Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Off topic from Coronavirus thread.

Off topic from Coronavirus thread.

Old Jul 16th 2020, 10:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off topic from Coronavirus thread.

Originally Posted by Beoz
Can you show me where the "Ignore" button has gone since the last revamp of BE? Your time has come. I no longer have a need for you.
Why would you put someone on ignore? To ignore is ignorant

Some of BE's biggest losers (aka keyboard cowards) have posters on ignore
Old Jul 16th 2020, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Yes that's right, Garry has you on ignore.

However I agree with you. Its silly, but its not really for me. I do find it entertaining, but its more for others. We have been told that bickering turns off other posters, so given this particular poster has pot shots at me all over the place, if I don't play his game, then he won't bother, and it keeps the rest happy.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 4:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

However I agree with you. Its silly, but its not really for me. I do find it entertaining, but its more for others. We have been told that bickering turns off other posters, so given this particular poster has pot shots at me all over the place, if I don't play his game, then he won't bother, and it keeps the rest happy.
For the others? There's only 3 and its because if you, you're delusional bozo.
Old Jul 18th 2020, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I do find myself in rare agreement with above poster. Why take it so seriously? Simply disengage if not up to the hard cut thrust of forum banter.
Hardly too divorced by real life scenarios these days, be that in a board meeting or management dispute. A lot of ill feeling and backstabbing all round.
In fact a forum as this, is akin almost to 'time out' from the bruises incurred by 'normal living' on a fairly regular basis.
Old Jul 18th 2020, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
For the others? There's only 3 and its because if you, you're delusional bozo.
I find the banter, rather relaxing after another day on the coal face. A shame that particular poster, 'who can give it out' at will, I know as I've been in receipt
of quite a bit of his play, but never found it hard to deflect or usually completely demolish by means of argument) feels so badly 'beaten up' that they feel the need to
put another on ignore.
But obviously their entitlement to do so, although never had them down as some 'declining wall flower.'
Old Jul 18th 2020, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I find the banter, rather relaxing after another day on the coal face. A shame that particular poster, 'who can give it out' at will, I know as I've been in receipt
of quite a bit of his play, but never found it hard to deflect or usually completely demolish by means of argument) feels so badly 'beaten up' that they feel the need to
put another on ignore.
But obviously their entitlement to do so, although never had them down as some 'declining wall flower.'
it wasn't banter I really don't like him
Old Jul 20th 2020, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
put another on ignore.
I put him on Ignore because we are told bickering drives people away. I don't for a minute believe this to be true but let's give it a shot.

What you tend to get is an argument against some pretty strange ideals. You typically don't get called names (well you have been called Herman) or internet bullied. Now all this is fine, I as you are, are quite happy to have fun with it, but going back to the first paragraph some are not, and because the poster in question can't argue the argument but instead attacks the individual, apparently this is not what is liked.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 9:13 am
Account Closed

I put him on Ignore because we are told bickering drives people away. I don't for a minute believe this to be true but let's give it a shot.

What you tend to get is an argument against some pretty strange ideals. You typically don't get called names (well you have been called Herman) or internet bullied. Now all this is fine, I as you are, are quite happy to have fun with it, but going back to the first paragraph some are not, and because the poster in question can't argue the argument but instead attacks the individual, apparently this is not what is liked.
take credit where its due bozo, its you thats driven people away, and everybody knows it. Except you it seems.
Old Jul 20th 2020, 11:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off topic from Coronavirus thread.

If it got to a point where I was putting people on ignore, it would be time to leave BE
Old Jul 20th 2020, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If it got to a point where I was putting people on ignore, it would be time to leave BE
Will you miss it?
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

abner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond reputeabner has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you put someone on ignore? To ignore is ignorant.
I'd agree, if it wasn't even more ignorant to continue feeding a troll. And unfortunately, there are some such, even on an actively moderated forum like BE.

Or, if it wasn't so annoying to get constant e-mail notices about new posts concerning threads one is otherwise interested in, triggered by posters who repeatedly post but have little to say.

Old Jul 22nd 2020, 5:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Will you miss it?
To be honest? I probably would

Despite all the other online/mobile options available, I keep coming back here - albeit not as frequently as before. Saying that, if BE was no longer viable, I'm sure I'd survive!
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To be honest? I probably would

!
Me too. It may not be indefinite. Just a little experiment.