Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:11 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Silly one for the Lady's only!!!

So Lady's like everything else the Aussie tampons don't seem to be quite the same as the UK ones.

Which ones are the best in your experience?

Haven't seen Lilets at all around Bris unless someone has a secret shop for them.

The Tampax are similar to UK but crap anyway.

Strange Aussie make Libra don't even put knots in the strings so much inferior.

Men told you not to look this one's just for the Lady's.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the Lady's only!!!

Originally Posted by annqldau

So Lady's like everything else the Aussie tampons don't seem to be quite the same as the UK ones.

Which ones are the best in your experience?

Haven't seen Lilets at all around Bris unless someone has a secret shop for them.

The Tampax are similar to UK but crap anyway.

Strange Aussie make Libra don't even put knots in the strings so much inferior.

Men told you not to look this one's just for the Lady's.
Agree 100% - Give me lil lets anyday of the week. I haven't seen hide nor hair of them here so each time I go shopping I tend to buy a small box of a different make. De Jour are not bad, and the same goes for ones in a '50s style tin - can't remember what they are called but from a personal (obviously ) point of view not a patch on lillets.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:25 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Seen it all now!!!!!

Penny.....Penny....Penny...........tsk tsk tsk!!!

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

im having a batch of lilets sent over, desperation hey.
the ones so far ive found best (and ive pretty much exhausted this bit of research) is the kotex ones, they seem pretty good, nowhere near lilets, but closer..and tampax are absolute shite.
hope youre ok ann will email you soon
Trish
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:13 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimtrish
im having a batch of lilets sent over, desperation hey.
the ones so far ive found best (and ive pretty much exhausted this bit of research) is the kotex ones, they seem pretty good, nowhere near lilets, but closer..and tampax are absolute shite.
hope youre ok ann will email you soon
Trish

Ah now I hadnt put this down the tampax being shite - I just thought that I was having 'heavier' periods (sorry if any guys have popped in for a read!!) - I used the 'regular' and just went straight through them (sorry again if TMI! ) so changed to Super and wasnt much better. Right then - I'd better keep an eye on this thread too.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Ah now I hadnt put this down the tampax being shite - I just thought that I was having 'heavier' periods (sorry if any guys have popped in for a read!!) - I used the 'regular' and just went straight through them (sorry again if TMI! ) so changed to Super and wasnt much better. Right then - I'd better keep an eye on this thread too.
i get what i affectionately call harpooned whale syndrome each month!
so used to use lilets super plus, cant get that here, so same prob as you, at this rate no sheep are safe!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 3:48 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

not had this joy yet - bought a load just before left UK, only to find out I am pregnant.

Maybe I should ebay them, do you think I could get the mark up that the Ashes or Robbie tickets get?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
not had this joy yet - bought a load just before left UK, only to find out I am pregnant.

Maybe I should ebay them, do you think I could get the mark up that the Ashes or Robbie tickets get?
Depends on what they are: Tampax - you couldn't pay me to take them
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:33 am

Cool Re: One for the Lady's only!!!

What's that one on 'league of gentlemen'...'bed like a butchers block'...LOL.

Bet the men don't know how quick to get back out of this one... :scared: .

The only problem with the buy a different box every time is you end up with cupboard full of faliures that you never want to use again... .

Will put the suggested brands down in my to buy list....this thread will have to run for a long time though so we can try a brand report and then another month or so to the next trial.

Speaking of thread, I just can't believe they don't put knots in them... have visions of the things never been seen again once put into use.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:41 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought about trying menstrual cups at all?
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by mozoo
Have you thought about trying menstrual cups at all?
Are you taking the pee... never heard of them and it's bad enough trying to remember not to throw the other things down the loo without remembering not to throw a cup down.

Please expand on the cup principle if it's for real... .
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:56 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Are you taking the pee... never heard of them and it's bad enough trying to remember not to throw the other things down the loo without remembering not to throw a cup down.

Google menstrual cups ... there are a couple of makes out there, the Divacup and Keeper.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:56 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out http://www.mooncup.co.uk/index.html

I have got several friends who use them and swear by them. Some who suffered from very heavy periods have experienced an improvement in both flow and pain levels since using them.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Check out http://www.mooncup.co.uk/index.html

I have got several friends who use them and swear by them. Some who suffered from very heavy periods have experienced an improvement in both flow and pain levels since using them.
Just imagining is making my eyes water - not sure I'm brave enough to click on the link
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:02 am
medusas peligrosas

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just imagining is making my eyes water - not sure I'm brave enough to click on the link

A lot of what us wimmin have to go thru in life makes my eyes water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.