Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Now't so queer as folk

Now't so queer as folk

Old Jul 18th 2014, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now't so queer as folk

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Would that be the Ilkley of 'Bar Where's That?' fame?
Indeed...although my relatives get upset if you sing 'on Ilkley Moor Bar tat' for some reason.

The atmosphere was electric- even the sheep were jogging along the roads with more enthusiasm than usual. And the number of pretty old guys cycling up hills was astonishing...more energy than I have ever had!
Old Jul 20th 2014, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now't so queer as folk

I always think it's a bit sad when expats completely berate the part of UK that they come from, not just their own town but the entire county (or country in some cases). Everywhere has its good and bad.

I have a friend from Yorkshire who has lived in Auckland in 20 yrs. She loves Auckland and calls it home, but is always proud to say she is from Yorkshire (Wakefield). I have always got the impression that people born and bred in Yorkshire are generally proud of it.

In fact, the locals love to talk up Yorkshire when there is anyone from Lancashire around .