Wikiposts

Oh crap

Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:26 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Oh crap

Blinkin Friday the 13th! I have to stew for a few weeks to see whether I get a speeding ticket now as I think I got zapped on my way to work this evening by a crafty cop on his bike. There were 3 of us driving in 2 lanes so I dont know whether he would have got me or the guy to my left. Can anyone tell me how much the fines are and how many points go on your licence?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:55 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh crap

Originally Posted by meelie
Blinkin Friday the 13th! I have to stew for a few weeks to see whether I get a speeding ticket now as I think I got zapped on my way to work this evening by a crafty cop on his bike. There were 3 of us driving in 2 lanes so I dont know whether he would have got me or the guy to my left. Can anyone tell me how much the fines are and how many points go on your licence?
Is it $150 and 3 points? Not too sure. When we validated we got a fine (found us all the way back to the UK!). I'm sure that's what it was.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:12 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Is it $150 and 3 points? Not too sure. When we validated we got a fine (found us all the way back to the UK!). I'm sure that's what it was.

Cheers

Ginny
$150!!!! Blinkin daylight robbery! Or should I say nighttime robbery seeing as it happened at night! What annoys me is the cops are so devious about it, you couldn't see him until you were almost passing!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:17 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

$150!!!! Blinkin daylight robbery! Or should I say nighttime robbery seeing as it happened at night! What annoys me is the cops are so devious about it, you couldn't see him until you were almost passing!
My husband got 1 point and 100 dollar fine when we were over for our validation trip
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:19 am
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by sme
My husband got 1 point and 100 dollar fine when we were over for our validation trip
how many K's over was he?
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:39 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

how many K's over was he?

18 - 98 in an 80 zone......hes awful, got loads of points on his license in UK
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:40 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't seem to make out the system here. I got a $134 fine and 3 points for doing 67 in a 60 along Beach Road and then I got another $134 fine but only 1 point for doing 71 in a 60 in Hastings.

I have now got a myself a bike to save on points!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:08 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly differs per state. Seems WA is also one of the ones with a bit lower fines.

In WA, if you're less than 10k's over, it's only $50, and no demerit points.
I think 10-15 k's over is $100 and 1 demerit point, and it keeps going up.
Something like that.
But then, look out if it's double demerits!!! Which was all of the xmas and new year season.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:12 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to know the do's and don'ts about radar guns and speed cameras, I came across a book in UK about the legal loop holes with the radars and cameras in the UK. However, there seems to be big clamp on finding out information on the radars and cameras in OZ.

ZX.......
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:45 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
I'd like to know the do's and don'ts about radar guns and speed cameras, I came across a book in UK about the legal loop holes with the radars and cameras in the UK. However, there seems to be big clamp on finding out information on the radars and cameras in OZ.

ZX.......
Mmm yeah I'd like to know too as I'm sure it was illicit!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus

ZX.......
There was a guy in Sydney who insisted that his fine must have been wrong - they went back and found out there was something wrong with the camera. We drove past one today, absolutely no warning but fortunately I was back seat driving and chewing hubby's ear off just before.
I don't get how they won't let you have a scanner like Road Angel (illegal) but they will publish where the camera's are going to be ???