Reload this Page >

original viable commercial idea

Wikiposts

original viable commercial idea

Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Rudder will become famous soon enoughRudder will become famous soon enough
Question original viable commercial idea

I believe I may have the makings of the above, but how does one go about firstly safe guarding it and secondly bringing it about?
Any ideas anybody?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:22 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: original viable commercial idea

Difficult to know unless you tell us what it is...but then it wouldn't be safe.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Yeah, I know........but what would be the first step to take with any idea that has potential?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:24 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudder
I believe I may have the makings of the above, but how does one go about firstly safe guarding it and secondly bringing it about?
Any ideas anybody?

If it's an invention, as provided by s.18 of the Patents Act 1990, then you could consider taking out a patent to protect your idea. Business processes, however, cannot be patented, so if it's more of a commercial idea, then you may not be able to protect it that way.

If you have a business or product name, then you could consider obtaining a Trademark registration for it, though you must have an intention to use it, and must subsequently go about using it.

As for the actual commercial idea - I am not sure how you would safeguard that without impinging on aspects of the Trade Practices Act. I guess you really need to keep it to yourself until you are ready to unleash it on an unsuspecting public.

S
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:42 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudder
Any ideas anybody?
If your invention is something to stick on the back of a boat to help control its direction.... its been done.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons'_Den
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
If your invention is something to stick on the back of a boat to help control its direction.... its been done.
Aaw....what gave it away?.........wrong!........btw...my name refers to the tail end of an aircraft (NO not the toilet!)