Wikiposts

oops... silly me!

Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:20 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: oops... silly me!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I was told to keep the bandage on it for a week and moisturise it regularly - almost like Aussie rules for stuff Mine's not faded any as yet but always covered. Might get some prep H though and try and hold back the ageing process - does it work on the face
True story...
When I went to boots to get said cream I had to ask for it as I couldn't find it! The Lady serving asked if it was for the purpose it was made for or for other use!! When I asked what other uses she meant she said that people use for tattoo and anti wrinkle type cream....apparently around your eyes??? :scared:
Sounds vile.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I was told to keep the bandage on it for a week and moisturise it regularly - almost like Aussie rules for stuff Mine's not faded any as yet but always covered. Might get some prep H though and try and hold back the ageing process - does it work on the face
I have one of those books by Trinny and Susannah and there's a section on moisturising/anti ageing tips, and they say if you want to minimise bags under your eyes, use pile cream. No word of a lie. I have to say that I've not tried it myself.
As for tattoos, :scared: . No way, giving birth was bad enough. I don't do pain. We have a friend in Belgium who is covered in the things, even on his ankles!!!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
I'm sure the no bandage thing helps it,all I had was a piece of kitchen roll type paper for the first hour or so and then told to wash it gently with mild soap.maybe times have changed now and the advise they give differs?

More or less what i was told. I wonder if ours will still look good when we are 90 LOL

When i was a trainee nurse i looked after an old navy sea dog who had very interesting tattoo's one of them was a ship on his stomach depending on the position he was in it looked like it was going up and down on the sea. As a young lass i thought it was brill
Mandy
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
I used nivea and no bandage i had no scabbing and it still looks great 10 yars after having it done.

Tabby is that an angel on your back or more of a mythical creature?
Mandy
More mythical, I see it as angel / Satan foot solider type creature

I use to follow the cream and bandage for x amount of time, now I take the bandage off as soon as I leave the shop let it dry out for 1 day and then use e45 or such like and I don't seem to get scabbing saying that my tattooist in the UK uses the latest gun sculpted to his hand shape and very expensive ink which reduces blood clotting which in turn reduces scabbing the down side he is about 30 - 40% more expense than other in the area, but I think it's not something you want a cowboy to do
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:26 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

More or less what i was told. I wonder if ours will still look good when we are 90 LOL

When i was a trainee nurse i looked after an old navy sea dog who had very interesting tattoo's one of them was a ship on his stomach depending on the position he was in it looked like it was going up and down on the sea. As a young lass i thought it was brill
Mandy

I've seen a few good ones myself... I remember seeing 1 years ago that was "made in Bristol" around the belly button.very funny.
Also saw an old guy who worked an alloment by us when We were kids who had a fox tail up his back with dogs chasing the fox around his body so it lookied like the fox had ran up his arse! That was 25 years ago and it still makes me smile!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:30 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

When I had mine done I was advised to put preperation H on it too! I went to the chemist and it was packed as it was next to a doctors surgery. I went up to the counter and asked for it and she shouted (from the back) 'do you want the cream or suppositries?' I just didn't know where to put my face
Needless to say, I made sure everyone knew it was for a tatoo and I didn't have piles!
Didn't know it could help with bags under the eyes - might dig it out and give it a try!
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
More mythical, I see it as angel / Satan foot solider type creature

I use to follow the cream and bandage for x amount of time, now I take the bandage off as soon as I leave the shop let it dry out for 1 day and then use e45 or such like and I don't seem to get scabbing saying that my tattooist in the UK uses the latest gun sculpted to his hand shape and very expensive ink which reduces blood clotting which in turn reduces scabbing the down side he is about 30 - 40% more expense than other in the area, but I think it's not something you want a cowboy to do

So true about cowboys. I was lucky i went to a tattoo guy on Byker bridge in Newcastle. i heard about him from a hospital consultant as he had used him. So that is why i took my friend there. He was top notch

Your tattoo looks great. Very interesting i love seeing tattoo's . some people just seem to suit them.
Mandy
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rugbymad
I've seen a few good ones myself... I remember seeing 1 years ago that was "made in Bristol" around the belly button.very funny.
Also saw an old guy who worked an alloment by us when We were kids who had a fox tail up his back with dogs chasing the fox around his body so it lookied like the fox had ran up his arse! That was 25 years ago and it still makes me smile!

LOL
Old Jun 19th 2006, 9:44 pm
Running on the spot.

So true about cowboys. I was lucky i went to a tattoo guy on Byker bridge in Newcastle. i heard about him from a hospital consultant as he had used him. So that is why i took my friend there. He was top notch

Your tattoo looks great. Very interesting i love seeing tattoo's . some people just seem to suit them.
Mandy
Very true! I saw a guy come to the shop when I was having one of mine done and the guy wanted a cover up done,the tattoist asked to see what had been done and then said he would cover it as it was a right mess and he was worried that his cover up would be so large that people would think it was his original work,the bloke had had a tribal type thing all down his arm and it was real bad! god only know what he expect him to cover it with?? I think He would of had to be sleeved to cover it really....awfull!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

was told to keep bandange on for 4 hours, then wash, pat dry, and put on bepanthen (nappy rash cream) 2-4 times a day.

I've also got a herbal tattoo healing moisturiser from the wonderful people at www.tattoojohnny.com

well pic is attached.... slightly dodgy as OH is sleeping and it's difficult to take a pic with your left hand (my camera's a big digi-SLR job!)
Attached Thumbnails oops... silly me!-tattoo.jpg  
Old Jun 20th 2006, 4:52 am
Shopaholic

bradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to allbradders is a name known to all

I've got a gorgeous butterfly at the bottom of my spine, with my daughters name.

Got another daughter now so at the moment thinking of what else to have and where to put it
Old Jun 20th 2006, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

well i had my exam this morning.....

wrist was still ever so slightly sore so after going and explaining to my tutor what I'd done and that I was worried about trying to write solidly for 3-4 hours she said I could have some extra time....(she said she didn't have the heart to say no!!)

as it was i didn't need it and all went well.... did have another tutor ask if i'd got my tattoo to try and get out of my exam. I said obviously "no", so she asked if she can just tell next years students that i did anyway!! strange woman!!!!

tattoo already appears to be healing well - very little seepage over night, and will only need a couple of bit's filled in (missed due to huge amounts of blood pouring down my arm!!!!)

won't be doing this again in a hurry - think I might stick to two for the time being!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2006, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by YoSemite
well i had my exam this morning.....

wrist was still ever so slightly sore so after going and explaining to my tutor what I'd done and that I was worried about trying to write solidly for 3-4 hours she said I could have some extra time....(she said she didn't have the heart to say no!!)

as it was i didn't need it and all went well.... did have another tutor ask if i'd got my tattoo to try and get out of my exam. I said obviously "no", so she asked if she can just tell next years students that i did anyway!! strange woman!!!!

tattoo already appears to be healing well - very little seepage over night, and will only need a couple of bit's filled in (missed due to huge amounts of blood pouring down my arm!!!!)

won't be doing this again in a hurry - think I might stick to two for the time being!!!!
Cool tat !!!

Is it all the way round or just as in the pic?

Can I ask How much? as I was told they are very expense here !
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

goes round the underside of my wrist - starts parallel with my thumb and finishes parallel with my little finger.

cost $85, with free touch up if needed
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YoSemite
goes round the underside of my wrist - starts parallel with my thumb and finishes parallel with my little finger.

cost $85, with free touch up if needed
That's a good price, i reckon it would of cost more than that in the uk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.