Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Online Shopping Directory

Online Shopping Directory

Old Oct 9th 2012, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold
Default What's your favourite online shopping website ?

Thanks to recommendations from posters on BE I recently ordered some bargain-priced books for my son on www.bookdepository.com which I had not heard of. And others suggested www.bookworld.com, again not heard of this website but which has some well-priced books.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a list of online shopping sites people use regularly and can recommend -apart from Amazon and e-bay - not only for people who already live here but also for new migrants looking for help with the cost of living or a bargain.

Love to hear from others with their suggestions.

Here's my list so far:

Kogan.com (used for first time last week to buy a mobile phone)
oo.com.au (bought 2 single duvets in July and good quality)
dstore.com (my sister in the UK uses this website to order Wii games and DVDs for my son)
dealsdirect.com.au
groceryrun.com.au
spreets.com.au
suredeal.com.au
catchoftheday.com.au
Ozbargain newsletter
beautyhaven.com.au
Ozsale.com.au
perfumewarehouse.com.au

A Current Affair last week recommended graysonline.com.au and SaveOnBrands.com.au but no idea what they are like?
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favourite online shopping website ?

Tastesmarvellous.co.uk
http://www.germanshop24.com/
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

bignick has a spectacular aura aboutbignick has a spectacular aura aboutbignick has a spectacular aura about

http://www.nextdirect.com/au/en

Free delivery and returns via an Australia address....whats not to like
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

bignick has a spectacular aura aboutbignick has a spectacular aura aboutbignick has a spectacular aura about

http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/

Completely legit oakleys etc at knockdown prices and they deliver to oz (got two pairs through yesterday) Highly recommended!
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:00 pm
CHC-MEL commute since 91

derab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud ofderab has much to be proud of

http://www.loveonedaysales.com.au/

this site lists a lot of the daily deal websites and keeps a track of their feedback ratings.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

So many to choose from. After getting a recommendation from BE, I ordered stuff from chemist direct
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/

was genuinely shocked by how cheap everything seemed.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com
www.t-dimension.com
www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:45 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kips
Thanks to recommendations from posters on BE I recently ordered some bargain-priced books for my son on www.bookdepository.com which I had not heard of. And others suggested www.bookworld.com, again not heard of this website but which has some well-priced books.
As far as books (and DVDs) are concerned, I'd always check things out on http://booko.com.au/

For computer bits, MSY have finally started doing online ordering (if you haven't got a decent shop nearby) http://msy.com.au Obviously JBHiFi and Officeworks will also deliver (but their prices tend to not be keen.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 1:21 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

ozbargain newsletter is no good...

The real bargains sell out within hours (or minutes) of getting posted on there.

e.g. last night I was lucky enough to check the website and order 2 x 24 bottles of Cobra beer. $60 including delivery.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 1:33 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.clearlycontacts.com.au/

and my daughters love

http://www.asos.com/
Old Oct 10th 2012, 1:35 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
So many to choose from. After getting a recommendation from BE, I ordered stuff from chemist direct
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/

was genuinely shocked by how cheap everything seemed.
can't believe ive missed this on BE , am away for a shop
Old Oct 10th 2012, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

I have three cats and was sick of paying so much for their flea treatments, I was paying over $70 just on pack of four advance tick/flea treatments.

I ordered the same thing from this site in Singapore and it worked out at $24.00 including shipping! Arrived in two weeks.

The site is ourpetworld.com
Old Oct 10th 2012, 3:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I had been using Netoptical to get my lenses, but they're $20/box less on your site. $40 per 6 month order is quite a saving!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 4:46 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

for all sorts of stuff try www.shoppingsquare.com.au ...

I have bought perfume, toys, memory cards from here and always the best price I could find.

I recently bought a new Canon camera and lenses that cost $3300 delivered (grey import) and from high st would have been just over $5,000. Other websites came close, but these guys were always cheaper...
Old Oct 10th 2012, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
for all sorts of stuff try www.shoppingsquare.com.au ...

I have bought perfume, toys, memory cards from here and always the best price I could find.

I recently bought a new Canon camera and lenses that cost $3300 delivered (grey import) and from high st would have been just over $5,000. Other websites came close, but these guys were always cheaper...
Did you get charged gst on import?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.