Wikiposts

Off to Oz we go

Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off to Oz we go

We fly tomorrow.

It is manic this side. They are loading the container now. I'm at a friends house on her PC. We're staying the night with them and she's taking us to Heathrow tomorrow morning 8am.

The packing house is very very stressful with little toddlers - we did have friends watching them most of yesterday but I wish I had organised someone for today as they are so wired up at the moment.

I take my hat off to people who do self packing - my hubby reakons it would have taken us 2 weeks to pack our household if we had done it ourselves.

GB Liners have been fantastic. We had 3 happy friendly Polish chaps do our packing. They really are fast - I had read on here how fast they pack but didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.

Huge tip for about cleaning: Start as soon as you can and take stuff down from the loft and check that it is properly clean - we spent the whole of yesterday still cleaning DIY stuff and tools and old plastic garden table and chairs that we forgot would need to be cleaned and other stuff from the loft needed to wiped clean. The cleaning takes ages and it really helps when you have sunny weather as the stuff dries quickly in the sun. So if you fly out in the UK winter - plan the cleaning phase well as you'll need more time for your stuff to dry.

Cheers for now everyone, good luck for those travelling soon.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off to Oz we go

Originally Posted by Luma
We fly tomorrow.

It is manic this side. They are loading the container now. I'm at a friends house on her PC. We're staying the night with them and she's taking us to Heathrow tomorrow morning 8am.

The packing house is very very stressful with little toddlers - we did have friends watching them most of yesterday but I wish I had organised someone for today as they are so wired up at the moment.

I take my hat off to people who do self packing - my hubby reakons it would have taken us 2 weeks to pack our household if we had done it ourselves.

GB Liners have been fantastic. We had 3 happy friendly Polish chaps do our packing. They really are fast - I had read on here how fast they pack but didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.

Huge tip for about cleaning: Start as soon as you can and take stuff down from the loft and check that it is properly clean - we spent the whole of yesterday still cleaning DIY stuff and tools and old plastic garden table and chairs that we forgot would need to be cleaned and other stuff from the loft needed to wiped clean. The cleaning takes ages and it really helps when you have sunny weather as the stuff dries quickly in the sun. So if you fly out in the UK winter - plan the cleaning phase well as you'll need more time for your stuff to dry.

You managed to get all your sorting out done then.

All the best hun, have a good flight and keep in touch
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

We fly tomorrow.

Bon voyage Luma have a safe trip over . will be thinking of you.
Mandy
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:37 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

We fly tomorrow.

Have a great trip and hope you like perth , we do !

Where you headed for in perth ?
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it all Luma.
Hope you enjoy
Old Jun 13th 2006, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Luma

Safe journey hun xxxx
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

We fly tomorrow.

Safe journey Luma. Keep us updated when you arrive!

Leigh
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Safe journey Luma. Keep us updated when you arrive!

Leigh
just read your pm, hope you have a good trip tomorrow - let us know when you get there.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:54 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

[SIZE=4]Luma, best of luck to ya and family [/SIZE]
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Off to Oz we go

We fly tomorrow.

Good luck, take care, and don't forget to write!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone.

Have just got back from cleaning house. So finally the house move is completed for me.

I'll keep you updated - when I get access to a internet over there.

PS -
stacey and jordan
Thanks for your PM - I can't reply to your PM for some reason?
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:57 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Happy travels guys. Give us a wave from the plane.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:13 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Luma didn't realise you were off so soon!!

Have a great flight, look forward to hearing your news when you get on the other side!

Take care!

Jackie x
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:15 am

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW!! an exciting few days ahead for you.

hope the flight goes well with the littlies , I sympathise there!!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:28 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have a safe and stress free journey. Good luck with your new life
Don't forget to post your first impressions when you have settled in.

Loz x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.