Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Olympic coverage on the BBC

Wikiposts

Olympic coverage on the BBC

Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Olympic coverage on the BBC

I've been watching the coverage of the olympics on the BBC and I was disgusted at the lack of airtime given to Australian athletes. Do the BBC realise that there are in fact other nations taking part in this meaningless four yearly exercise in one-up-manship?

Does it not occur to the myopic media machine in blighty that there are many thousands of Australians working in sports bars right across Earls Court who'd like to see Cadel Evans looking like a complete dork in his jelly-mould helmet? Do the dinosaurs governing the BBC not understand that expat Australians might like the chance to stare meaningfully at Stephanie Rice's camel toe? Do those aussie-expats not deserve the right to mock the ludicrous names given to Australian teams - and on that subject, why are the swimmers not referred to as the Splasheroos?

I think it's absolutely disgusting the total lack of airtime that Aunty Beeb have given over to the southern hemisphere's finest athletes and I for one will be writing a very caustic letter to the organisations governers just as soon as I extract my head from my arse.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:46 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Olympic coverage on the BBC

Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Hutch;6676126
just as soon as I extract my head from my arse.[/QUOTE]

some of the 'soap the poms don't use' may help with that.

Johnnyyt
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:13 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Aussies Doing Same Shocker!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:43 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 13th 2008, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
I've been watching the coverage of the olympics on the BBC and I was disgusted at the lack of airtime given to Australian athletes. Do the BBC realise that there are in fact other nations taking part in this meaningless four yearly exercise in one-up-manship?

Does it not occur to the myopic media machine in blighty that there are many thousands of Australians working in sports bars right across Earls Court who'd like to see Cadel Evans looking like a complete dork in his jelly-mould helmet? Do the dinosaurs governing the BBC not understand that expat Australians might like the chance to stare meaningfully at Stephanie Rice's camel toe? Do those aussie-expats not deserve the right to mock the ludicrous names given to Australian teams - and on that subject, why are the swimmers not referred to as the Splasheroos?

I think it's absolutely disgusting the total lack of airtime that Aunty Beeb have given over to the southern hemisphere's finest athletes and I for one will be writing a very caustic letter to the organisations governers just as soon as I extract my head from my arse.
Apparently Stephanie Rice is "the best looking athlete in the games!"
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:55 pm
Australia's Doorman

There should be more of this I reckon ...

Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

manwinoname is an unknown quantity at this point

There should be more of this I reckon ...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=woYG6Uq6OVU
Superb , hadn't seen this one before and the commentary was excellent
Steve
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Although I do think that Stephanie Rice is very attractive but that's from a straight female point of view. I may be seeing something you're not (or visa versa)
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Although I do think that Stephanie Rice is very attractive but that's from a straight female point of view. I may be seeing something you're not (or visa versa)
She's average looking at best. I suppose in comparison to the other trolls she does at least have a face that doesn't make you want to projectile vomit Exorcist-style all over the plasma, but still, she's no super-model. And how clever of her - to swim faster than someone else! God I hate sport ...
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

She's average looking at best. I suppose in comparison to the other trolls she does at least have a face that doesn't make you want to projectile vomit Exorcist-style all over the plasma, but still, she's no super-model. And how clever of her - to swim faster than someone else! God I hate sport ...
Erm, hate to break it to you but she's not trying to be. Very few of us have beauty, brains and brawn all at the same time. It's a nightmare to deal with I tell ya

I love sport. Could watch the Olympics for months - even Channel 7.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:32 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Erm, hate to break it to you but she's not trying to be. Very few of us have beauty, brains and brawn all at the same time. It's a nightmare to deal with I tell ya

I love sport. Could watch the Olympics for months - even Channel 7.
She's not trying to be? So how come there's myriad photo spreads of her looking all winsome? Hmmm? And what about this ...

Where's the puke emote when you need it ...
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Apparently Stephanie Rice is "the best looking athlete in the games!"
I've beeen watching very closely and she's not even in my Top 100.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:14 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

She's not trying to be? So how come there's myriad photo spreads of her looking all winsome? Hmmm? And what about this ...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/i...5330989,00.jpg

Someone give them a bale of hay or a sugar-lump each!
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

http://www.foxsports.com.au/common/i...5330989,00.jpg

Who are they? Not swimmers - shoulders aren't big enough Presumably lots of pics of her looking 'winsome' because she's getting paid to look that way! Hell, I'd try and look winsome if someone gave me money for it (a lot of money!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.