Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Now here's a funny question..............

Wikiposts

Now here's a funny question..............

Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Now here's a funny question..............

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Oh please, what utter nonsense talking like thats gonna offend everyone else here
My point EXACTLY

You can't please all of the people all of the time

Now get yer gloves on and I'll see you outside.

Now

Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:30 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, it's Sunday, my day of rest being a good god fearing christian and all, plus Im just about to chill the chardy for this evenings holy communion.
I know Im supposed to use red wine but some get offeded when I raise the glass and say "this is my blood, drink it"
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Sorry, it's Sunday, my day of rest being a good god fearing christian and all, plus Im just about to chill the chardy for this evenings holy communion.
I know Im supposed to use red wine but some get offeded when I raise the glass and say "this is my blood, drink it"
Ah...we have something in common.

I am no longer offended.

Get the wine out and lets have a drinking contest
Old Jan 7th 2006, 7:25 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Ah...we have something in common.

I am no longer offended.

Get the wine out and lets have a drinking contest
The thing that offends me is the fact that you can say something in a conversation to someone (who`ll laugh at it) but someone else could overhear your conversation and report it even though the person you were speaking to didn`t find the comment offensive. This happened to someone I used to work with - she was having a private conversation with someone and called him a lech (in a jokey way)someone else heard and got offended on his behalf and my mate got hauled in to the bosse`s office and was made to apologise for something that the other person wasn`t even bothered about !!
Old Jan 7th 2006, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
The thing that offends me is the fact that you can say something in a conversation to someone (who`ll laugh at it) but someone else could overhear your conversation and report it even though the person you were speaking to didn`t find the comment offensive. This happened to someone I used to work with - she was having a private conversation with someone and called him a lech (in a jokey way)someone else heard and got offended on his behalf and my mate got hauled in to the bosse`s office and was made to apologise for something that the other person wasn`t even bothered about !!
Actually Gobby [eee I loved saying that ]...this happened to me too.....

I worked for a large organisation where two managers who worked for me were talking. One was white and one Asian, both best of mates as well as colleagues and had worked with each other for years. They were in fact both best man at each others wedding and spent as much time with each other outside of work as well as inside work. They were ace at their job and the best thing of all is they worked well together cos they enjoyed each others company.

The white manager said something to the Asian Manager that could have been construed as "un" PC......yet both were laughing their heads off, in fact that's how come I knew about it cos I heard them laughing and went over to find out what was so funny.

Having heard what was said ....I *had* to remind them that this was "not appropriate" in case it offended anyone else, also reminding them of the law and the responsibility I had as their manager to remind them of this [I HAD to do this as the law requires me to ]

I felt the biggest shit going as it was evident it took the edge off their joke and the strangest of all was they were MORE offended with me making them aware of how to be political correct, than they were of the original *un* PC joke itself

As a manager promoting political correctness I HAD to do this by law. How CRAZY is THAT

It seems PC in the world has gone bonkers. Laws were initially put into place to protect people from a few morons who don't treat people right, yet the pendulum seems to have swung to such a degree that it no longer makes sense, even to those it effects

PS. Happy new year BTW m8
Old Jan 7th 2006, 8:06 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Actually Gobby [eee I loved saying that ]...this happened to me too.....

I worked for a large organisation where two managers who worked for me were talking. One was white and one Asian, both best of mates as well as colleagues and had worked with each other for years. They were in fact both best man at each others wedding and spent as much time with each other outside of work as well as inside work. They were ace at their job and the best thing of all is they worked well together cos they enjoyed each others company.

The white manager said something to the Asian Manager that could have been construed as "un" PC......yet both were laughing their heads off, in fact that's how come I knew about it cos I heard them laughing and went over to find out what was so funny.

Having heard what was said ....I *had* to remind them that this was "not appropriate" in case it offended anyone else, also reminding them of the law and the responsibility I had as their manager to remind them of this [I HAD to do this as the law requires me to ]

I felt the biggest shit going as it was evident it took the edge off their joke and the strangest of all was they were MORE offended with me making them aware of how to be political correct, than they were of the original *un* PC joke itself

As a manager promoting political correctness I HAD to do this by law. How CRAZY is THAT

It seems PC in the world has gone bonkers. Laws were initially put into place to protect people from a few morons who don't treat people right, yet the pendulum seems to have swung to such a degree that it no longer makes sense, even to those it effects

PS. Happy new year BTW m8
LOL happy new year to too!!
I know exactly what you mean, people end up tip toeing around each other and conversations can feel strained. I got my nickname after an old boss of mine called me a gobby jock bitch, he wasn`t joking at the time either but I quite liked the name . Everyone in the office started calling me the Gobbyjock it was not meant nastily when they said it and we`d all have a laugh (and it was better than Morag which is what they called me before!!)
Old Jan 7th 2006, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
LOL happy new year to too!!
I know exactly what you mean, people end up tip toeing around each other and conversations can feel strained. I got my nickname after an old boss of mine called me a gobby jock bitch, he wasn`t joking at the time either but I quite liked the name . Everyone in the office started calling me the Gobbyjock it was not meant nastily when they said it and we`d all have a laugh (and it was better than Morag which is what they called me before!!)
LOL....see ...that's what's missing GJ....some people have lost their sense of humour and take themselves too seriously

Political correctness is about respecting our differences in culture and opinion....regardless of colour, race, sex etc...but it's about sharing those opinions. Not about stepping on egg shells for fear of offending one another all the time. Tolerance is what's needed.

We can't be all things to all men....so perhaps more tolerance of each others differences is what's needed
Old Jan 7th 2006, 11:17 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

aww ffs, im too pishe dto think. who cares
In these days of political correctness, people are afraid of saying "the wrong thing" for fear of upsetting one person or another.

If you said something to someone....and they took offence....is it you who is at fault for saying it.....or them for misinterpreting / being too touchy

I'm not talking about out and out racism, sexism etc.....cos this is inexcusable ....I'm talking about differences of opinion. Have people lost the right to their voice for fear of upsetting someone somewhere?

Should we be careful what we're saying......... or should we be careful what we're interpreting?

Or both?

And does this mean we sacrifice our personal opinions for fear of upsetting one person or another?

OK......what's everyone else think?.......

And as for Bix and Soapy....before you say it. Shutupaya face
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy
aww ffs, im too pishe dto think. who cares
Soaps.....even when you're sober you can't think. Who you kiddin
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Soaps.....even when you're sober you can't think. Who you kiddin
now this is one post i cant argue with
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:20 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

the guy next door to us said a bloke up the road had stole his gate when i told him to confront him about it he said 'i would but he might take A FENCE

i'll get me coat
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:08 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
the guy next door to us said a bloke up the road had stole his gate when i told him to confront him about it he said 'i would but he might take A FENCE

i'll get me coat
That post was crap jonni...

Last edited by Ransi; Jan 8th 2006 at 2:10 am.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:10 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
is anyone offended with my choice of words?

tough shit anyway..
Old Jan 8th 2006, 3:06 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

is anyone offended with my choice of words?

tough shit anyway..
i know
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

Say it like it is why don't cha