Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

OT posts from Rio Tinto thread

OT posts from Rio Tinto thread

Old Jun 7th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Irish guy dies on Rio Tinto site

Originally Posted by CelticRover
I have to say that I have wondered the same thing, given the constant derogatory comments about the 'oirish, pikeys, catholics, FTP, scotch etc'. Is there an antipathetic connection between South Africans and Celtic peoples that I am unaware of? I would like to know.
I doubt it has anything to do with South Africa. Anyone can be a bigot.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Is there an antipathetic connection between South Africans and Celtic peoples that I am unaware of? I would like to know.
There isn't. If you want to turn this thread into something that was not intended, then that's your issue not mine

I started this thread to inform, take that as you want
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
I doubt it has anything to do with South Africa. Anyone can be a bigot.
And anyone can be an over-sensitive f**kwit
Old Jun 7th 2011, 11:47 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, I have witnessed a fair amount of anti Scotch and Oirish prejudice on this forum, to the point that it's blatantly ignored, it's disgraceful, but cannot recall an instance of racism from Amazulu, not once. Yes he joins in with all the jokes, as we all do, but that's it as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No racism is ignored. If its meant in a serious tone and is reported its dealt with. There's plenty of anti-Welsh comments on here too but no worse than in any pub back home, same as the anti-English comments. if you don't think its been dealt with properly pm Sue about it.

The thread was not started with any racist intent and Alfresco has already tried to get it back on track. If it continues in this vein I will close it.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I have to say, I have witnessed a fair amount of anti Scotch and Oirish prejudice on this forum, to the point that it's blatantly ignored, it's disgraceful, but cannot recall an instance of racism from Amazulu, not once. Yes he joins in with all the jokes, as we all do, but that's it as far as I'm concerned.
What does rotgut whiskey have to do with anything FFS? Anyone would think you were 'oirish mick', talking like that.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:06 am
Proudly Deplorable

I'm done with this thread. I started it to inform BE about what I have been told - nothing more, nothing less.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

What does rotgut whiskey have to do with anything FFS? Anyone would think you were 'oirish mick', talking like that.
Whisky mate.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:07 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm done with this thread. I started it to inform BE about what I have been told - nothing more, nothing less.
Snap.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Whisky mate.

http://www.google.com/search?q=scotc...ed=0CDEQsAQ4Cg

Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.google.com/search?q=scotc...w=1280&bih=695