Optus Sport?

Old Jun 18th 2018, 10:02 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Optus Sport?

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well. Big Mal steps in and Optus have given the World Cup to SBS for the next 2 days.

The PM for the people. Top work Mal.

Great news.

I've been trialling ExpressVPN for a few days and am really impressed with it.
Knocks my current VPN for six speed wise. More expensive but worth it.

Had been watching the WC on TSN but can now use BBC and ITV.
Also gives me iPlayer for the first time and looks like it will unlock Netflix USA, SlingTV etc.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well. Big Mal steps in and Optus have given the World Cup to SBS for the next 2 days.

The PM for the people. Top work Mal.

Nice attempt to twist the truth..... Looks like the pressure from the Labour opposition which caused them to act. How about looking here fir

Plus now I get a free Fetch mini TV box as compensation for something that didn't happen to me They are giving away mini boxes to all those with optus sport accounts.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/sbs-to-a...lks-with-optus

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 18th 2018 at 12:41 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 3:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Watched some of the Sweden v SK game on ITV hub - high quality stream with no buffering. Shitty UK ads though but thankfully not many

Last edited by Amazulu; Jun 18th 2018 at 3:15 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Nice attempt to twist the truth..... Looks like the pressure from the Labour opposition which caused them to act. How about looking here fir

Plus now I get a free Fetch mini TV box as compensation for something that didn't happen to me They are giving away mini boxes to all those with optus sport accounts.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/sbs-to-a...lks-with-optus
Awesome. BS Bill put in his place again by Paul Fletcher. BS should really think about putting his head above the parapet. It just keeps getting knocked off.

What's funny here, the old rhetoric, "Turnbull and his mates in the big end of town". Well if the CEO of Optus really was a mate of Mal's, then that mateship was put to good use. We all get to see the Football on SBS for a few days. How far do you think BS would have got with the CEO of Optus???? ............ Zero
Old Jun 19th 2018, 12:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Of the 3 streaming services I've tried for the WC, I rate them quality wise:
1. ITV Hub
2. SBS On Demand
3. BBC iPlayer
Old Jun 19th 2018, 11:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god. I'm going to have to bookmark this thread for when we get back. I fear the only thing that will be streaming is my eyes, f'n hate this techy stuff
Old Jun 20th 2018, 7:21 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Optus have basically thrown in the towel.

World Cup: Optus hands over remaining group matches to SBS - FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018 - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

How to turn an expensive win into a disaster through technical incompetence. Public service broadcasting to the rescue !
Old Jun 20th 2018, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Looks like Optus have basically thrown in the towel.

World Cup: Optus hands over remaining group matches to SBS - FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018 - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

How to turn an expensive win into a disaster through technical incompetence. Public service broadcasting to the rescue !
Top bombing big Mal. Man of the people. Man of the CEO's.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 1:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Tried to watch the ENG v PAN game on iplayer and the buffering was ridiculous - on a genuine 90Mb+ link

There must be so geolocation nonsense going on as all other iplayer content streams in rock solid HD glory

Back on SBS - can England get 10?
Old Jun 24th 2018, 1:34 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

iPlayer is running smooth through ExpressVPN.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 11:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Bix
iPlayer is running smooth through ExpressVPN.

That makes sense. Maybe if I changed to a DNS sever located in the UK (an option with SmartDNS) it might have been better. Will have to give it a try
Old Jun 28th 2018, 4:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Looks like Optus have thrown in the towel and have given all the remaining games in the WC to SBS!

What a great business Optus is - pay a ton of money for something that you look to make a profit on but end up giving it away. Muppets. Thankfully I'm not an Optus shareholder!
Old Jun 28th 2018, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Looks like Optus have thrown in the towel and have given all the remaining games in the WC to SBS!

What a great business Optus is - pay a ton of money for something that you look to make a profit on but end up giving it away. Muppets. Thankfully I'm not an Optus shareholder!

Ahh but SBS doesn't have Mel

Old Jun 28th 2018, 6:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Ahh but SBS doesn't have Mel

But the one they have is pretty tasty too
Old Jun 28th 2018, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
But the one they have is pretty tasty too
Heh I can wreck that thought with one bit of video....

It's Ned in a Skirt..... Meet her Brother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.