Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

NSW Treasurer Calls For Migration Cuts

NSW Treasurer Calls For Migration Cuts

Old Nov 11th 2018, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSW Treasurer Calls For Migration Cuts

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Most tourists these days, especially Asian, are not concerned much with the beach. They want shopping, buzz, culture and/or outback with the chance to take selfies with some 'cute' Aussie animals.
Perth beaches are 'pretty good' providing one arrives before the wind sets in and sand blows, which is often the case late morning. Probably more North European or British back packer enticing anyway.
Probably because they are all at Bondi. Now in terms of beauty Bondi certainly isn't a patch on most beaches in Sydney, however it has a variety of things to do which is what entices so many tourists .... and I mean thousands every day. It's insane the amount of tourists Bondi supports. And it's not windswept and mostly under 30 degrees which helps.
Old Nov 11th 2018, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Probably because they are all at Bondi. Now in terms of beauty Bondi certainly isn't a patch on most beaches in Sydney, however it has a variety of things to do which is what entices so many tourists .... and I mean thousands every day. It's insane the amount of tourists Bondi supports. And it's not windswept and mostly under 30 degrees which helps.
Bondi, certainly is no beauty, but as certain other world tourist sites has developed a reputation, deserved or not. Bit of a back packers 'central zone' but notice a number of assumed Asian tourists there as well on my infrequent visits to that beach.
Repetition being something that overwhelms any reality with regards to standard of feature in question.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You said

Most tourists these days, especially Asian, are not concerned much with the beach. They want shopping, buzz, culture and/or outback with the chance to take selfies with some 'cute' Aussie animals.
Then said

Bit of a back packers 'central zone' but notice a number of assumed Asian tourists there as well on my infrequent visits to that beach.
Which one is it then? Do Asians like the beach or not? You are getting yourself in a spin.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

You said

Then said

Which one is it then? Do Asians like the beach or not? You are getting yourself in a spin.
You never cease to try to catch me out but something , a little faulty with the connected with the thinking mechanism, me thinks. Both are true. Think a bit before attempting to be smart. Asian tourists are taken on tours that include, as in Perth, the beach. That will of course include Bondi in Sydney. As in Perth, it usually means, a few selfies or group photos, fully attired. Perhaps a quick stroll on the beach then back onto the bus to next destination.
I hope the fog lifts, enabling dual thinking in regards to a future matters, in order to make conclusions, without becoming over taxing to you.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You never cease to try to catch me out but something , a little faulty with the connected with the thinking mechanism, me thinks. Both are true. Think a bit before attempting to be smart. Asian tourists are taken on tours that include, as in Perth, the beach. That will of course include Bondi in Sydney. As in Perth, it usually means, a few selfies or group photos, fully attired. Perhaps a quick stroll on the beach then back onto the bus to next destination.
I hope the fog lifts, enabling dual thinking in regards to a future matters, in order to make conclusions, without becoming over taxing to you.
If that were the case, the Bondi lifeguards wouldn't have a gig.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If that were the case, the Bondi lifeguards wouldn't have a gig.
The gig would be often belligerent, drunken Pommy back packers and tourists, or is natural selection the latest mode and efforts curtailed?
Old Nov 13th 2018, 1:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The gig would be often belligerent, drunken Pommy back packers and tourists, or is natural selection the latest mode and efforts curtailed?
Them too. Indians tend to play a big part these days.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There are schemes in place in the community and at schools to attempt to educate, newly arrived immigrants/refugees from less sea exposed lands , of dangers posed. A number of Afghani, as an example, have fallen foul to large waves, while rock fishing on WA South Coast, over recent years, with the occasional death and several lucky rescues.
Yes Indians have been victims as well. It was only a week after we visited Penguin Island, that two Indian men, part of a family group, sadly drowned, attempting to cross from mainland to island walking. I recall wanting to walk the crossing myself, but others in my party deferred. It is reasonably safe, if keep to the path and don't stray, nor attempt it on high tide.
Not examples of beach drowning's as such, but shows further the vulnerability of certain groups with in the community.
Last beach drowning, I'm aware of in WA, was that of a young Irish WHV fellow that was taken in a rip at Scarborough Beach , perhaps three years back. His brother and another countryman were rescued from same rip, but he sadly perished on the beach.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There are schemes in place in the community and at schools to attempt to educate, newly arrived immigrants/refugees from less sea exposed lands , of dangers posed. A number of Afghani, as an example, have fallen foul to large waves, while rock fishing on WA South Coast, over recent years, with the occasional death and several lucky rescues.
Yes Indians have been victims as well. It was only a week after we visited Penguin Island, that two Indian men, part of a family group, sadly drowned, attempting to cross from mainland to island walking. I recall wanting to walk the crossing myself, but others in my party deferred. It is reasonably safe, if keep to the path and don't stray, nor attempt it on high tide.
Not examples of beach drowning's as such, but shows further the vulnerability of certain groups with in the community.
Last beach drowning, I'm aware of in WA, was that of a young Irish WHV fellow that was taken in a rip at Scarborough Beach , perhaps three years back. His brother and another countryman were rescued from same rip, but he sadly perished on the beach.
If you don't grow up knowing surf then its completely foreign territory. I know plenty of English who are completely at sea (mind the pun) in the surf.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you don't grow up knowing surf then its completely foreign territory. I know plenty of English who are completely at sea (mind the pun) in the surf.
Of course, but considering everything, some decent English surfers as well. One I seem to recall, reached very high rankings. Cornwall of course has Newquay as a surfing HQ. I knew fellows once, that surfed close to Scarborough in Yorks. Don't recall the beach, something Sand, I think.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Of course, but considering everything, some decent English surfers as well. One I seem to recall, reached very high rankings. Cornwall of course has Newquay as a surfing HQ. I knew fellows once, that surfed close to Scarborough in Yorks. Don't recall the beach, something Sand, I think.
Chinese rock fisherman have often found themselves in trouble however many now where life jackets.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Chinese rock fisherman have often found themselves in trouble however many now where life jackets.
Numerous Chinese claim searchers, infamously perished some years back, due to encroaching tides, I think in the north of England, some decade ago. Paid a pittance , I believe, in the slave trade.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 2:45 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 20th 2018, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Morrison until very recently, more than a little happy to support the developers, banks and related rent seekers. Obviously, a man of few convictions, besides staying in power, doing what ever it takes . Hopefully short lived in present role, but the present crop hardly inspires on any side of politics. The nation is in such a mess, debateable just what is soluble.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 5:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Numerous Chinese claim searchers, infamously perished some years back, due to encroaching tides, I think in the north of England, some decade ago. Paid a pittance , I believe, in the slave trade.
They were actually cockle pickers, in Morecombe Bay, in 2004. 21 of them, so not numerous.

Not sure what a claim searcher is, you've lost me there, but I can assure you they were not "slaves" as the UK does not have a slave trade these days. They were not well paid, and were working illegally, but to call them "slaves" is a misuse of the term.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.