Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

NSW Treasurer Calls For Migration Cuts

NSW Treasurer Calls For Migration Cuts

Old Nov 21st 2018, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSW Treasurer Calls For Migration Cuts

Originally Posted by Beoz
You are talking tongue in cheek there right?
Very serious. A little historical reading on your part, will uncover how the whole dreadful housing mess kicked off. Surely still not a fan of failed privatisation long proven a dismal failure or trickle down economics? Really are a product of the eighties that being so. Not hard to see why populist politics has kicked off around the world. Not all populist politics the same of course. Important to get on board the right one and not the narrow right wing blame game one.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Shinzō Abe is not agreeing with you.
Gosh a politician not agreeing with me. Whatever next. Facts remain facts though, and Japanese economic status remains close to the job. Quite different from declaring they have a sound economy. Few places do.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Very serious. A little historical reading on your part, will uncover how the whole dreadful housing mess kicked off. Surely still not a fan of failed privatisation long proven a dismal failure or trickle down economics? Really are a product of the eighties that being so. Not hard to see why populist politics has kicked off around the world. Not all populist politics the same of course. Important to get on board the right one and not the narrow right wing blame game one.
Blame game? That's your game because you won't accept a house the burbs.

Sorry but sometimes in life we have to live within our means.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Blame game? That's your game because you won't accept a house the burbs.

Sorry but sometimes in life we have to live within our means.
Thing being of course, is that few Australians are able to 'play any game' these days that won't include a life of a degree of servitude, in jobs less than secure, in order to pay of a market in real estate, that was allowed to get seriously out of control.. Although rental with little security of tenure is increasingly the only option available.
What may be' means', of some folk when sold dodgy loans from corrupt banks, may of course not be a 'means' today or tomorrow.

But don't let any of that bother you, which I know it won't, just continue to applaud the declining living standards, cheer ever more loudly at the growth in inequality, mental heath decline, homelessness, cutting to the welfare to the most needy.

The gloating at the misfortune of ever so many of your countrymen, is hardly a good look. But alas a look all too common in todays self centred Australia. Sometimes there is something called 'values' that oversee the attempt to make economic gain .
But then very clear that you are unwilling and/or unable to debate the issues posed. One liners do not/will not surpass reasoned argument.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Thing being of course, is that few Australians are able to 'play any game' these days that won't include a life of a degree of servitude, in jobs less than secure, in order to pay of a market in real estate, that was allowed to get seriously out of control.. Although rental with little security of tenure is increasingly the only option available.
What may be' means', of some folk when sold dodgy loans from corrupt banks, may of course not be a 'means' today or tomorrow.

But don't let any of that bother you, which I know it won't, just continue to applaud the declining living standards, cheer ever more loudly at the growth in inequality, mental heath decline, homelessness, cutting to the welfare to the most needy.

The gloating at the misfortune of ever so many of your countrymen, is hardly a good look. But alas a look all too common in todays self centred Australia. Sometimes there is something called 'values' that oversee the attempt to make economic gain .
But then very clear that you are unwilling and/or unable to debate the issues posed. One liners do not/will not surpass reasoned argument.
Easy done. I live within my means. I accept my job is as insecure as it was 20 years ago. You can take a lesson out of my book and the majority of others out there. Onwards and upwards for most of us.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Easy done. I live within my means. I accept my job is as insecure as it was 20 years ago. You can take a lesson out of my book and the majority of others out there. Onwards and upwards for most of us.
Your tone does of course change. That from being a humble, suburban Sydneysider living within means, to that of a high flying, out to impress, pretentious and give the appearance of well off, yuppie inspired type, all too common, unfortunately in the Sydney enclosure. (it is a bit of a zoo, in some ways, Sydney)

The whole thing being, as much as you care to repeat it, it is far removed from onwards and upwards. Probably more look to get the hell out to somewhere with less stress, les closed and unfriendly, less work to you drop, less over inflated, less congested, less polluted, less yuppie, less have and have not, less where materialistic values are the altar of worship, less aggressive drivers, less crime, less rain, less crowed beaches, less restrictive night life,

Work insecurity has multiplied many times over recent times. Stagnant wages, falling living standards, lower generational expectations, all bad things that add to the stress and play out in many forms across society.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Probably more look to get the hell out to somewhere with less stress, les closed and unfriendly, less work to you drop, less over inflated, less congested, less polluted, less yuppie, less have and have not, less where materialistic values are the altar of worship, less aggressive drivers, less crime, less rain, less crowed beaches, less restrictive night life,

Work insecurity has multiplied many times over recent times. Stagnant wages, falling living standards, lower generational expectations, all bad things that add to the stress and play out in many forms across society.
Is this Perth? I had no idea. I am sorry to hear about you sad plight.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is this Perth? I had no idea. I am sorry to hear about you sad plight.
No idea is right. I'm afraid Sydney is becoming more sewer like by the day. Thankfully Perth, for its considerable downsides, retains a degree of hope. Sydney has largely lost it.
You remind me of the bloke stuck in the mud, with the tide ever rising. Denying any obvious danger was evident as could still breath. One can only wonder, on the last breath was such over confidence still withstanding?
Probably answer being of course, believed in reincarnation and would surely arise in a better world. May well be your thinking as well.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No idea is right. I'm afraid Sydney is becoming more sewer like by the day. Thankfully Perth, for its considerable downsides, retains a degree of hope. Sydney has largely lost it.
You remind me of the bloke stuck in the mud, with the tide ever rising. Denying any obvious danger was evident as could still breath. One can only wonder, on the last breath was such over confidence still withstanding?
Probably answer being of course, believed in reincarnation and would surely arise in a better world. May well be your thinking as well.
Coming from the self proclaimed, well travelled dude who has never been to Sydney. Like you would know.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coming from the self proclaimed, well travelled dude who has never been to Sydney. Like you would know.
Obviously far more in tune with Sydney than you. Most everybody else is as a matter a fact. Such an over rated, somewhat tedious place, full of superficial people. Recognise yourself? Never too late to reinvent yourself and become a more well founded person in the process.

You being too scared to venture out of the 'Sydney bubble', must indeed make you envious of the travel history of others. I guess the day in 'the hood' (Brixton) as you described it terrified the living day lights out of you.

Last edited by the troubadour; Nov 22nd 2018 at 7:19 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Obviously far more in tune with Sydney than you. Most everybody else is as a matter a fact. Such an over rated, somewhat tedious place, full of superficial people. Recognise yourself? Never too late to reinvent yourself and become a more well founded person in the process.

You being too scared to venture out of the 'Sydney bubble', must indeed make you envious of the travel history of others. I guess the day in 'the hood' (Brixton) as you described it terrified the living day lights out of you.
The jealousy and resentment won't get you anywhere.

Toughen up sport. Perth is ok. Most people accept it's a boom and bust city and ride the waves. I know it's down now (coming back up) but there's no need to drag the rest down with your short comings.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The jealousy and resentment won't get you anywhere.

Toughen up sport. Perth is ok. Most people accept it's a boom and bust city and ride the waves. I know it's down now (coming back up) but there's no need to drag the rest down with your short comings.
t wonder if you are in paid employment? Does someone actually pay you having such poor communication skills, and as for any eye for detail, well non existent. It's Sydney we are discussing, the city you are unable to come to terms with in declining living standards and rather dull and very pretentious.
Sydney likely to drag the rest of the country down, if present decline turns into something, far, far worse.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

t wonder if you are in paid employment? Does someone actually pay you having such poor communication skills, and as for any eye for detail, well non existent. It's Sydney we are discussing, the city you are unable to come to terms with in declining living standards and rather dull and very pretentious.
Sydney likely to drag the rest of the country down, if present decline turns into something, far, far worse.
Speaking of poor communication skills, care to tell us what a "t wonder" is?

Old Nov 22nd 2018, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

The Troubadour, I'm curious... Do you like Australia and are you an expat yourself? Just wondering really because you seem so angry at the country and seem to have a massive opinion on immigration (just my assumption from posts I've read from you).

If the case is that you do hate Australia, that's quite sad. Even when things feel blue there is always something to smile about. I have only been here a few weeks yet already planning to visit Sydney for my birthday early next year. I'm not that big into crowded places (says the girl whose just moved into the city of Adelaide) but everything should be considered trying at least once, you might be pleasantly surprised.
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Speaking of poor communication skills, care to tell us what a "t wonder" is?

Bit like a three year old, when daddy slips on a banana skin, and brat of a child finds it the most funny thing ever. In an adult though it is more likely to be a lack of developmental skills.
Having the make up of a three year old within a fully grown adult male body can't be easy. As someone I once knew would say. "Pity the poor parents"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.