British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Not sure i got this right...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/not-sure-i-got-right-473307/)

daunted Aug 11th 2007 4:18 pm

Not sure i got this right......

......... :rofl: theres me filling the car of stuff ready to car boot tomorrow and all the neighbours kids come a sniffing SO i now have a box of freebie videos and books at the end of my drive! Not sure i will make a good sales person hey? :rofl: Oh well at least the kids are 'appy!! :D

ANNE&JAY Aug 11th 2007 4:22 pm

Re: Not sure i got this right......

I was thinking of doing a car boot tomorrow but hasn't it forecast showers?
Anne

daunted Aug 11th 2007 4:25 pm

according to Century (see you oop norf) it says supposed to be better tomorrow than today :thumbsup: im doing this ONE boot sale, anything not sold is going to dump before i get home and then everything else that needs to be got rid off is going in a box at teh end of my drive!! Its liek a sunday morning market out there!!!!!!!:eek:

ANNE&JAY Aug 11th 2007 4:28 pm

If the weather is fine I'd better start packing now. Hubby is not going to be pleased he's just sat down with a beer to watch the footie.

daunted Aug 11th 2007 4:32 pm

:rofl: know what you mean! we are going now rain or shine! my car is packed to the roof :D Have managed to sell some stuff to a neighbour for £7 so that means i have already made a profit of £2 once i paid my sellers fee!!!!! :D Im on a roll - i feel it in my waters :D

Katsmajics other half !!! Aug 11th 2007 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 5176988)
:rofl: know what you mean! we are going now rain or shine! my car is packed to the roof :D Have managed to sell some stuff to a neighbour for £7 so that means i have already made a profit of £2 once i paid my sellers fee!!!!! :D Im on a roll - i feel it in my waters :D

Mmmmm those videos:rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl:

daunted Aug 12th 2007 4:19 am

5am - Got up all ready to go and its flipping P****** it down!!! :curse::curse:
Back to bed and gonna blow the car and its contents up in the mornig i reckon :curse:

mum01753 Aug 12th 2007 9:04 am

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 5178574)
5am - Got up all ready to go and its flipping P****** it down!!! :curse::curse:
Back to bed and gonna blow the car and its contents up in the mornig i reckon :curse:

I did a boot sale yesterday with the kids made TWO HUNDRED QUID just getting rid of crap out the loft and around the house came back with quite a bit so gonna do another one in a few weeks once we have cleared out the two sheds.

:)

daunted Aug 12th 2007 9:13 am

Originally Posted by mum01753 (Post 5179011)
I did a boot sale yesterday with the kids made TWO HUNDRED QUID just getting rid of crap out the loft and around the house came back with quite a bit so gonna do another one in a few weeks once we have cleared out the two sheds.

:)

£200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: not sure i will make that much - its all gonna have to be unloaded again today :(

Sam Aug 12th 2007 10:46 am

We did 3 big boot fairs before we came over

made enough to buy the girls a new computer just before we came £500.00 (made to spec through a friend ;))

plus a couple of good meals out! :thumbsup:

Amanda Jayne Aug 12th 2007 12:32 pm

You actually make more money if you can be bothered to do a boot sale as you save on skip fees. I have just paid about £250 for two skips! When we cleared my dad's house after he died our total skip bill came to around £1,000. I look back and think we should have just put everything in the garden and said "come and take it away for FREE". We would have saved the grand. :rofl: