offroading Brisbane

Old May 2nd 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

jofun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default offroading Brisbane

Hi All

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our 4x4 this month and wondered if anyone had any suggestions of good places to head to for a bit of offroading action....Even better if anyone is heading out towards the end of the month and wouldn't mind us tagging along would be great to hear from you..

Cheers

Jo
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: offroading Brisbane

Originally Posted by jofun
Hi All

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our 4x4 this month and wondered if anyone had any suggestions of good places to head to for a bit of offroading action....Even better if anyone is heading out towards the end of the month and wouldn't mind us tagging along would be great to hear from you..

Cheers

Jo
The Gateway's a good spot
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:09 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Cheers

Jo
What 4WD have you got coming ? It may dictate where you can go. I'm keen to get my new pathfinder dirty before I head outback in July as its got a new setup suspension etc and I want to make sure its all ready for a long run.

Otherwise - go into ARB or any other 4WD shop and pick yourself up a copy of Dirty Weekends in SE Queensland. It has some absolutely top routes to take all over this neck of the woods from Fraser to Straddie, Morton and so on.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Cheers

Jo
North Straddie Island is a good start. Lots of beach drives, and a few inland, not too challenging trails. And some beautiful stop off points.

And we did it in an X-trail, so its really not that challenging for a real 4x4, but it is worth it.

I've got a mate in work who did the Simpson desert last year in his Land rover discovery, and this year he is doing the gulf of Carpentaria. The thing is, he has a 2 year old and a 4 year old, and he takes them with him .

He takes the piss out of my Xtrail

JTL
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all..

Thanks for the info...will check out further...We've got a landrover defender coming....can't wait hopefully get our hands on it in about 2-3 weeks had to be done....its a defender thing i guess..
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The Gateway's a good spot
There's a lovely tunnel construction site off Lutwyche Road too.....anyone that causes agro to that project gets my vote
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Centurion
What 4WD have you got coming ? It may dictate where you can go. I'm keen to get my new pathfinder dirty before I head outback in July as its got a new setup suspension etc and I want to make sure its all ready for a long run.

Otherwise - go into ARB or any other 4WD shop and pick yourself up a copy of Dirty Weekends in SE Queensland. It has some absolutely top routes to take all over this neck of the woods from Fraser to Straddie, Morton and so on.
outback in July...sounds interesting...how long you going for?? We defo have plans to do a long trip at some stage...will need to get the vehicle all geared up first with whats required...most important the beer fridge!! lol...as we came over from dubai and had landys there we already have most of the stuff we require..roof tent, fridge etc etc.....there is always plenty more that can be added though isn't there!
Old May 3rd 2008, 12:38 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all..

Thanks for the info...will check out further...We've got a landrover defender coming....can't wait hopefully get our hands on it in about 2-3 weeks had to be done....its a defender thing i guess..
Good choice - top off roader!!!

If I had the money, would be my first choice!
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:00 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps take a hike up Landcruiser park. For your first off road jaunt.

Just google them.

Ste
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Perhaps take a hike up Landcruiser park. For your first off road jaunt.

Just google them.

Ste
Cheers for that...looks like a good place to start.....
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Good choice - top off roader!!!

If I had the money, would be my first choice!
I guess once you owned one its difficult to change to anything else....yeah slightly on the pricey side new and the resale values seem to hold as well even with high mileage...we intend on keeping it for life..in order to justify the price!!
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:37 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

I guess once you owned one its difficult to change to anything else....yeah slightly on the pricey side new and the resale values seem to hold as well even with high mileage...we intend on keeping it for life..in order to justify the price!!
Whats the damage on a New Defender then ?

Are these V8 petrol, or the 2.8/2.5 tdi's ?

Always liked them myself too... and slightly more upmarkey than the county.. and the first landy i had , which had the manual over ride inside for the wipers lol.

Ste
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Whats the damage on a New Defender then ?

Are these V8 petrol, or the 2.8/2.5 tdi's ?

Always liked them myself too... and slightly more upmarkey than the county.. and the first landy i had , which had the manual over ride inside for the wipers lol.

Ste
Damage is..ohh dare i say..54 on road...its got the modified version of the ford transit engine, 2.4turbo deisel..!!!!!they don't make V8's anymore unfortunately! we Test drove one and it pulls well and has a new 6 gear speed box is quieter than they used to be! also new ac and heater which seem to work well!! I had a 2003-90(county) td5 previously as well and my husband had a 2001 110 double cab pickup( lara croft tomb raider limited edition LOL) so we know what they are like..managed to get a few good trips in the tomb raider in oman and the uae empty quater so well looking forward to getting offroad over here as you can imagine...
What did you decide on then?Something a bit more comfy??
Old May 3rd 2008, 10:47 am
Banned

Damage is..ohh dare i say..54 on road...its got the modified version of the ford transit engine, 2.4turbo deisel..!!!!!they don't make V8's anymore unfortunately! we Test drove one and it pulls well and has a new 6 gear speed box is quieter than they used to be! also new ac and heater which seem to work well!! I had a 2003-90(county) td5 previously as well and my husband had a 2001 110 double cab pickup( lara croft tomb raider limited edition LOL) so we know what they are like..managed to get a few good trips in the tomb raider in oman and the uae empty quater so well looking forward to getting offroad over here as you can imagine...
What did you decide on then?Something a bit more comfy??
We have

A 2006 Pathfinder
A 2005 Triton
and
A 1994 Shogun

Old May 3rd 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

We have

A 2006 Pathfinder
A 2005 Triton
and
A 1994 Shogun

are you sure you have enough 4x4's....ha ha coming from where we've been (come from)anyone would think you had 2 or 3 wives....must say i do like the new pathfinder....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.