Wikiposts

is this normal

Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough
Default is this normal

hi
sorry to sound depresssing but i dont know whats wrong with me.ive planned to go to oz for such a long time and now im leaving in 2 weeks.
on saturday we had a bon voyage party with approx 200 family and friends and its now hit me what im leaving. i feel a wreck crying all the time and thinking i have so many friends here and none in oz..What am i doing.?
trying to remind myself why i am doing this and looking at my kids i know why.so why the hell am i getting so so upsset.I wonder if im crying so much am i making the right move
last week i was on a high dont know whats up
is this normal?
shaz x
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:14 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is this normal

Originally Posted by shazza
hi
sorry to sound depresssing but i dont know whats wrong with me.ive planned to go to oz for such a long time and now im leaving in 2 weeks.
on saturday we had a bon voyage party with approx 200 family and friends and its now hit me what im leaving. i feel a wreck crying all the time and thinking i have so many friends here and none in oz..What am i doing.?
trying to remind myself why i am doing this and looking at my kids i know why.so why the hell am i getting so so upsset.I wonder if im crying so much am i making the right move
is this normal?
shaz x
perfectly normal...dont worry...just chill and enjoy
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Perfectly normal.

Life's an adventure... Embrace it!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:24 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza
hi
is this normal?
shaz x
shaz yes its normal weve all been there...

but try to remember when you are in oz ,that your life in the u.k ,was not one great leaving party...

ast
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the roughshazza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by aston man
shaz yes its normal weve all been there...

but try to remember when you are in oz ,that your life in the u.k ,was not one great leaving party...

ast
thanks to you all ,Ast will think of that should help me stay focused,still bubbling hope i dont have another 2 wks of this.Mother cant speak to me without crying so guess that doesnt help
thanks again
shaz
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:17 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Try to remember this is NOT the last time you will see them all you will be back to see them they will come over to see you, this is just a temporary goodbye

Oz is a whole new ball game enjoy
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanx i feel so silly,i realy want to go and trying to stay positive
great advice
cheers shaz
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Think how you would feel if all of a sudden you couldn't go to Oz after all.
Then be glad that you are still going!

And remember that if you ever need them, there are planes that go back in the other direction too, nothing is forever.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by esperanza
Think how you would feel if all of a sudden you couldn't go to Oz after all.
Then be glad that you are still going!

And remember that if you ever need them, there are planes that go back in the other direction too, nothing is forever.
thanks. feeling ok now for the time being
shaz x
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

I think you sound perfectly normal to me! It's hitting home that you are leaving England and unless you 100% hated the place, didn't have any friends, daily structure or family bonds, then I'd say that your reponse is normal - you are going through a little grieving process - so go with it and allow it, even though it's unpleasant.

Like someone said, if you don't like Oz then you can always change your mind and return back to England - with more life experience under your belt and a satisfaction that you gave it your best shot. It's all good. You're going to have a great life, don't worry!

V.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks v
realy good and wise words.living in scotland heading for brisbane..guess thats just the price i have to pay..im sure life in oz will be so different
shaz x
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Go with the flow Shazza, if you need to cry then do it - at worst you'll release some stress hormones in your tears and feel better afterwards.
It's all part of the process...some parts of it all are great, other parts are not so great, but it'll all be worth it in the end. Keep the end goal in mind - your super new life (which doesn't mean your old life doesn't exist, its just a new chapter for you to discover in the long journey of life).
Keep ya pecker up mate!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the pursers
Go with the flow Shazza, if you need to cry then do it - at worst you'll release some stress hormones in your tears and feel better afterwards.
It's all part of the process...some parts of it all are great, other parts are not so great, but it'll all be worth it in the end. Keep the end goal in mind - your super new life (which doesn't mean your old life doesn't exist, its just a new chapter for you to discover in the long journey of life).
Keep ya pecker up mate!
thanks for that..if things werent bad enough now have sil giving me grief.saying im very selfish and apparantly didnt thank brothers at party for being there for me at times.Told me im thinking of no-one but myself and for every1 who doesnt know me(all u guys) im the very opposite.just wonder why they decide to do this 2 wks before i go....Now know im doing the right thing
shaz x
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I think it is perfectly normal. I'm dreading the time when I will have to say goodbye to everyone. Try to remember that its not permanent and you will be seeing them again when you visit or they visit you.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeresaG
I think it is perfectly normal. I'm dreading the time when I will have to say goodbye to everyone. Try to remember that its not permanent and you will be seeing them again when you visit or they visit you.
thanks i know..hope you dont get to upset its awful,but great advice from all on this site.great bunch of people
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.