Optus Sport?

Old Jun 15th 2018, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Dmorgan07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Optus Sport?

Managed to get a bit more watch-ability out of the tv, by turning off auto motion thingy...the play is now less juddery but the picture is awful on the highest setting 2080 and 60hz. I watched 4k content on youtube, it wasn't perfect but 100% better than optus. What quality is this football being streamed in by Optus?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 3:17 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dmorgan07
Yeah we are bad, but you don't get to pick your team. True supporters still watch, however Optus have other ideas about that. And no its 2022, (collective sigh).

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/optu...hts-until-2022

Damn. Didn't see that. I agree the EPL don't give a shite as long as they have their money.

I can't get landline internet so used to have Optus wireless internet and had Fetch but they wouldn't give me EPL without taking out a phone plan. Stuff them.
From what I've read over the last couple of years their service is diabolical anyway.

I'm a toffee too. COYB.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Managed to get a bit more watch-ability out of the tv, by turning off auto motion thingy...the play is now less juddery but the picture is awful on the highest setting 2080 and 60hz. I watched 4k content on youtube, it wasn't perfect but 100% better than optus. What quality is this football being streamed in by Optus?
So that would suggest the technology Optus is using to stream video is inferior to others.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 6:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
So that would suggest the technology Optus is using to stream video is inferior to others.
All streaming services are inferior to Netflix
Old Jun 15th 2018, 11:19 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the verdict is in, and it's Optus being useless on the server front.

https://ausdroid.net/2018/06/16/optu...orld-cup-2018/
Old Jun 16th 2018, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Looks like the verdict is in, and it's Optus being useless on the server front.

https://ausdroid.net/2018/06/16/optu...orld-cup-2018/
I caught the first half of the Uruguay match in a pub last night which had the Optus logo in the corner. The buffering was hideous. Just terrible.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/fifa-world-cup-2018/world-cup-2018-fans-left-seething-as-optus-issues-ruin-viewing-experience-20180615-p4zlta.html

In s statement on the Optus Sport Facebook page, Optus apologised to customers, saying that instead of using the app, they should visit its sport.optus.com.auwebsite to watch further matches.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 11:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Scouse watched 4 WC matches today. I'm a football widow

I did watch Oz v France though, enjoyed that one. Was pleasantly surprised at the Aussie boys, they did well.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Optus sport is working ok at my house. I've nothing but praise for it. It works great through their fetch tv box.

Bloody diving French and poxy VAR. I bet there is a major VAR stuff up in this world cup.

Aus could well get through this round, they will definitely match Denmark and Peru and those games could go either way. In fact I'd say they'd be favourites v Peru.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 4:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

So, we tried to watch the FRA v AUS game on BBC iplayer. It was an okay stream and never buffered but the quality was not that great so we switched over to the HD broadcast on SBS. I'm not sure if this is a geolocation issue but will have to give ITV Hub a go to see if it is. It's a pity as the BBC were using their own commentators who were much better than their SBS counterparts

As for the game, I though Australia did okay. They were a bit dirty at times but they largely kept their structure and discipline and for large parts of the game, this unsettled France somewhat. As for the penalty (the first time a decision has been overturned in WC history) it was a tough call but that's football. Maybe they should use the VAR to tackle diving! I think Australia can get out of this group though
Old Jun 17th 2018, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes what a f*** up on that call, especially when the technology is there to assist. I saw the ball deviate, everyone else did so you have to assume it deviated from the defenders foot as it was only the defenders foot near it. What a cock up.

However, the Roos did themselves proud. Heads should be held high. Would have been nice to nick the point.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Dmorgan07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
So, we tried to watch the FRA v AUS game on BBC iplayer. It was an okay stream and never buffered but the quality was not that great so we switched over to the HD broadcast on SBS. I'm not sure if this is a geolocation issue but will have to give ITV Hub a go to see if it is. It's a pity as the BBC were using their own commentators who were much better than their SBS counterparts

As for the game, I though Australia did okay. They were a bit dirty at times but they largely kept their structure and discipline and for large parts of the game, this unsettled France somewhat. As for the penalty (the first time a decision has been overturned in WC history) it was a tough call but that's football. Maybe they should use the VAR to tackle diving! I think Australia can get out of this group though
How do you watch through BBC iPlayer and itv hub? I thought it could only be watched in the UK? Can I download the app onto my tv?

Optus streaming of the aus v France game so poor we tried to set up sbs on demand to watch it through there (For some reason we can't get any of the sbs channels through tv aerial done a channel search about a million times and still no joy) but it wouldn't work (probs coz our internet is so shit) so had to turn back to optus. We'd missed both penalties at this point- complete fail 😑
Old Jun 17th 2018, 8:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

How do you watch through BBC iPlayer and itv hub? I thought it could only be watched in the UK? Can I download the app onto my tv?

Optus streaming of the aus v France game so poor we tried to set up sbs on demand to watch it through there (For some reason we can't get any of the sbs channels through tv aerial done a channel search about a million times and still no joy) but it wouldn't work (probs coz our internet is so shit) so had to turn back to optus. We'd missed both penalties at this point- complete fail � ����
I use a HTPC (Intel NUC) running WIN10 and the Edge browser
I use this DNS redirect: https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/. Search around on the discount code sites and you'll probably find a good offer. I paid USD35 for 2 years
Change the DNS address on the HTPC (you can do this on your router if you want all devices to use the same DNS)
Go to the iplayer website on Edge
Set up an account - use your old UK post code
In iplayer choose the channel that is showing a game (BBC 1 or 2) and click on the watch live button

Ta da - live football

Be warned, iplayer is a bandwidth hog in my experience. You will need a good connection

For ITV Hub, there is a watch live option on the home screen

Enjoy

Last edited by Amazulu; Jun 17th 2018 at 8:05 am.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

I tried Optus Sports for the first time this morning to watch Brazil vs Switzerland and It was good in my opinion. It seems people who have problems are the ones using Apps. I have an HTPC at home and used Google Chrome, good quality and no lag. My connection is ADSL of about 6.5 mbps.

I tried to use BBC iPlayer during the weekend but it didn't work for me. It seems that they have flagged PIA VPN servers.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well. Big Mal steps in and Optus have given the World Cup to SBS for the next 2 days.

The PM for the people. Top work Mal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.