Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

An open letter to all Australians

Wikiposts

An open letter to all Australians

Old Nov 25th 2006, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default An open letter to all Australians

OK you can call me a whinging pom, say that I dont wash, that I ought to sod off back to the UK, in fact you can call me any name you like, but for gawds sake....

DONT MENTION THE CRICKET ! :scared:

under international law that counts as cruel and unusual punishment!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 12:15 am
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of
Default Re: An open letter to all Australians

Originally Posted by windog
OK you can call me a whinging pom, say that I dont wash, that I ought to sod off back to the UK, in fact you can call me any name you like, but for gawds sake....

DONT MENTION THE CRICKET ! :scared:

under international law that counts as cruel and unusual punishment!
`
england `still` only 150 / 1 to win the first test - not worth a bet then ??
Old Nov 25th 2006, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dougggy
`
If England won from this position they could all change thier names to Houdini!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

If England won from this position they could all change thier names to Houdini!
Whats the weather forecast?
Old Nov 25th 2006, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Unfortunately I dont think there are any cyclones forecast to hit the Qld shore! (only Lee, McGrath & Warne!)
Old Nov 25th 2006, 12:55 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: An open letter to all Australians

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Depents on who's bowling.

If it's England, the forecast is "Scattered wides, with an occasional shower of leg breaks".

If it's Australia, the forecast is "Torrential flippers, with a chance of a wrong 'un storm in the afternoon".

Old Nov 25th 2006, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

If it's England, the forecast is "Scattered wides, with an occasional shower of leg breaks".

If it's Australia, the forecast is "Torrential flippers, with a chance of a wrong 'un storm in the afternoon".

I'm thinking of putting on my big overcoat, pulling my hat down low and going down the bookies to bet on Aus to win the series 5-0! At least making a bit of money out of it might assuage the agony of watching!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 2:41 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: An open letter to all Australians

I'm thinking of putting on my big overcoat, pulling my hat down low and going down the bookies to bet on Aus to win the series 5-0! At least making a bit of money out of it might assuage the agony of watching!
It's not over yet, mate. One bad match does not an Ashes series make.

England have come back from one down to win before, and they can do it again.

There's no complacency in the Stampede household tonight...
Old Nov 25th 2006, 6:56 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougggy
`
Odds now stretched to 1500+/1. More chance of drought-ending rain, I think.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 6:58 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

It's not over yet, mate. One bad match does not an Ashes series make.

England have come back from one down to win before, and they can do it again.

There's no complacency in the Stampede household tonight...
Always the optimist? One bad match, this is a bloody disaster.
Still the OH had more complaints about the morons on both sides in the crowd behaving like idiots and calling other patrons "F*****g W*****s".

Last edited by The Bloke; Nov 25th 2006 at 7:00 am.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 7:00 am
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: An open letter to all Australians

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Always the optimist? One bad match, this is a bloody disaster.
It's a shocker, but the first match is not the entire series.

Early days yet.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 7:03 am

Early days yet.
Before the lunch break, Phil Tuffnell said on the commentry that England may consider doing a Pakistan and not come back on the field after lunch-jokingly of course. He must have thought it was more than a shocker.
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Early days yet.
Thats what I like to hear..... an optomist!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 3:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: An open letter to all Australians

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Before the lunch break, Phil Tuffnell said on the commentry that England may consider doing a Pakistan and not come back on the field after lunch-jokingly of course. He must have thought it was more than a shocker.
Stranger things have happened...
Old Nov 25th 2006, 7:15 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeps it's true...............Ausiies are well renowned for taking it up the "wrong 'un"..................so I've heard anyways