Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Oh my god.... resignation just handed in...

Wikiposts

Oh my god.... resignation just handed in...

Old Dec 14th 2007, 2:01 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Oh my god.... resignation just handed in...

Have just handed in my resignation meaning that I can actually go in March now... knees are trembling... I think I need a beer to calm my nerves...

What makes it even worse is that everything is going well at work with good prospects... normally people go when things are bad!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Oh my god.... resignation just handed in...

I'm in exactly the same situation!

Have told my boss that I'll be off in March and bloody worried because the company is doing so well and I'm worried I may miss out after helping set it up etc.

Scary stuff!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi, i am going on a 457 visa have a job starting in March, have to give two months notice at work, so should really hand it it on Monday. BUT i do not have my visa yet! Very stressed but trying to keep myself under control. I think i will be shaking when i hand my notice in as it will all feel very real and like the final countdown has begun. My thoughts are with you and i think you should have lots of drinks tonight
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The_Wookie

Have told my boss that I'll be off in March and bloody worried because the company is doing so well and I'm worried I may miss out after helping set it up etc.

Scary stuff!
Hi Guys,

I am in same situation told boss that I am going in April and he is gutted, offered a sabatical so that I can come back if things dont go well. If you are like me the worry is having no job secured down under, feels mad leaving a good job with prospects and having nothing lined up. This I suppose is the gamble and although scared it does feel exciting at the same time.

Cheryl
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:07 am
Just Joined

HFamily will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The_Wookie

Scary stuff!

Good to see so many people in the same boat.

Finally decided to accept my offer, after what feels like years of not sures. In reality only a couple of months.

Told my boss, and the same as you finally the company is going well, at the time i decide to move on !! great.

But no looking back.

Good luck to us all
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Nicki Kefford is just really niceNicki Kefford is just really niceNicki Kefford is just really niceNicki Kefford is just really niceNicki Kefford is just really niceNicki Kefford is just really niceNicki Kefford is just really niceNicki Kefford is just really nice

Us too!! OH is doing really well at work and got good prospects and having to hand in his notice on Monday - we leave in Feb....so scary, but thanks for the reassurance that there are many people in the same boat, and anyway, you can always do just aswell on the other side of the world!!!!!!

Good luck to all,

Nicki
Old Dec 14th 2007, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I agree that the biggest fear is going out to Oz with no job lined up. It scares me silly.

Luckily we're staying with my wife's parents for a few weeks to get ourselves sorted, but I do worry that I'll have to take a pretty big step down in my search for work. As I said I helped set up the company I'm at, and there's nothing else really like it around.

Ah I'm sure it will work out for us all!!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Hunsletlad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
Have just handed in my resignation meaning that I can actually go in March now... knees are trembling... I think I need a beer to calm my nerves...

What makes it even worse is that everything is going well at work with good prospects... normally people go when things are bad!
There's an ad on the telly here in OZ trying to get people to visit the Kakaudu National Park in the Northern Territory. Along with some great footage the punchline is "You'll never never know if you never never go".

Goodonya - and welcome in advance

Les
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:47 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hunsletlad
There's an ad on the telly here in OZ trying to get people to visit the Kakaudu National Park in the Northern Territory. Along with some great footage the punchline is "You'll never never know if you never never go".

Goodonya - and welcome in advance

Les
Cheers, what makes it even harder is that I don't have a job lined up yet (will start looking in March) and I am going on my own as OH has changed her mind and we have split up... so will be totally alone... but it will be a challenge

As you say if you don't try you will never know...
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

An email went round work this week advertising my job internally and as I am sat next to the HR manager I heard her phoning up the agencies trying to get someone to fill my post It felt so strange.

It's odd because most jobs have a shelf life where in the end you are ready to move on but when you move areas/countries you have to give up your jobs when you arn't quite ready (well I'm not).

But .. he ho, that's life. Just look to the future and it will all come good, you'll see.

Mandy
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Handed mine in yesterday, at last wooohoooo. I have had so many downs at work its just great to know that I am going, they said I can come back if things didn't work out againthey nearly sacked me 18 months ago work that one out.

Unlike wifey (scrawni2) I am glad to be leaving work.