics most days with his antics!

We keep trying to get them to do less but they won't have it... they are our best friends too (he was bestman at our wedding.. went to school with OH) and I have known them for 15 years... (since meeting OH)..

We took them to Emmundi (sp?) Markets on Wednesday and I fell in love with some wine glasses and the naughty pair nipped off and bought me 4... I reckon that they will be the 1st couple to ever make me cry when they leave (don't "do" tears on goodbyes/hellos normally) but they have been such fantastic company too!

Em x
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:54 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

They have a 19 month old son who is currently keeping the household in hysterics most days with his antics!

We keep trying to get them to do less but they won't have it... they are our best friends too (he was bestman at our wedding.. went to school with OH) and I have known them for 15 years... (since meeting OH)..

We took them to Emmundi (sp?) Markets on Wednesday and I fell in love with some wine glasses and the naughty pair nipped off and bought me 4... I reckon that they will be the 1st couple to ever make me cry when they leave (don't "do" tears on goodbyes/hellos normally) but they have been such fantastic company too!

Em x
Glad to hear that you are having a good time with them. We have always enjoyed our visitors but I think this time with 3 at once we may be crying when they leave but perhaps they will be tears of joy!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Glad to hear that you are having a good time with them. We have always enjoyed our visitors but I think this time with 3 at once we may be crying when they leave but perhaps they will be tears of joy!!!
haha! yeah... mine are only here for about 4 weeks but the next lot are family and are threatening 3 months and my parents are def coming for 3 months..

Em x
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 7:07 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
And there was me under the perhaps false impression from this site that all BE visitors were duty bound to be a bunch of sods. Glad to hear all that Ems.
It's certainly not the usual "just had visitors" fayre. Good to see a positive tale once in a while though
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wmoore
It's certainly not the usual "just had visitors" fayre. Good to see a positive tale once in a while though
Yeah, thats why I thought I'd share..! I am also petrifed that with this good start, everyone else is going to look really shabby! haha!

Em x
Old Feb 24th 2009, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

I have just said goodbye to my 7th visitor in 12 months!!

I need a lie down....