Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

NS&I International payment services

NS&I International payment services

Old Mar 27th 2017, 1:02 am
Just Joined

ColinRamsay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NS&I International payment services

Hi there. After 30 years here, I'm trying to set up the international payments service for my NS&I Premium Bonds to have my winnings paid into an Australian bank account.

To prove my identity I must supply a "letter from your local tax authority, which must be dated within the last three months", with copies certified by a "lawyer or attorney". Since tax is done at the end of the year and the return is electronic, this is problematic. Has anyone else gone through this procedure? What alternative documentation could I use? Do they
really mean lawyer/attorney, or would the usual Justice of the Peace suffice?

Many thanks for any help.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 2:03 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NS&I International payment services

Originally Posted by ColinRamsay
Hi there. After 30 years here, I'm trying to set up the international payments service for my NS&I Premium Bonds to have my winnings paid into an Australian bank account.

To prove my identity I must supply a "letter from your local tax authority, which must be dated within the last three months", with copies certified by a "lawyer or attorney". Since tax is done at the end of the year and the return is electronic, this is problematic. Has anyone else gone through this procedure? What alternative documentation could I use? Do they
really mean lawyer/attorney, or would the usual Justice of the Peace suffice?

Many thanks for any help.

You actually get winnings?

My understanding is that you need to seek 'permission' from the ATO to have premium bonds, and I suspect that they will also want to know if you have declared any previous winnings over the course of the last 30 years.

I assume that you do not have a UK account to have them paid into?

S