Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Now that I've handed in my notice..........

Now that I've handed in my notice..........

Old May 24th 2007, 6:18 am
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now that I've handed in my notice..........

I just want to go!!!!!!!
Gave advance notice that I will leave when schools break up for summer on the 27 June (as I work in a school - in Scotland!)
But now that I have handed in my notice I'm finding the days are dragging and my heart isn't in it anymore.
Trying not to show it too much at work but it's not easy!!
Old May 24th 2007, 6:54 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now that I've handed in my notice..........

Originally Posted by Cameron Clan
I just want to go!!!!!!!
Gave advance notice that I will leave when schools break up for summer on the 27 June (as I work in a school - in Scotland!)
But now that I have handed in my notice I'm finding the days are dragging and my heart isn't in it anymore.
enjoy the last few weeks before you go, go and visit places at the weekends and take lots of pictures inside your head, because you will miss those sights after a while. I love here in Aus but i still miss seeing some of the sights around scotland
you'll be surprised at just how quickly the time will come round, especially when your also trying to fit in visiting friends and rellies etc, and not too mention packing uo a house lol, so i'd imagine you'll be pretty busy between now and then,
best of luck to you, hope all goes well
Old May 24th 2007, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to go!!!!!!!
We were the same - we are leaving work on June 1st and the days just arent the same at work anymore, ours started when we told work our leaving dates - I try to stay busy, but the busyness just isnt helping. But the drive home from work now feels really good and I get a boost from that. I have found I try to skive now whereas I didnt before.

If anyone has any hints on how to make time go faster its appreciated.
Old May 24th 2007, 7:55 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to go!!!!!!!
I agree I have next week only and finish on the 1st June, but it is hard as the days drag by, I am still finding myself getting stressed in the job as I did before , I am trying to let go a little but it isn't happening.

Just grit your teeth and bear it out mate, I know how you feel !
Old May 24th 2007, 7:55 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

all the best.
and make sure you "enjoy" it when you get on that plane you will suddenly think its gone far too quick
Old May 24th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
I agree I have next week only and finish on the 1st June, but it is hard as the days drag by, I am still finding myself getting stressed in the job as I did before , I am trying to let go a little but it isn't happening.

Just grit your teeth and bear it out mate, I know how you feel !
You too!! its sooo boring isnt it??? didnt realise you finish on the same day as us. I am also still getting stressed and wound up. I am on a high profile project at the moment - which I wanted finalised by the end of next week and I keep thinking I am not going to be around now for its completion or see its impact on the business!! I know I can ring them, but wanted to put closure to a lot of stuff as I left.

Its not going to happen. Paul has his leaving do which is going to be massive (from what people are saying) on June 1st too, I will be at work having my own leaving do the night before, but he is dreading it. He is the same as us and cant wait to get it over and done with. He said its wierd because its as though we are going on holiday, but we arent ever coming back. Leaving a company and people you enjoy working for and have done for the past 20yrs is hard.
Old May 24th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thewoodz
all the best.
and make sure you "enjoy" it when you get on that plane you will suddenly think its gone far too quick
will look forward to that then. x
Old May 24th 2007, 8:11 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
You too!! its sooo boring isnt it??? didnt realise you finish on the same day as us. I am also still getting stressed and wound up. I am on a high profile project at the moment - which I wanted finalised by the end of next week and I keep thinking I am not going to be around now for its completion or see its impact on the business!! I know I can ring them, but wanted to put closure to a lot of stuff as I left.

Its not going to happen. Paul has his leaving do which is going to be massive (from what people are saying) on June 1st too, I will be at work having my own leaving do the night before, but he is dreading it. He is the same as us and cant wait to get it over and done with. He said its wierd because its as though we are going on holiday, but we arent ever coming back. Leaving a company and people you enjoy working for and have done for the past 20yrs is hard.

it must be although I had a job for 12 years I left last year and started where I am now, I have only been here 12 months so the break isn't so hard for me.

I am not having a leaving do, I am sneaking out the back door

Enjoy it tho and fill your days with B.E., Watching exchange rates and looking at property and cars in Australia...
Old May 24th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh you know the daily ropes too well Brisbane.

You missed go for walks around the estate to stop boredom in an empty house though!!
Old May 24th 2007, 9:35 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

We totally know how you feel. Mike is in the midst of a 3 month notice period and has to work til mid July...nightmare!!!

One thing we are doing is taking a camera everywhere that means anything to us and taking loads of photos. Sometimes I just snap away as we're driving around. Silly things like a favourite pub or restaurant from years ago, we even took a shop of the wee shopping centre in Glasgow where we used to get our ironing done (before kids when we had loads of £s lol). It's actually great to go home and look at them all. And hopefully, in years to come, when it all looks different, our memories will be intact.

Got to admit, was inspired to do this by looking at Soapy's photos he took of all his old Glasgow haunts.
Old May 24th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by herrchook
We totally know how you feel. Mike is in the midst of a 3 month notice period and has to work til mid July...nightmare!!!

One thing we are doing is taking a camera everywhere that means anything to us and taking loads of photos. Sometimes I just snap away as we're driving around. Silly things like a favourite pub or restaurant from years ago, we even took a shop of the wee shopping centre in Glasgow where we used to get our ironing done (before kids when we had loads of £s lol). It's actually great to go home and look at them all. And hopefully, in years to come, when it all looks different, our memories will be intact.

Got to admit, was inspired to do this by looking at Soapy's photos he took of all his old Glasgow haunts.
we did a memory drive the other week, as you did we went to the really old haunts etc and wished we had our camera, so that is a job will be done before we go too. It was nice to see where we have come from and know where we are going too.

oops just realised on sons BE ID (its CathnPaul this. haha)
Old May 24th 2007, 5:33 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to go!!!!!!!
Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!

I handed in my notice to finish on May 12th then the house sale got put back, so withdrew it.
Still no completion date today but sod it im going to resign and finish June 2nd as there is just so much to do!!!!!
If the house sale falls apart then so be it, we'll have to deal with it when and if it does, eh???!!! C x
Old May 24th 2007, 5:38 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

hey i know the feeling,i was looking for excuses to walk off the job this week..

i found one and i did,,,just had enough now i just want to be there...

dont worry ,youll soon be in the sun..
Old May 24th 2007, 6:20 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

I just want to go!!!!!!!
Handed in ours yesterday, finishing on the 26th June.

Got a serious case of the NFI at work just want to go now.
Old May 24th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

I'm soooooooooo sooooooooooooo desperate to hand in my notice. But I'm still waiting for formal confirmation of my job offer that allows me to get visa so I CAN'T.
It's sooooooo unfair I want to just quit but what happens if it all fell through. It would be bad enough cos I've sold the house and have to move out soon but not having a job as well
I'm such a wimp............. I'm just not brave enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.