Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Off topic from Coronavirus thread.

Off topic from Coronavirus thread.

Old Jul 13th 2020, 1:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off topic from Coronavirus thread.

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
haha, aurora was gutted lol, 24 was a long long time ago

ah ya poor thing, chin up, ill have a beer with you

I think we could have a great few beers together, if the chance ever arose!!
Old Jul 14th 2020, 4:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think we could have a great few beers together, if the chance ever arose!!
I hope you're borderline alcoholic, I had my first one at 9 this morning haha. On the up side I'm having to go back to work 4 days early so my liver is grateful at least
Old Jul 14th 2020, 4:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you're borderline alcoholic, I had my first one at 9 this morning haha. On the up side I'm having to go back to work 4 days early so my liver is grateful at least
You would be the perfect drinking partner! Bernieboy and I were the resident BE alcoholics years ago, but now he is back in the Uk and life has never been the same since I'm sure he would agree I will match you pint for pint
Old Jul 14th 2020, 5:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You would be the perfect drinking partner! Bernieboy and I were the resident BE alcoholics years ago, but now he is back in the Uk and life has never been the same since I'm sure he would agree I will match you pint for pint
you know whenbyou have a friend like that, my friend Pete went to Canada and I was literally in mourning for a week. Soul mate is probably the best term. If I ever get shipped wo Queensland we'll get it on, I want to show my wife the bits of aus I've seen through work and the promise of a piss up makes it all the more worthy
Old Jul 16th 2020, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

firstly, apologies to bevs and penny for overstepping. What is it about you that you need to be a prick every time you talk to someone in here? Bev is a lovely lady who doesn't ask to be spoken to like she's an idiot, but you do it anyway. I think I speak for many people on here when I say why don't you piss off and leave this board to people who don't feel the need to be dicks to everyone. When I first emigrated this forum was great fun and informative, supportive and helpful. You've almost single handedly stopped most people coming here, for what reason I can only guess. Look you've gone and triggered me now, but in general people come the big man look at me routine when their personal life is quite the opposite. Were you to admit to to actually being human you'd find a lot more friendly ears in here, and find out that most peoples default setting is kind. Just stop it mate, you're ruining it for everyone. Again apologies to mods, but when I think about what this board used to be, and could be again, it kind of makes me a bit sad.
Back from a few days mountain biking and camping - no phone. It was beautiful. Did you miss me?

You might think you are riding the high moral ground but you are not. Your behaviour is erratic at best. If Bev and I wish to have a debate about the merits of elimination strategies then let it go, its not for you to antagonize, however its clear that antagonism float your boat, which is also fine, but holding the high moral ground is hypocrisy of the highest order, now where were we........ next post.

Old Jul 16th 2020, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Is this Crossroads Hotel an amazing pub or something? It seems like half of Sydney was there in the past two weeks.
No idea, but I believe it is literally at the crossroads, where a lot of people travelling on the motorway can stop in. It looks like a large venue and an infectious place.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 2:02 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
No idea, but I believe it is literally at the crossroads, where a lot of people travelling on the motorway can stop in.
Are there many thirsty people driving down the motorway while weighing up if they should get an ice coffee or pint with a chaser?
Old Jul 16th 2020, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Are there many thirsty people driving down the motorway while weighing up if they should get an ice coffee or pint with a chaser?
Not sure. I don't get out there much and if I do I am driving through. Much nicer places for a quick pint in the southern highlands
Old Jul 16th 2020, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Back from a few days mountain biking and camping - no phone. It was beautiful. Did you miss me?

You might think you are riding the high moral ground but you are not. Your behaviour is erratic at best. If Bev and I wish to have a debate about the merits of elimination strategies then let it go, its not for you to antagonize, however its clear that antagonism float your boat, which is also fine, but holding the high moral ground is hypocrisy of the highest order, now where were we........ next post.
didn't miss you in the slightest bozo, spent my time reading through the karma I received, seems everyone enjoyed your holiday. It was great without you here, shame your absence had to end. Nothing moral about my high ground, youre a **** and I'm not. As for erratic, you mean I'm civil to everyone except you? Again, that's because you're a ****, and one who can't take a hint.go away and be the little fish you are in real life, and be happy with it instead of being a superficial tosser on the internet.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 16th 2020 at 4:57 am.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The facts of this are interesting. I will cross out the unnecessary lecture at the end. I am sure 12 year olds living in Sarajevo in 1992 might not think their life was so blessed.

Imagine you were born in 1900.

When you're 14, World War I begins and ends when you're 18 with 22 million dead.

Soon after a global pandemic, the Spanish Flu, appears, killing 50 million people. And you're alive and 20 years old.

When you're 29 you survive the global economic crisis that started with the collapse of the New York Stock Exchange, causing inflation, unemployment and famine.

When you're 33 years old the nazis come to power.

When you're 39, World War II begins and ends when you're 45 years old with a 60 million dead. In the Holocaust 6 million Jews die.

A child born in 1975 and is now 45 thinks his grandparents have no idea how difficult life is, but they have survived several wars and catastrophes.

Today we have all the comforts in a new world, amid a new pandemic. But we complain because we need to wear masks. We complain because we must stay confined to our homes where we have food, electricity, running water, wifi, even Netflix! None of that existed back in the day. But humanity survived those circumstances and never lost their joy of living.

A small change in our perspective can generate miracles. We should be thankful that we are alive.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

didn't miss you in the slightest bozo, spent my time reading through the karma I received. It was great without you here, shame your absence had to end. Nothing moral about my high ground, youre a **** and I'm not. As for erratic, you mean I'm civil to everyone except you? Again, that's because you're a ****, and one who can't take a hint.
Can you show me where the "Ignore" button has gone since the last revamp of BE? Your time has come. I no longer have a need for you.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 7:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you show me where the "Ignore" button has gone since the last revamp of BE? Your time has come. I no longer have a need for you.
Go into your Control Panel, look down on the left hand side - 'Edit Ignore list', Add name and hit Okay. Simples.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 7:57 am
Account Closed

Unnecessary yes, untrue? Probably not. Sorry for getting angry, but surely you noticed the up turn in the forum, like those first shoots of grass coming up after a bush fire, imagine if you could put out the fire permanently
Old Jul 16th 2020, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Go into your Control Panel, look down on the left hand side - 'Edit Ignore list', Add name and hit Okay. Simples.
Thank you.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 10:22 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Or if, like me, you'd forget what the name was before you did all that, you can click on the user's name on a post, go to their profile, click on 'user list' and add to ignore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.