Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Not so cheap pizza Tuesdays

Wikiposts

Not so cheap pizza Tuesdays

Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Not so cheap pizza Tuesdays

Dominos has put its prices up again. This is the second price hike in three months (or so). What used to cost $4.90 now costs $6.90. I had a coupon that offered me a pizza for $5.90 (the price last week) and on showing it to the less-than-articulate Dominos member of staff was told that the price I was being charged was the same. He then looked at the bill and corrected himself and then said that the pizza I had ordered was not a traditional one so would cost more. I told him it wasn't then he looked at my voucher again trying to find an expiry date but could only shake his head (he was doing that a lot) and said that I couldn't use the coupon. Rather than labour the point I said that his prices were too confusing and that the prices have obviously gone up and paid him what his bill wanted.

OK rant over.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:25 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not so cheap pizza Tuesdays

I would have paid the price on the coupon provding it didnt have an expiry... Stuff em
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I got fed up with Dominos messing up our order every time, so switched to Pizza Hut. They get the orders right, but keep putting up their prices too. It seems to be cheaper to order on-line for pick-up, but their website often plays up. I'm almost at the point that I'll make my own, from scratch.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HelenTD
I got fed up with Dominos messing up our order every time, so switched to Pizza Hut. They get the orders right, but keep putting up their prices too. It seems to be cheaper to order on-line for pick-up, but their website often plays up. I'm almost at the point that I'll make my own, from scratch.
Mindful of it being 'cheap' Tuesday and a queue forming behind me I thought it best to let it go.

I too prefer pizza hut but they are miles from me. Oh well I may have to go that route next week.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Eagle Boys have put their prices too

Gone are the $6.95 traditional pizzas, they're now $12! And premiums are $15, up from $9, WTF! How can the price go up that much?
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Eagle Boys have put their prices too

Gone are the $6.95 traditional pizzas, they're now $12! And premiums are $15, up from $9, WTF! How can the price go up that much?
Not too long ago they blamed it on the rising cost of cheese
Old Apr 27th 2010, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
Not too long ago they blamed it on the rising cost of cheese
ah, the old "cheese is priced almighty"
Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

When Pizza Hut do the big oblong Pizzas in store which turn out to be reasonable value they don't do them online...can't win.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

got one last night,im sure they r much smaller too
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
Dominos has put its prices up again. This is the second price hike in three months (or so). What used to cost $4.90 now costs $6.90. I had a coupon that offered me a pizza for $5.90 (the price last week) and on showing it to the less-than-articulate Dominos member of staff was told that the price I was being charged was the same. He then looked at the bill and corrected himself and then said that the pizza I had ordered was not a traditional one so would cost more. I told him it wasn't then he looked at my voucher again trying to find an expiry date but could only shake his head (he was doing that a lot) and said that I couldn't use the coupon. Rather than labour the point I said that his prices were too confusing and that the prices have obviously gone up and paid him what his bill wanted.

OK rant over.
You should have been here about 3 years ago, when the kids had big sleepover parties we would pick up 10 pizzas from dominos $3.95 each with a coupon, and they were twice the size they are now

I hate dominos though, once the guy had given our order to someone else, so he asked us if we would take the other persons order instead when we said no he got really pizzed off, that was the manager, not some poor kid working there.

Aussies still seem to line up out the door for them though, can eat it myself ughh!

Speaking of prices woolworth had rubarb or apple crumbles yesterday, $15.95 each !!!!!! I actually had to check what I was reading was correct yep a crumble like you would get in morrisons for 99p bloody 16 bucks.

Last edited by jad n rich; Apr 27th 2010 at 10:29 am.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jad n rich
You should have been here about 3 years ago, when the kids had big sleepover parties we would pick up 10 pizzas from dominos $3.95 each with a coupon, and they were twice the size they are now

I hate dominos though, once the guy had given our order to someone else, so he asked us if we would take the other persons order instead when we said no he got really pizzed off, that was the manager, not some poor kid working there.

Aussies still seem to line up out the door for them though, can eat it myself ughh!

Speaking of prices woolworth had rubarb or apple crumbles yesterday, $15.95 each !!!!!! I actually had to check what I was reading was correct yep a crumble like you would get in morrisons for 99p bloody 16 bucks.
That is a bloody joke!
What's worse is that Dominos have nothing in their stores or on their website to declare their price increases (I'm sure that sentence is grammatically wrong somewhere).
Old Apr 27th 2010, 6:47 pm
ABCDiamond

What brand was that one ? The Nannas Apple Crumble 550g is $3.98 at Woolworths.

Compared to Tesco's £2.00 (any 2 FOR £4.00) Tescos Apple Crumble 600g.

Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

norfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nice

But you arent in bloody Morrisons!!
Old May 4th 2010, 6:49 pm
ABCDiamond

Well worth doing, they taste much better, we use a base from ALDI

Dominos cheap Tuesday Pizza's are $5.90 here, with voucher.
The normal non-Tuesday price, with Voucher (dated to 11th June 2010) is $7.95.
No idea what the normal, non voucher, price is.

Old May 4th 2010, 6:57 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norfolkpedlar
But you arent in bloody Morrisons!!
I walked into Bi-Lo the other day and hardly anyone had an English accent AND I couldn't find the Battenburg or Porky Scratchings AND they didn't have ONE copy of the Kent Messenger.

Bloody disgrace I tell you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.