Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

One year ago this very day

One year ago this very day

Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default One year ago this very day

One year ago today Me and my son left our home in england, we left my daughter and my sons sister, we left his mother, a girl I'd been with for 25 years and we left every single person we knew and loved. My parents, my sons grandparents, aunties, uncles, his school mates and his football team mates.

not bloody easy i can tell ya, but today we're going to the beach and everyone we left is still miserable and still sick of the rain, the government, the youth of today, the petrol prices, the housing slump, the credit crunch etc etc etc

Was it the right thing to do, hell yeah!

( I think )

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who helped me through some very dark days last year.

Jazzys
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One year ago this very day

Congrats on the year Jazz. Long may you love the life.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Well done to both of you. Not at all easy as you say. Enjoy your day at the beach.

Donna
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:29 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jazzys View Post
One year ago today Me and my son left our home in england, we left my daughter and my sons sister, we left his mother, a girl I'd been with for 25 years and we left every single person we knew and loved. My parents, my sons grandparents, aunties, uncles, his school mates and his football team mates.

not bloody easy i can tell ya, but today we're going to the beach and everyone we left is still miserable and still sick of the rain, the government, the youth of today, the petrol prices, the housing slump, the credit crunch etc etc etc

( I think )

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who helped me through some very dark days last year.

Jazzys
Congratulations ,

You made it a year !

Anne
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

( I think )

Jazzys
Here's to many more happy years

Enjoy.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:33 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when you first posted and how sorry I felt for you with your situation.

You turned it around mate and built a new life for you and your boy, you got on with it and sorted everything out.

Well done mate, you deserve to be happy.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya Jeff
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:49 am
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

Your story should be an inspiration to all the doubters.

Congratulations on making it to your first anniversary of living in Australia, and turning your lives around. Here's to many more happy years for both your and your son.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks fellow expats, i genuinely appreciate all the help, advice and encouragement you have given me.

special mention has to go to Professional Princess, Asher, Sally C, Geordie mandy, Herrchook and Moneypen.

but thanks to every last one of you.

We've had a great day at the beach and hope there are many more to come.
Crimdon Dene has nothing on Coolangatta

Jazzys
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:39 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Can't believe it's been a year

Congratulations and here's to the next year being a successful one for you
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

Well done Jazzys, I knew you`ld get there, you`ve done one year so the future is looking bright for you and your lad, from now on things can only look better, glad you had a good weekend, I reckon your girl will come around and your x will regret she didn`t stick with you

Sheila

Last edited by blackcountrygirl; Sep 14th 2008 at 10:51 am.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:42 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Well Done...
congratulations on your first anniversary
xxx
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

( I think )

Jazzys
Nice to hear that you made it to the first year - the best of wishes to you and your lad - and my fingers crossed for one day your daughter will open her eyes and see the real deal (and I know she will - one day!)

xxxxx
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by blackcountrygirl View Post
your x will regret she didn`t stick with you

Sheila
She's been regretting it for quite a while now.

cheers
Jazzys
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:21 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

She's been regretting it for quite a while now.

cheers
Jazzys
Is she seriously regretting it?

Oh my god what would you do if she came out to Oz to try again?

I remember your first post and I felt so sorry for you

My god man have you done well, you have proved that with the right attitude, guts and determination that you can do it.

Shame we wont get to meet up and have a few beers - actually there are a few people on here I would like to have some beers with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.