Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Nomination arrived from Syd, now on way to London!!

Wikiposts

Nomination arrived from Syd, now on way to London!!

Old Jan 19th 2009, 2:48 am
UK-Syd Feb 2009 = HAPPY!

lerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to alllerato is a name known to all
Default Nomination arrived from Syd, now on way to London!!

So, I've spent all day waiting patiently (ok anxiously) for my couriered documents to arrive from Sydney. I was emailed the tracking number last night so this morn I watched as it arrive in Midlands centre, then went out for delivery at 9.30am. I didn't hardly dare go for a wee in case I missed it...

It came around 1.45pm, I went through it all, signed all the bits necessary, drove into town, got my documents certified, drove home, tried to arrange DHL to collect and deliver to Australia House tomorrow - too late - so up to local post office and sent Royal Mail guaranteed before 1pm...

That wasn't my preference but it was the only way it would get there tomorrow and she said it would be guaranteed to get there. It was also £5.30 vs. the £45 quoted by DHL, although they couldn't do it anyway.

The actual documents, when I checked them, gave me a heart-attack nearly - there was an error that basically said...lerato has pneumonia!! Which I don't! I had it in 1999!! Which I have obviously now managed to get rid of.. I just amended it and initialled and dated it, hope that was the right thing to do... I included the doc letter that said about it too in case it was needed.

Aaaaaand breaaatthe... After 6 wks nearly of sitting round twiddling my thumbs, I have one day of manic-ness and deadlines, and now it's back to waiting to hear again! Hope they get it tomorrow and it's authorised quickly, then I can book my flight and it may feel like I am actually going - also might give me a couple days before I fly so I can do things like my travel insurance etc.

lerato