British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   on our Adventure (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/our-adventure-638651/)

JCSUPERMOTO Nov 2nd 2009 11:46 am

on our Adventure

On our way to Heathrow this afternoon:thumbsup:

We will post when we can our findings:D

Cheers for all the help guys n gals,cos without the info off you peeps,there is no way we would of been able to get all the info we needed:thumbup:

Thanks jase,bec,callum n james

Heading for Berwick for our 3 week rental

Kingseat Nov 2nd 2009 11:47 am

Re: on our Adventure

safe travels :thumbup:

Damson Nov 2nd 2009 1:38 pm

Have a good flight :thumbsup:

nbn8 Nov 2nd 2009 4:36 pm

Have a good flight and all of the best for your first few weeks and I look foward to reading your update.

Jen1977ni Nov 2nd 2009 4:38 pm

WOO HOO CAN'T WAIT TIL WE'RE SAYING THAT TOO!!! Good luck Mr JC/Mrs JC and little JC's! woo hoo! :thumbsup:

JCSUPERMOTO Nov 2nd 2009 6:11 pm

It was dog poo saying goodbye to family n friends !
It was the pits,were only human after all!!
I'm gonna look after my family and make the move as stressless n fun as I can

throw a steak on da barbie!

Janna and Nick Nov 4th 2009 12:12 pm

Looking forward to the updates! Enjoy this time, I'm sure it will fly by and you'll be settled very quickly. All the excitment! Can't wait for our turn.... roll on May.

:)

shears Nov 4th 2009 12:31 pm

You must be here by now?!! Hope the trip went well and best of luck for the future :cool: :thumbup:

JCSUPERMOTO Nov 4th 2009 4:20 pm

Bejesus were here!!:thumbsup:

Singapore airlines were awesome,especially the airbus A380!!
Singapore termina; was big n clean,food was ace too.
The 2nd leg was cool but last 4 hrs dragged on a tad but the gang never moaned and just carried on watching movies and the like:D
Landed at 10am with no bag/custom issues at all,infact with landing and in hire car it must of took 45 mins max.

We picked out xtrail up from thrifty no problem and found our lovely place in berwick countryside,with maps n nipping into fountain gate shopping centre(wife was laughing cos thats where kath n kim go:rofl:)
Got there about 2ish and then jumped back in motor and walked around mal and got our virgin mobiles pre paid cards (need to unlock 1 phone? any ideas where?) and got a tom tom sat nav!
We got back and all stayed awake till 8pm and all zonked out until me and eldest woke at 4pm,so good night sleep(prob get a hour or so later) and wifey and youngest still counting sheep!

Gonna chillax today and nip to Mordialloc areas and see the sea:thumbsup: and then on way back register bank accounts at westpac and get nip into a medicare shop in the mal and register?!

So apart from the shock of living in the hills with beautiful scenery and wildlife(yet to see any cos of the time) my eldest is walking round like some monster is gonna jump on him(neds brain training) oh and wife wants to geta foot in some estate agents doors so she can get her modern home(not too far from beach ideally)

Will keep ya posted,im off to try n get some bloody heat into the place :rofl:

jase

Ps todays my B'day :-)

Jen1977ni Nov 4th 2009 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO (Post 8070884)
Bejesus were here!!:thumbsup:

Singapore airlines were awesome,especially the airbus A380!!
Singapore termina; was big n clean,food was ace too.
The 2nd leg was cool but last 4 hrs dragged on a tad but the gang never moaned and just carried on watching movies and the like:D
Landed at 10am with no bag/custom issues at all,infact with landing and in hire car it must of took 45 mins max.

We picked out xtrail up from thrifty no problem and found our lovely place in berwick countryside,with maps n nipping into fountain gate shopping centre(wife was laughing cos thats where kath n kim go:rofl:)
Got there about 2ish and then jumped back in motor and walked around mal and got our virgin mobiles pre paid cards (need to unlock 1 phone? any ideas where?) and got a tom tom sat nav!
We got back and all stayed awake till 8pm and all zonked out until me and eldest woke at 4pm,so good night sleep(prob get a hour or so later) and wifey and youngest still counting sheep!

Gonna chillax today and nip to Mordialloc areas and see the sea:thumbsup: and then on way back register bank accounts at westpac and get nip into a medicare shop in the mal and register?!

So apart from the shock of living in the hills with beautiful scenery and wildlife(yet to see any cos of the time) my eldest is walking round like some monster is gonna jump on him(neds brain training) oh and wife wants to geta foot in some estate agents doors so she can get her modern home(not too far from beach ideally)

Will keep ya posted,im off to try n get some bloody heat into the place :rofl:

jase

Ps todays my B'day :-)

WOO HOO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR! :cake: Glad u arrived safe and well! :thumbsup: Can't wait til it's us! WOO HOO (again!)

Dougie Nov 4th 2009 9:06 pm

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...beersparky.gif

Jase, made up you and yours got there OK

Wish you all the luck in the world and make sure you keep this thread going and everyone up to date.

Take it easy

Dougie

Janna and Nick Nov 5th 2009 4:45 pm

Ah mate, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! Keep the posts coming!

:cake:

JCSUPERMOTO Nov 5th 2009 5:35 pm

Cheers dudes,thanks a lot:thumbup:
Thirty bloody 7 hey!!!
Did the bank thing yesterday with Westpac and wifey n kids all opened account and staff were really helpfull:thumbsup:
I have a habit of whoever i speak to,i ask "another" question to try and gain a bit more info about areas/schools/houses etc etc.

Did a bit of shopping in coles,n wifey wasnt a fan but loves :owoolies is it?

Gonna get to post office today to pay for using the toll roads or get fined!
Brought some ribeye steaks for tea last night,and fell asleep about 9pm,knackered!

Gonna nip and see a school in Berwick today,but have a feel the commute will be a pain in the arse for wifey to get too city,but the town is lovely!

Will maybe have a gander a bit further up north and a tad closer to the beach(berwick about 25 mins).#
Seen some lovely houses on great new complexes,but a few are not close to ameanaties *sp!

Done loads in the 1 n half days been here,so maybe just slow down today and just do a couple of things:fingerscrossed::thumbup:

Geelong Gent Nov 5th 2009 9:58 pm

Happy birthday and welcome to Melbourne.:thumbsup:

ronnie98 Nov 6th 2009 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO (Post 8064291)
On our way to Heathrow this afternoon:thumbsup:

We will post when we can our findings:D

Cheers for all the help guys n gals,cos without the info off you peeps,there is no way we would of been able to get all the info we needed:thumbup:

Thanks jase,bec,callum n james

Heading for Berwick for our 3 week rental

good look, will be flying on the 16th to monbulk, 3 week rental