Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Now that I've handed in my notice..........

Now that I've handed in my notice..........

Old May 25th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now that I've handed in my notice..........

Originally Posted by Cameron Clan
Enjoy it and take lots of photos - that's what I'm going to do!

LOL about your work - my hubby finishes Fri 1 June - boss told him to finish up Thursday as end of month and guess what - my hubby works for and english company so he gets the BH on Monday too - so only has to work 3 days next week - lucky sod!!!
I'm sooooooooooo jealous - no chance of me getting away earlier I'm finishes on last day of school term 27 june so not likely!!
PS Enjoy your friday and just think not many now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am having my works leaving do on the 31st and told them all am going to be totally wasted in work on the Fri - I am not expecting to do a full day myself. Not been hammered on a works to before so will be a challenge for them Im sure.

You guys making me jealous of the Thursday finish!! Its not fair!!! (tant tant)

Brisben - leaving BBQ is planned for 9th June with us. haha. How cliche. The funny thing is is htat we have no BBQ utensils/plates or anything haha even chairs for them to sit on. So I think a change of venue maybe on the cards.
Old May 25th 2007, 7:50 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I am having my works leaving do on the 31st and told them all am going to be totally wasted in work on the Fri - I am not expecting to do a full day myself. Not been hammered on a works to before so will be a challenge for them Im sure.

You guys making me jealous of the Thursday finish!! Its not fair!!! (tant tant)

Brisben - leaving BBQ is planned for 9th June with us. haha. How cliche. The funny thing is is htat we have no BBQ utensils/plates or anything haha even chairs for them to sit on. So I think a change of venue maybe on the cards.
Yep I know that one, we have four suitcases and thats about it, the secret is to let someone have the barbecue party so you can kickback and enjoy...

Friday will be a doddle , I mean you won't be doing much work I am sure,.,,

They are still working me to the bone here !!!
Old May 25th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
Yep I know that one, we have four suitcases and thats about it, the secret is to let someone have the barbecue party so you can kickback and enjoy...

Friday will be a doddle , I mean you won't be doing much work I am sure,.,,

They are still working me to the bone here !!!
It gets better - realised today that my team have booked the day off to get over hangovers on June 1st!!!! I couldnt stop laughing - one of the other managers reckons I will finish early that day as I wont have a team to manage. haha. - how bads that????
Old May 26th 2007, 5:16 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cameron Clan
I just want to go!!!!!!!
Gave advance notice that I will leave when schools break up for summer on the 27 June (as I work in a school - in Scotland!)
But now that I have handed in my notice I'm finding the days are dragging and my heart isn't in it anymore.
Trying not to show it too much at work but it's not easy!!
I'm with you!

When I was in the army, I had to give a whole years notice and yet remain, a keen, green, fighting machine, right til the very end!

Hardest year of my life I think!
Old May 26th 2007, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
I'm with you!

When I was in the army, I had to give a whole years notice and yet remain, a keen, green, fighting machine, right til the very end!

Geez!!
Old May 26th 2007, 8:05 am
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
I'm with you!

And here was me thinking 5 weeks is going to be bad!!!!!!! I always said just because I'm leaving doesnt mean I'll take the foot of the pedal workwise, that I will continue to do my job the way I always have but I myust admit when you know you are going - you know others around you are adapting to how they will manage your job when they go so they move on then I find Im not as dedicated as I used to be - still do a good job - but not busting my guts anymore... I think the girls in my office are fed up already with folk always coming in and asking about Oz as I have said about 30 million times when we are moving out, when we are flying etc etc

Be glad to be able to finish work and just enjoy last month in Scotland with those I choose to be with!!