Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

OMFG - Woman Decapitated in Tenerife Supermarket!!!

OMFG - Woman Decapitated in Tenerife Supermarket!!!

Old May 14th 2011, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OMFG - Woman Decapitated in Tenerife Supermarket!!!

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Believe it or not, psychosis doesn't just afflict Bulgarians.

I'm a mental health nurse and have worked with people who would have killed me at any given opportunity given the chance, because they were utterly convinced that was the only way for them to save the world from the devil and it was their mission from God to carry out that act (or similar such delusions).

The overwhelming majority of people suffering from psychosis are completely harmless. It's the ones who link killing, maiming, raping etc with saving the world and the like that are the seriously scary ones. There's every chance that if this man's psychosis was cured (assuming he is psychotic) he would be absolutely horrified at what he did.

I'm not assuming this is the reason he did this; I'm not in possession of the full facts, but if he has a psychosis, then it would be pretty likely that he was acting on a delusion that was every bit as real to him as the real world around us is to us.
I had a nun teacher like that in school
Old May 14th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Sister Cecilia of the Order of the Eternal Pre-menstrual Tension I think her name was
Old May 14th 2011, 10:42 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a mental health nurse and have worked with people who would have killed me at any given opportunity given the chance, because they were utterly convinced that was the only way for them to save the world from the devil and it was their mission from God to carry out that act (or similar such delusions).

The overwhelming majority of people suffering from psychosis are completely harmless. It's the ones who link killing, maiming, raping etc with saving the world and the like that are the seriously scary ones. There's every chance that if this man's psychosis was cured (assuming he is psychotic) he would be absolutely horrified at what he did.

I'm not assuming this is the reason he did this; I'm not in possession of the full facts, but if he has a psychosis, then it would be pretty likely that he was acting on a delusion that was every bit as real to him as the real world around us is to us.
But is there a cure?
Old May 14th 2011, 10:45 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
I had a nun teacher like that in school
Old May 14th 2011, 10:51 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
But is there a cure?
Depends.

Psychosis can be treated with anti-psychotics. I'd say the majority see some improvement. Quite a few get completely better, but if you have a chronic psychotic condition (ie Schizophrenia/schizo-affective disorder) then a lack of insight on your part or an inability to effectively self-medicate can lead to re-lapse.

The longer someone is psychotic the more likely organic changes will take place in the brain. This can make people harder to treat and sadly some are going to be chronically 'mad'....

What is always the main concern is if they are a danger to themselves or others, which a small minority (just with sane people, funny that...) will be.

Last edited by tonyk38; May 14th 2011 at 10:56 am.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
a bit like women on the rag then?
OK, I'm a bit slow on the uptake today, but now I get it!
Old May 14th 2011, 12:49 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

But is there a cure?
It could be controlled with medication and close supervision by a qualified mental health practitioner but not cured.

He had been released from psychiatric hospital 3 months ago so he should have been closely monitored but whether he was or not is anyones guess. Apparently he had been stalking this woman and muttering to himself on the streets so my guess is there was minimal, if any, supervision.

It must have been terrifying for the crowds of people who witnessed it and it will be devastating for the family of the woman killed
Old May 14th 2011, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kapri
It could be controlled with medication and close supervision by a qualified mental health practitioner but not cured.

He had been released from psychiatric hospital 3 months ago so he should have been closely monitored but whether he was or not is anyones guess. Apparently he had been stalking this woman and muttering to himself on the streets so my guess is there was minimal, if any, supervision.

It must have been terrifying for the crowds of people who witnessed it and it will be devastating for the family of the woman killed
Indeed. A terrible tragedy...

I could be wrong, but I suspect mental health services in Spain aren't quite up to the standard we'd expect in Aus/UK.

Last edited by tonyk38; May 14th 2011 at 1:21 pm.
Old May 14th 2011, 3:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I could be wrong, but I suspect mental health services in Spain aren't quite up to the standard we'd expect in Aus/UK.
I don't know why you'd assume that. I've heard that mental health services here (in WA at least) are absolutely diabolical.
Old May 14th 2011, 4:04 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I don't know why you'd assume that. I've heard that mental health services here (in WA at least) are absolutely diabolical.
Even here in the UK there isn't sufficient provision in a lot of places. Mental health practitioners hold big, sometimes unmanageable caseloads and staff are often overworked and stressed.
Old May 14th 2011, 5:44 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Now named.

http://beta.uk.news.yahoo.com/bulgar...205413627.html
Old May 14th 2011, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Only one beheading? That's nothing compared to this lot:

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews....as+de+Noticias)
Old May 14th 2011, 9:04 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

But is there a cure?
yes, admit you're wrong even though you have no idea what you've done
Old May 15th 2011, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

Originally Posted by renth
Community Mental health in SA... non existent
Old May 15th 2011, 3:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

No, but if it weren't for the EU this granny would still be alive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.