Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Olympics: interesting or not?

View Poll Results: Interesting - or not?
I'll watch every minute that I can
31.91%
I will watch paint dry if given the choice
68.09%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Olympics: interesting or not?

Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:18 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Olympics: interesting or not?

Best thing since sliced bread or a bore?
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:32 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympics: interesting or not?

It's like any sporty things; you probably either like it or don't.

I'm in the "I don't get it" category - and would personally prefer to watch paint dry
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

anawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of light

What gets me (apart from the completely over the top coverage Australia gives it at the expense of any real world news) is that people are getting excited about watching things they aren't even interested in. For example, a conversation I had at work today;

Colleague "I can't wait to watch the swimming, and the rowing. And I'll definately be watching the gymnastics too"

Me "So, do you watch all these things normally? I mean all year round, every year, when it's on the T.V. Are you a big swimming fan for instance"?

Colleague "Well, no. But I have to watch them"

Me "Why"?

Colleague "Because it's the olympics"!

And therein lies my main problem with it...........:curse:
Old Aug 9th 2008, 7:36 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Olympics: interesting or not?

Third poll option needed: "I'll probably watch some of the highlights".
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:39 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't get it either.

All these polevaulting fans suddenly coming out of the woodwork ! Bandwagon.

And the media is really annoying about it all too. It all feels very forced.

Old Aug 9th 2008, 9:32 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather go clothes shopping with my wife.

Believe me when I tell you, that's saying something.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:15 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

I love the olympics,the sprints are my favourite events,plus any other one that we win medals at.

GB all the way!
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:39 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
I'd rather go clothes shopping with my wife.

Believe me when I tell you, that's saying something.
Crikey! Could you take mine along as well?
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

im in the 'not interested' catagory...although i do like gymnastics. My daughter does gymnastics and it is something me and her are interested in.

Other then that...NAH.

Nickie
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I'm with Vash on this

Originally Posted by brido
I love the olympics,the sprints are my favourite events,plus any other one that we win medals at.

GB all the way!
You won't be watching much either then?
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:12 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Well the 7 network will only show events that Oz might win gold in, so the question should be "Swimming: interesting or not?"
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
Well the 7 network will only show events that Oz might win gold in, so the question should be "Swimming: interesting or not?"
Not exactly interesting but some nice eye candy in the men's division
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Fourth option needed.

'I'll be watching every minute of the women's beach volleyball. Screw the rest'.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

You'll know the National Anthem backwards by the time it's finished. Unless things are different than the last Olymics they'll show..... show again, then again and a few more times every bloody gold medal Australia wins as well as the National Anthem. What you wont see is anyone else winning anything. It's all a bit American !
Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Fourth option needed.

'I'll be watching every minute of the women's beach volleyball. Screw the rest'.
The roads at about 1pm this afternoon were strangely devoid of traffic.

I want to watch the Olympics but in years gone by have never got around to it or get busy - but I always want to watch the men's 100m. This is the first time I have really sat down to the games as a whole.

You know my opinion, I couldn't give a stuff about the old Australian - winning - media angle. Boring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.