British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Nothing to Declare (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/nothing-declare-626911/)

shirlw Aug 21st 2009 9:12 pm

Nothing to Declare

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there such a programme in UK called 'Nothing to declare" which I gather is about immigration to Australia.I live in South Africa but my mum in Scotland told me about this programme and it sounded interesting.We tried to google it and do a search but came up blank.Is there maybe another name for it or have I got it completely wrong?Would really love to try and download it somehow so any help would be appreciated.TIA

Del-Jo Aug 21st 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Nothing to Declare

No your mum is right I watch it quite alot it is called 'Nothing to Declare' and its about Australia's Border Controls its quite good. I think its on Sky One.

Just tried looking it up think its Living that its on.

Jaycee1 Aug 21st 2009 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by shirlw (Post 7865167)
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there such a programme in UK called 'Nothing to declare" which I gather is about immigration to Australia.I live in South Africa but my mum in Scotland told me about this programme and it sounded interesting.We tried to google it and do a search but came up blank.Is there maybe another name for it or have I got it completely wrong?Would really love to try and download it somehow so any help would be appreciated.TIA

There is a program called this on Living tv at 11pm weekday nights
It is also known as Border Security:
http://australianetwork.com/guide/00001387.htm

paulry Aug 21st 2009 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by shirlw (Post 7865167)

I only know it as "nothing to declare". From my own searches there's no episodes available online. The program can get a bit repetitive at times but is quite entertaining too especially in terms of what people try to get away with and how they behave at airports. Some real crazies. :)

shirlw Aug 21st 2009 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jaycee1 (Post 7865175)
There is a program called this on Living tv at 11pm weekday nights
It is also known as Border Security:
http://australianetwork.com/guide/00001387.htm

Thanks for that Jaycee we will take a look:thumbup:

shirlw Aug 21st 2009 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 7865179)
I only know it as "nothing to declare". From my own searches there's no episodes available online. The program can get a bit repetitive at times but is quite entertaining too especially in terms of what people try to get away with and how they behave at airports. Some real crazies. :)

Thanks Paulry.........any others you can think of to look at........or even some decent british comedy which is sadly lacking in South Africa.We have had things like:

Eastenders
Doctors
Benidorm
Shameless
Gimme gimme
Two pints of lager
coupling
only fools and horses repeated to death
Faulty towers repeated to death
porridge ditto
The one with Mrs Bucket?
and a few others I can't remember,so what's good on telly at the moment?

paulry Aug 21st 2009 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by shirlw (Post 7865201)
Thanks Paulry.........any others you can think of to look at........or even some decent british comedy which is sadly lacking in South Africa.We have had things like:

Eastenders
Doctors
Benidorm
Shameless
Gimme gimme
Two pints of lager
coupling
only fools and horses repeated to death
Faulty towers repeated to death
porridge ditto
The one with Mrs Bucket?
and a few others I can't remember,so what's good on telly at the moment?

There's not a lot of good new comedies on the TV in the UK at the moment. Two comedies not in your list but are excellent are The Office and The IT Crowd. Both a good few years old though. Don't you get a good selection on DSTV?

Dreamy Aug 22nd 2009 12:28 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 7865279)
There's not a lot of good new comedies on the TV in the UK at the moment. Two comedies not in your list but are excellent are The Office and The IT Crowd. Both a good few years old though. Don't you get a good selection on DSTV?

Isn't there a new series of The IT Crowd showing in the UK at the moment?

Girl I work with said she saw new episodes on a plane trip, so I hope she's right, I love it :)

shirlw Aug 22nd 2009 11:54 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 7865279)

DSTV is full of ancient repeats of old has beens which is why we have ventured into downloads recently........will look into The IT Crowd thanks:thumbup:

moonpig Aug 22nd 2009 9:15 pm

Try "Outnumbered", absolutely brilliant!:thumbup:

Damson Aug 22nd 2009 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by moonpig (Post 7867494)
Try "Outnumbered", absolutely brilliant!:thumbup:

I was going to say that! Just watched it and had a darned good laugh - not something you can do whilst watching telly at the moment. Although I had my usual chuckle at Simon Cowell's comments on X Factor tonight.

shirlw Aug 23rd 2009 11:03 am

What season is X-Factor now running,is it 5? We are busy watching 3 I think and it gets quite personal between Louis and good'ol Simon!

Will check out "Outnumbered" thanks guys.:thumbup:

paulry Aug 28th 2009 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamy (Post 7865626)
Isn't there a new series of The IT Crowd showing in the UK at the moment?

Girl I work with said she saw new episodes on a plane trip, so I hope she's right, I love it :)

They (channel 4) aired series 3 earlier this year. Not as good as the first two but worth watching.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t.../episode-guide