Wikiposts

Novice Expat!

Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:47 am
Amelie

Default Novice Expat!

Hi to everyone! I'm Amelie, moved to Perth nearly two months ago with my boyfriend, after he was offered a job out here.

Neither of us have been to Australia before, it's been a very busy couple of months, trying to find our feet and so on, especially, considering that we haven't 'officially' lived together before now, we had both always kept our own apartments, even though (most of the time) we always slept at each others, but still, my vinyl collection, my bathroom cabinet, your MP3, your 'match of the day' whatever ! Just needing a little guidance, and the answers to a few Aussie related questions, hope you don't mind!

Amelie x

Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:51 am
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Novice Expat!

WELCOME
Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the mad house.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:55 am
Amelie

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
WELCOME
Thanks so much, feel like I'm hankering for friends on here! I would normally resort to blackmail, give it time

Old Feb 19th 2006, 1:58 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amelie
Thanks so much, feel like I'm hankering for friends on here! I would normally resort to blackmail, give it time
Welcome. Perth's a nice spot!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:00 am
Amelie

Originally Posted by WendyC
Welcome to the mad house.
Hi there WendyC, thankyou for the welcome x

Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:02 am
Amelie

Originally Posted by Buttockup
Welcome. Perth's a nice spot!
So, lost Buttockup, where do you live? Perth is a nice spot, beautiful infact, just different to what I'm used to - London.

Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:13 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to everyone! I'm Amelie, moved to Perth nearly two months ago with my boyfriend, after he was offered a job out here.

Neither of us have been to Australia before, it's been a very busy couple of months, trying to find our feet and so on, especially, considering that we haven't 'officially' lived together before now, we had both always kept our own apartments, even though (most of the time) we always slept at each others, but still, my vinyl collection, my bathroom cabinet, your MP3, your 'match of the day' whatever ! Just needing a little guidance, and the answers to a few Aussie related questions, hope you don't mind!

Amelie x

Hi Amelie

Welcome to the nuthouse

Shirley x
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:12 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. Be intersted to know what you think of WA having never visited before.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:29 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

So, lost Buttockup, where do you live? Perth is a nice spot, beautiful infact, just different to what I'm used to - London.
I'm on an island I can't get off! London's too fast for me. Could have/should have worked there when I was younger - graduated London Uni (but a college in leafy Surrey). What job brings you to Perth?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:39 pm
Amelie

Originally Posted by Buttockup
I'm on an island I can't get off! London's too fast for me. Could have/should have worked there when I was younger - graduated London Uni (but a college in leafy Surrey). What job brings you to Perth?
It's my boyfriends job, he's a photographer, speciality, besides beans on toast is underwater photography, so as well as Perth he will be visiting all over. But he has a good mate out here, so Perth seemed like a good place to settle.

First impressions so far, it's a much slower pace and we are enjoying that, for the moment. You get avocados with everything, the fish tastes beautiful, you drive on the right side of the road thankfully, we are consuming far too much alcohol and Gabe loves using the word 'liquor', he makes it sound rude though.

But we are using our bikes so much more without the stagnation of the city traffic. I like the Kitchen Witch store, but I'm having withdrawl for a Starbucks! My legs are brown and I love the feel of the sun on my skin, it makes you feel so much more in love with life, cameras and equipment seems much cheaper over here, internal flights are very expensive however, note to Stavros to get his orange and white planes over here!

We are spending every spare moment in the sea, but haven't seen any sharks as yet, and I found a store that sells chocolate covered liquorice and hershey's bars, back of the net! Oh, and they play Beth Orton on the radio too!

Old Feb 20th 2006, 1:35 am
Blah Blah Blah

[QUOTE=Amelie]It's my boyfriends job, he's a photographer, speciality, besides beans on toast is underwater photography, so as well as Perth he will be visiting all over. But he has a good mate out here, so Perth seemed like a good place to settle.QUOTE]

I hope you find happiness. There are quite a few expats who are current or ex-busy posters on BE. You must make every effort to go to an expats meet in Perth - they don't bite, and one or two are actually quite nice