Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Office party - carnage!

Wikiposts

Office party - carnage!

Old Apr 22nd 2006, 12:35 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Office party - carnage!

Dangerous things - office parties.

My wife went to a 50th Birthday celebration last night. As she is a medical secretary, you can imagine the medical crowd and them being ever so slightly bonkers (they have to be to do what they do).

So where's the carnage? I hear you shout. Well I'm not completely sure TBH. I know that the 50th Birthday Boy got a snog from another of the med secs and that med sec phoned up the wife this morning for a heart to heart feeling very guilty. And that said med sec got told off by another med sec for said snogging! An anaethatist was hitting on my wife - I've no idea how that played out, but she has been all but begging for me to fulfil my marital duties this morning... and this I have done by taking care of the kids and bringing her iced tea and Panadol all morning.

Why do we do it to ourselves....booze fuelled office parties hey? Anyone got any good stories?
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 1:00 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Office party - carnage!

Originally Posted by Buttockup
Dangerous things - office parties.

My wife went to a 50th Birthday celebration last night. As she is a medical secretary, you can imagine the medical crowd and them being ever so slightly bonkers (they have to be to do what they do).

So where's the carnage? I hear you shout. Well I'm not completely sure TBH. I know that the 50th Birthday Boy got a snog from another of the med secs and that med sec phoned up the wife this morning for a heart to heart feeling very guilty. And that said med sec got told off by another med sec for said snogging! An anaethatist was hitting on my wife - I've no idea how that played out, but she has been all but begging for me to fulfil my marital duties this morning... and this I have done by taking care of the kids and bringing her iced tea and Panadol all morning.

Why do we do it to ourselves....booze fuelled office parties hey? Anyone got any good stories?
I used to work for Telewest Broadband, and that's a story in itself. I have a wealth of anecdotes from that place which would leave you looking like this:

One of the first things I learned was that the sales reps were prohibited from attending the annual Christmas party. Apparently they had started a fist-fight during the last one, and the managers decided that this wasn't a particularly good advertisement for the company.