Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Olympic coverage on the BBC

Wikiposts

Olympic coverage on the BBC

Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic coverage on the BBC

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Who are they? Not swimmers - shoulders aren't big enough Presumably lots of pics of her looking 'winsome' because she's getting paid to look that way! Hell, I'd try and look winsome if someone gave me money for it (a lot of money!)
Stephanie Rice is the one on the right, she a little odd looking (a bit rich from someone with more than a passing resemblences to Mr Potatohead but hey), she looks like a waxwork dummy of herslf, proportions all just a little bit off.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Stephanie Rice is the one on the right, she a little odd looking (a bit rich from someone with more than a passing resemblences to Mr Potatohead but hey), she looks like a waxwork dummy of herslf, proportions all just a little bit off.
How bizarre. Doesn't look anything like the woman I saw on the tele Where have her shoulders gone?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

For heavens sake.They are all fantastic, dedicated swimmers does it matter what they look like? Anyway they are better looking than a large number of women you see in Coles!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 1:07 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
For heavens sake.They are all fantastic, dedicated swimmers does it matter what they look like? Anyway they are better looking than a large number of women you see in Coles!
They're 'fantastic' - because they can swim quickly? I can walk upright - where's my medal?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:25 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
They're 'fantastic' - because they can swim quickly? I can walk upright - where's my medal?
Yeah!

Where's the Gold medals for Best Repository Layer in an MVC Stack or Best Tax Accountant

To be honest I'm kind of sick of all this UK vs Australia crap. It just smacks of the puerile "Marmite vs Vegimite", "XBox360 vs PS3", "PC vs Mac" and "Microsoft vs Linux" debates. Only the hardcore loons tend to get involved and then there is a lot of spitting and foaming at the mouth involved. Can't people just agree to disagree?

While I'm living in Australia I'll support the Australians. I'll still cheer on the Brits of course, why wouldn't you, but I think some people need to look deep into inside and ask themselves if they are really committed to living in Australia.

Al
Old Aug 19th 2008, 10:59 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE
While I'm living in Australia I'll support the Australians. I'll still cheer on the Brits of course, why wouldn't you, but I think some people need to look deep into inside and ask themselves if they are really committed to living in Australia.

Al
While I'm living in Australia I'll cheer every Aussie defeat as it means more chance of us being in front in the medal table, which means I wont have to listen to smug Aussies telling me how much better they are than us like I had to for about two months after the commonwealth games, and like I did before the olympics whenever I spoke to any Aussie they would say things like " I can't wait to hear what excuses you poms come out with when we thrash you yet again" yes I've been hearing comments like that for the last 6 weeks at least and I'm loving it.

I'm also committed to living in Australia and have no idea how one has any relevance to the other
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:24 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
...I'm also committed to living in Australia and have no idea how one has any relevance to the other
Me too and me neither...

Personally I can't stand people who dump their country of birth (and usually residence for most of their lives) on the sporting field as soon as they have a brief fling somewhere else...

Last edited by DrWho; Aug 19th 2008 at 11:36 am. Reason: Spilling :(
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:33 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

While I'm living in Australia I'll cheer every Aussie defeat as it means more chance of us being in front in the medal table, which means I wont have to listen to smug Aussies telling me how much better they are than us like I had to for about two months after the commonwealth games, and like I did before the olympics whenever I spoke to any Aussie they would say things like " I can't wait to hear what excuses you poms come out with when we thrash you yet again" yes I've been hearing comments like that for the last 6 weeks at least and I'm loving it.

I'm also committed to living in Australia and have no idea how one has any relevance to the other
Reminds me of the 17 years I spent in the land of the closets.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:35 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Reminds me of the 17 years I spent in the land of the closets.
Closets? I take it you mean England?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:42 am
I'm no dog

poppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nice

I was in Atlanta 1996 (flew out with many of 'em), I also watched Sydney 2000..............both so close to my heart, but I did feel let down..............sorry...BUT

BEIJING? Team GB..........go, go, go
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:46 am
I'm no dog

poppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nice

Oh and sorry that's show jumping x
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Olympic coverage on the BBC

Originally Posted by Hutch
Its on its way.Check your mail box!!!!!!!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:29 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:51 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Just ignore me mate, had a bad morning.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Closets? I take it you mean England?

I reckon one of the reasons why I've got the impression that the English make excuses all the time is the prevalence of soccer. Because of the low scores typical of soccer a number of games end up being decided by the referee’s decisions (New Scientist put it as high as 25% in the Premier League). It was not unusual for losing fans to blame the referee for their loss (whether it was his fault or not).

In Aussie rules, I’ve only come across one instance of someone complaining their team lost the match because the umpire got it wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.