Wikiposts

ouch...

Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ouch...

My pup suffered the second fate mentioned of his testicles being removed today - I'm sure my husband starts welling up when he looks at him ! Hubby thought the pup was only having his tubes tied !!!!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:27 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WendyC
Go on then HOW??
I used to love that programme Wendy.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I used to love that programme Wendy.
It's still on you know. Even got the same guy, Fred whathisname

But it's not as good as it used to be and is only on for 10 minutes
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:35 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

It's still on you know. Even got the same guy, Fred whathisname

But it's not as good as it used to be and is only on for 10 minutes

Bloody hell I thought he was deed & gone. Fred Dinage or something & old Jack Hargreaves. Showing my age now.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:17 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Go on then HOW??

Well, briefly, as I'm about to go to bed... but the edge of the toe grows in and cuts into the skin, right? ... which then gets infected and red with pus etc. What you do is use tiny little wads of cotton wool under the edge of the nail (soak in some antiseptic before). You get these little wads and you push them under the edge which has the effect of lifting the ingrowing nail up, allowing the skin to heal underneath and to help change the direction of growth.

It really depends on how bad it is, but the surgery option is not so good because it may not work and you end up going through a lot of stress because of it.

My toenail was ingrowing and they were going to remove it. I found this alternative somewhere (can't remember where now) and tried it. My consultant at the hospital was so impressed, he said he'd let me keep on doing what I was doing and hopefully avoid the surgery. Eventually the nail righted itself. It probably took a couple of weeks but I felt relief immediately and after a couple of days, things were comfortable. You use a pair of fine tweezers to get the little bit of cotton wool in. For a couple of days it's a bit disgusting as all the crud comes out of the surrounding area, but after that, because the nail isn't digging in, it improves quickly.

As the nail lifts up, you use a slighly larger 'tiny' ball of cotton wool (not so it's uncomfortable though) and replace it every day or so. Eventually the nail grows properly. Then the trick is not to cut the nail too low or get any hang nails, which is how the problem starts in the first place!

I am absolutely phobic about anyone messing around with my toes, esp when they're sitting there with a scalpel and the local hasn't worked and I can still feel it.... WAH!

So, there you go

G'night!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:22 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

PS - It's HOW2, now.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Well, briefly, as I'm about to go to bed... but the edge of the toe grows in and cuts into the skin, right? ... which then gets infected and red with pus etc. What you do is use tiny little wads of cotton wool under the edge of the nail (soak in some antiseptic before). You get these little wads and you push them under the edge which has the effect of lifting the ingrowing nail up, allowing the skin to heal underneath and to help change the direction of growth.

It really depends on how bad it is, but the surgery option is not so good because it may not work and you end up going through a lot of stress because of it.

My toenail was ingrowing and they were going to remove it. I found this alternative somewhere (can't remember where now) and tried it. My consultant at the hospital was so impressed, he said he'd let me keep on doing what I was doing and hopefully avoid the surgery. Eventually the nail righted itself. It probably took a couple of weeks but I felt relief immediately and after a couple of days, things were comfortable. You use a pair of fine tweezers to get the little bit of cotton wool in. For a couple of days it's a bit disgusting as all the crud comes out of the surrounding area, but after that, because the nail isn't digging in, it improves quickly.

As the nail lifts up, you use a slighly larger 'tiny' ball of cotton wool (not so it's uncomfortable though) and replace it every day or so. Eventually the nail grows properly. Then the trick is not to cut the nail too low or get any hang nails, which is how the problem starts in the first place!

I am absolutely phobic about anyone messing around with my toes, esp when they're sitting there with a scalpel and the local hasn't worked and I can still feel it.... WAH!

So, there you go

G'night!
That gives me the shivers just thinking about it!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iPom

So, there you go

G'night!

That's exactly right, but it won't cure all ingrown toenails. No Podiatrist should touch your toe till the anaesthetic has taken fully and a scalpel shouldn't be used for an ingrown toe nail !!!!!.
You don't need to have the whole nail off if its ingrown. You still need the local L.A. and then just have the sides taken off, phenol is then put into the nail bed to stop that part of the nail regrowing. This can all be done in 20 mins if the L.A. takes quickly. Really easy procedure. Giving loads of relief.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

ugh the thought....

i once knew a women who had to have her big toes removed... :scared:
she had to learn to walk again..

god i hate feet...
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by benny the ball
I've got to have both big toenails removed. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it...
Why have you got to have both whole nails removed ?
Where are you having it done?
Where do you live?

Mandy
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lollyno1
ugh the thought....

i once knew a women who had to have her big toes removed... :scared:
she had to learn to walk again..

god i hate feet...

God I LOVE Feet
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog
God I LOVE Feet

lol nooooooooooooooo...hate the summer cos i can see big fat hairy toes...hard skin..urgh..and thats only on the women round here..!!!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lollyno1
lol nooooooooooooooo...hate the summer cos i can see big fat hairy toes...hard skin..urgh..and thats only on the women round here..!!!

LOL, You've made me laugh, feet are great.
They get you where you want to go
You can put them in pretty shoes
You can paint your nails nice colours

and that's just the men round here hee! hee!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 2:18 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Why have you got to have both whole nails removed ?
Where are you having it done?
Where do you live?

Mandy
Recurrent problem due to the shape of the nails.
Cheltenham Nuffield (thanks to works private health cover)
Gloucester

Already done the cotton wool trick before but not effective this time due to nail shape. Phenolisation is only successful about 60% of the time apparently.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 2:25 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds terrible .

Just hope that you won't feel a thing and
think 'happy thoughts'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.